Rumor Canada Far & Wide refurbishment

Comped

My pitch was to have them sponsor the trading post with the HBC stripes collection and then also outfit the cast for their costumes (like the wool jackets for winter etc) this was back when they had the Olympics Team Canada contract and also owned Lord and Taylor’s in the US which gave them an American supply chain, however they lost the Olympic contract and closed L&T so there goes all of that. Lulu lemon, roots again, and Canada goose have all been suggested, but doubtful. It’s just interesting how Canada is the closest country yet has the smallest shop. Somehow they can fill up multiple stores in all the other countries…
You'd think the Canadian gov would be interested in promoting Canadian brands as well... Sad to see that few countries are willing to take an interest anymore (although the tourism board maintains a level of control over the film, so I was told, that's probably the strictest among any sponsor/co-developer).

UNCgolf

Tim Horton's is spreading so widely across the United States that it probably wouldn't work all that well in the Canada pavilion (not sure it ever would have, really, even though it's obviously a Canadian company). They're building several in/around Atlanta right now.

Epcot82Guy

As much as I understand the booze argument, a drinks spot seemed like such a great idea. You could easily put a patio or the like outside to draw attention. It could actually be a nice spot to stop slightly above the main path.

castlecake2.0

C121B160-9328-4EDE-AFA9-FCD8E87EF822.jpeg
995D2B09-A69C-460E-AA78-2F911D6DFFBB.jpeg
D857464C-F15B-456C-8181-3BCE1805D4DC.jpeg
E98458D6-7132-4B6D-9099-346F68FA3616.jpeg

Gran Fiesta

Let's hope they also are looking at doing something with the two smaller buildings across from the Hotel just before you go down the steps to the theater.
It is wild how much underutilized space and shuttered buildings that Disney has. But they keep retheming or "reimagining" existing buildings and rides instead of opening the shuttered buildings to increase capacity and things to do.

aladdin2007

It is wild how much underutilized space and shuttered buildings that Disney has. But they keep retheming or "reimagining" existing buildings and rides instead of opening the shuttered buildings to increase capacity and things to do.
now Morocco is in that group. Disney wants to operate as little as possible, look at all the shuttered stores at the studios..its a ghost town towards mama melrose. Since this is a Canada thread I wont even start on the animation courtyard,,,,,but anyway..I dont think they plan to do anything with Canada beyond the building maintenance they are doing now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom