Canada Restaurant

Dink5582

Original Poster
Hi All,

I was hoping someone could help me, I heard rave reviews about the steak house at canada in Epcot.

Has anyone here been and if so what is it like? It was suggested booking up quick also how far would I have to book do you think?

Also my Mom is coming with us this year and she is a very fussy eater how accomodating will they be in the restaurant? (She isn't akward fussy just likes things plain)

Thanks loads in advance for all your help

Rob
x

DisneyChik17

LeCellier. It's amazing!

Book it 180 days before your holiday starts. No lie, it will fill up.

The food is GREAT and it's not just steak. They have a ton of stuff. Try it.

And they will accommodate you mother in any way they possibly can.

Captain Hank

Le Cellier is a fantastic restaurant, and one of the best in Walt Disney World. I had lunch there over the summer, and was blown away. Make sure you have the Cheddar Cheese Soup.

The standard lead time for Advanced Dining Reservations is 180 days. It's probably not necessary to be on the phone at 6:59 am 180 days before your desired seating (like Cinderella's Royal Table), however the restaurant does tend to book up quickly, and you'll want to make your reservations fairly early-on in the 180 day window.

As a rule, Disney restaurants are very accommodating towards special requests. Simple requests can be handled upon arrival, or when ordering. More complex/unusual requests should be handled prior to coming. You can try addressing any unusual requests through 407-WDW-DINE.

Here's a link to the menu: http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_lcl.htm

NoVa Mom

We LOVED LeCellier in NOV 07. We had a large party (11) with teenagers who eat tons of food and small picky kids! Not one complaint from our party! I am fairly basic in my choices. I do not want mushrooms in my sauce and they will do what ever you want!

Make ressies as soon as possible! We heard people trying to walk up and get in and they were politely turned away. Have soooo much fun!! :wave:

New2WDW

We have gone once, or shall I say we have been able to get an ADR once and we loved it! Actually I will be trying to go again this Fall! :slurp:

We all had steak and it was excellent and they have three types of breadsticks as starters that are very good!

I also had the chedder cheese soup and loved it as well!

KYMouseFan

Le Cellier (think wine celler theme) has turned into one of, if not the most, popular resteraunt in Epcot. We make it a point to eat there every trip. It is primarily known as a steak house and a pretty good one at that, imo. The menu has always been suitable for our tastes but I'm sure they would help those who have specific tastes (desserts are great). Just ask for items on the side if you're not sure. Based on the popularity I would call for reservations as soon as you are 180 days out. It isn't like Cindy's Royal Breakfast in terms of popularity but it does fill up fast. We always go for dinner but I hear lunch is a little easier to get in. I would call it moderately expensive but we are usually on the dining plan so we eat up. Now that they have changed the dining plan, I will let you know after our trip there on 4/4.
We have always had great service there and great food. IMO, you can't go wrong the Le Cellier. Last year it was a little noisy but that was due to a large group close to us with a not so happy toddler. I highly recommend it.
:wave:

KevBell

Le Cellier was one of the highlights of our trip in Jan 08. I was the first time we actually made ADR, and it really paid off!

The Cheddar Cheese soup and the mushroom risotto are high recommended! :)

- Kev

Dink5582

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for getting back to me, I am REALLY looking forward to it even though it isn't until September so well within the 180 days have marked 180 in my callander though :)

Another of my favourites was Nine Dragons in China but I heard this will be closed this year :cry: oh well c'est la vie!

Rob
x

LoriMistress

Le Cellier is a wonderful restaurant. One of the best restaurants we've eaten at. Though, you MUST book ADRs exactly 180 days before your arrival in order to get a reservation. If you call a day later, there will be no way in hell you'll get in.

wvdisneyfamily

Le Cellier is amazing! Absolutely book 180 days in advance. We just made our June ADRs a couple of weeks ago and the operator made a comment about how difficult it was to get an ADR there. The three breads they bring are good; the best in the sourdough. Yummy! The Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon is wonderful. I always have the maple creme brule, but the chocolate cake looks great, too.

Texas84

We tried to book Le Cellier in December. Couldn't get in. We were able to get into Cindy's Castle though. :shrug:

Woozle

My mom just ate there this past month and raved about it and said it was fantastic. She mentioned a dessert she got in the shape of a moose head. She said it was great.

catne

Le Cellier Possible in less than 180 days

Whether it fills up exactly 180 days in advance may depend if you're trying to book during a very busy time or not. We're going just before Memorial Weekend in May 2008, which has kind of medium size crowds. I just booked Le Cellier a week ago, for a 5:30 dinner seating/party of 4; on a Thursday night when Epcot has late extra magic hours. This is far less than 180 days out...so it is possible, if you are flexible on times. I also booked Cindy's Castle for dinner on Friday, The California Grille, and all our other first choices, as well as a Fantasmic Package at Hollywood & Vine in HS. Again, all these were booked about 2 months after reservations opened for those days. So there is hope, if you're willing to be flexible on dinner times (all or ours are between 5:15 & 5:45. which will work out fine with starting days early, we'll be eating lunch around 11-11:30, so definitely be ready for early dinner & more parks after. Since I said early was fine, she didn't check for late seatings--may have been available.)

farmgirl

We did not like it at all. :lookaroun We are from Canada and it taste nothing like what we have out this way. :shrug: We were very disappointed with the food, and the service was nothing I would brag about either. I really don't see all the hype about it. This is just my opinion and I am curious if anyone shares the same views on it. :shrug: I was quite excited to go to this restaurant but I don't intend to dine there again anytime in the near future. :wave:

PhotoDave219

LeCellier. It's amazing!

Book it 180 days before your holiday starts. No lie, it will fill up.

The food is GREAT and it's not just steak. They have a ton of stuff. Try it.

And they will accommodate you mother in any way they possibly can.

Yes, you cannot get a ressie there on short notice. Can't happen.

Tho if you can't you can always try Yachtsman Steakhouse which is pricy but it blows away Le Cellier.

scpergj

My wife and I ate there on the 19th. We LOVED it.

Our service was very good, the breadsticks were really good, my chese soup was awesome...

I had the Maple glazed filet with cream cheese mashed potatos - incredible. It was cooked a perfect medium rare, and melted in my mouth. The Moosehead beer on tap just made it even better...

Wife had the pork chop with cabbage and potatos. She likes her meat cooked to be charcoal, so she ordered it well done. When it arrived, the bone was charred, but the meat was wonderfully not burned at all, and actually very moist.

Neither of us had any room left for desert, so that will wait until next time...and yes, we're wanting a next time. Overall, the experience was very, very good.

your milege may vary.

Kevin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom