Cancelled Trip Blues

sweetpee_1993

So here's the thread for those of us forced to cancel trips for whatever reason to get their whine out. We all need to vent, right?

Between the expense of 2 evacuations for Hurricanes Gustav and Ike and now all the damage to my home from the 2nd storm we were forced to cancel our upcoming December trip. Our vacation fund became our insurance deductible fund. LOL! When we told the kids my 10 yr old son looked at me with his mouth gaping and said, "But Mom, we haven't missed a year in 5 whole years." We explained the situation for what it was to our boys and both understood. It just blows. I know I'll miss being in my happy place. ***sigh*** We're shooting for December 2009. Hopefully just after the 1st of the year we'll be able to see far enough beyond this storm mess to make some reservations again.

Anyone else got the cancelled-trip-blues????

pacochran

Hasn't happened to me, but I feel sorry for you and the kids, that has got to be a real bummer. Even though there has been damage sounds like your family made it thru safely.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

So sorry to hear that Sweetpea. I am glad that you all are OK though.

We did not have to cancel but I really wanted to go this year, but Dh said we had to wait until next Oct. It stinks, but Disney will have bigger and better things waiting for us when we do get back. I have just started to see commercials for the new promo today. It was something like "What will you celebrate?" I am going to celebrate being back! :lol:

Upvote 0

The Empress Lilly

I was suppossed to be in Disney right now. This week.

I had to cancel because my father suffered a stroke. :(

I shouldn't cry over missing Disney in light of this, but still...
I could do with some Disney magic more than ever.

:cry:

Upvote 0

Agent1964fem

I had to cancel many times after the 9/11 attacks my husband works for a
airline ...long story

then I had a surgury another long story
then my car went kafooey even longer story

its hard because we never no what is in store for us but...

Disney will be there next year and the next and as magical as ever.

Wilderness Lodge 1997
Caribbean Beach 2003
Port Orleans - Riverside 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2007
Polynesian 2009

Upvote 0

tinksgilrs08

cancelled trip

Sorry to hear that I hope everything goes well and you will be there in my familys pryaers. I had to cancell our trip for this year also when my husband lost his hand at work. But there is hope i just booked our trip for 2009 . so the bright side Fisney will be there and maybe something magical will happen.. take care and god bless

Upvote 0

disneynut4u

We had to cancel our December trip for numerous reasons. (#1 being job decided to enforce no holiday vacations). Anyway, I took it harder than my son! We decided to go early next May, but that's another 200-something days away!!!! ! :brick:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I feel your pain. We had to cancel our annual Halloween and Christmas trips this year and will more than likely not set foot in WDW again until December of 2009. We have been to WDW during December for 8 years straight and been to MNSSHP for the last 4. Money and expenses being the way they are the cash simply is not there and I can not in good conscious put those trips on a credit card.

Upvote 0
I had to cancel my trip plans because I had to pay for college...I was suppose to go Nov.9-15 with my sister but now I cant...Now she is goin with my mom, just the 2 of them and it is literally killin me :cry::cry::cry:

Upvote 0

Mansionbutler

SweetPee.
i am sorry to hear about the damage you took from the storm. i feel bad that you cant make it down but remember disney is always in you heart and mind just close your eyes and you can smell the popcorn and see all your fav ride's. it will be ok i have been there when my grandfather past away and could not go. just keep working everyday and dreaming time will pass and you will be there in the not so distant future

Upvote 0

Keyda

Sweetpea Sorry to hear about that.

I should have been enjoying the world last week on my honeymoon but after a broken engagement that didn't happen. :cry: Hey things happen for a reason, right?

Upvote 0

DISMOM

We had to cancel a trip scheduled for May, 2007. It was awful. I feel everyone's pain.
A 5th grade teacher wouldn't let me take my child out of school, even though the school policy states that parents are allowed to take the students out for six days a semester. I'm waiting until my other child is out of elementary school, before I really have a confrontation.
I'm so sorry about all of your stories. Here's wishing good health, both mentally and physically, to everyone.

Upvote 0

eroyee

I know EXACTLY how you feel. we had to cancel our Dec. trip because of unforeseen expenses,too. I feel so bad. I want to go to WDW so bad. Its just awful. So sorry for your losses, Sweetpea. take care...we will get there again as soon as possible. WDW will be in our hearts till then.....:wave:

Upvote 0

tink68

I am so sorry you had to cancel. Where are you located? We will be going in a few short weeks. Do you think your kids would like a postcard from Mickey? I would love to do this for you. PM me if you want and give me your info. Sheri

Upvote 0

josephkinn

very sorry

That totally stinks:(. So sorry for you i know i plan my trips way ahead and look forward to them all year long so if i suddenly was unable to go id be very upset. I grew up close to Anahiem and have been going to Disneyland and Now since im on the east coast Disney World since 1967 So im totally Disneyfied.

Hopefully with this economy the way it is more people wont have to cancel thier trips

PlutoJoe:xmas:

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I had to cancel a trip one time because Uncle Sam sent me on a free trip to Haiti as part of the occupation force in 1994. Thank you President Clinton.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

I'm so sorry for everyone who can't go. Especially those who have real tragedies. It makes my problems seem small in comparison, and I am ashamed for feeling so sorry for myself. My prayers go out to all of you.

We were on the fence about planning a trip for Aug 2008, and we decided we couldn't really afford it, and that it would be best to wait. Then my wife lost her job. So we would have had to cancel anyway. Now I'm worried about how to pay for the kids activities (dance, karate, youth theater, etc.) and repairs on the house, etc. If we didn't have all that stuff, and ate fish sticks every night, we might just break even. As it is, I'm having to borrow against the house each month to keep my head above water. That can't go on forever; I'm almost at my limit. And you know how tight money is now.

If DW gets a job, and some other things happen, and all the stars line up, we might go next year. It will be a real shame if we can't, as younger DD will be 12 at the end of next year, and she really wants to visit the kids clubs she hasn't been to. The older one is a freshman in high school, and though I know they will always love WDW, pretty soon, they'll be too old for us to enjoy it as a family with younger kids. I may have to take another job or find some other way to make a few bucks.

Maybe I'll hit the mega tonight (yeah, right)!:lol:

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Okay, to make us feel better, think of the people who are charging their way to Disney, or those who really don't have the money in the bank, but are going anyway and will worry about the bills when they get back. I had rather sit at home comfortably than stress about a vacation & bills. Right?!? Disney will be there for us when we get ready to go, and we ALL will appreciate it more when we get there. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom