Rumor Canada Far & Wide refurbishment

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Leave it to @wdwmagic to use the British spelling of "grey" rather than the American "gray". But I guess that's appropriate with Canada being a British commonwealth.
For some reason, as a greater New York City area American, I adopted the 'grey' spelling as normative. "Gray" doesn't look right to me.

On Google search "gray" pops up 3 times more than "grey." But the Wiki article uses "grey." HTML colors specs uses "gray."

castlecake2.0

I doubt it would need to be re-primed, and the color is close to the Le Cellier entrance, which I think has been gray for longer than the more recent test patch.
They entrance got the grey color last fall, the test patch upstairs was within the last few weeks. I don’t care for it, the Chateau Laurier is beige not grey.
Would be nice if they'd use this as an opportunity to also reopen all the closed space in the pavilion.
We have been begging for years. It really could be reopened without too much expense, it just needs some repairs and paint. A lounge would surely do well up here, or even just turn it into a gallery like so many other countries have. Or both?!

UNCgolf

They entrance got the grey color last fall, the test patch upstairs was within the last few weeks. I don’t care for it, the Chateau Laurier is beige not grey.

We have been begging for years. It really could be reopened without too much expense, it just needs some repairs and paint. A lounge would surely do well up here, or even just turn it into a gallery like so many other countries have. Or both?!

It could even just be a place for them to sell things for the various festivals. Anything would be better than leaving it vacant.

castlecake2.0

It could even just be a place for them to sell things for the various festivals. Anything would be better than leaving it vacant.
True. It definitely annoys me that they have a temporary festival merch booth shoved into the promenade in front of the pavilion when they have an actual store they could be using. This is another thing that annoys me with all the festivals, it’s turned the promenade into a farmers market and discourages guests from exploring the pavilions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
True. It definitely annoys me that they have a temporary festival merch booth shoved into the promenade in front of the pavilion when they have an actual store they could be using. This is another thing that annoys me with all the festivals, it’s turned the promenade into a farmers market and discourages guests from exploring the pavilions.
Not to mention all those unused pads. Just make the front half of each unused pad a picnic area with shade and tables other than a garbage can. That'll make the nighttime show easier to see and take out a bunch of pinch points for pedestrians.

SpaceMountain77

La Boutique des Provinces has long been rumored to reopen as a beverage location. I wonder if something might be happening with this refurbishment.

Comped

La Boutique des Provinces has long been rumored to reopen as a beverage location. I wonder if something might be happening with this refurbishment.
A relative of mine who knew Hudson's Bay management before they got sold off always claimed that the brand had been at one point interested at opening a flagship in there like the Japanese store, but apparently that had never gone forward because the brand had no interest in operating in the United States for regulatory and tax reasons among others. Would have made sense at one point...

castlecake2.0

A relative of mine who knew Hudson's Bay management before they got sold off always claimed that the brand had been at one point interested at opening a flagship in there like the Japanese store, but apparently that had never gone forward because the brand had no interest in operating in the United States for regulatory and tax reasons among others. Would have made sense at one point...
I do recall hearing that as well. There’s even some HBC blankets as props in the trading post. The last big partnership to operate was Roots. They took over most of the trading post until 2005ish. When they pulled out the boutique closed and everything consolidated.

Comped

I do recall hearing that as well. There’s even some HBC blankets as props in the trading post. The last big partnership to operate was Roots. They took over most of the trading post until 2005ish. When they pulled out the boutique closed and everything consolidated.
So my relatives aren't as crazy as I thought... While the company is not exactly at the height at once was, it could still work if Disney wants a retail partner in the space. Arguably that would be better than an additional food and beverage location. At least to me.

castlecake2.0

So my relatives aren't as crazy as I thought... While the company is not exactly at the height at once was, it could still work if Disney wants a retail partner in the space. Arguably that would be better than an additional food and beverage location. At least to me.
My pitch was to have them sponsor the trading post with the HBC stripes collection and then also outfit the cast for their costumes (like the wool jackets for winter etc) this was back when they had the Olympics Team Canada contract and also owned Lord and Taylor’s in the US which gave them an American supply chain, however they lost the Olympic contract and closed L&T so there goes all of that. Lulu lemon, roots again, and Canada goose have all been suggested, but doubtful. It’s just interesting how Canada is the closest country yet has the smallest shop. Somehow they can fill up multiple stores in all the other countries…

Ayla

This may be a super stupid question (so forgive me if it is) but is there any possibility they'd ever put a Tim Horton's there?

FoodRockz

This may be a super stupid question (so forgive me if it is) but is there any possibility they'd ever put a Tim Horton's there?
That would be hilariously awesome, but just imagine the prices they'd have to charge for the coffee and donuts to survive there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom