Can you walk from All Star Music to All Star Movies

kellydisney

and how long would the walk be? Is it safe?

One of our wedding guests is staying there and we only have the bus stopping at All Star Movies. TIA!

Dukeblue1016

I know when I was there for my class trip, my girlfriend and I took a walk around all of the All Stars... we were at Movies... and I believe Music is the next one over... so I'd say its like a 5 minute walk tops... I know we walked around the entire complex... late at night, certainly was safe... didn't seem too long either... i'd say 5 mins...

and Congrats as well!!!

Upvote 0

kev1000

when we was there early this year we walked from the movies to the music and the sports and it takes at max 5 mins to get from one to the outher and i would say it is safe to walk.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'd be more concerned about them all dressed up and then wilting in the hot sun on the way over. Any chance they can put their clothes in a dry cleaner's bag, walk over in shorts and then change in someone else's room?

Upvote 0

Jerm

I have done that walk....it is not that fun. You can do it, they are right next to each other but you also have both parking lots between the 2. If they will be in suits it will not be the most fun of a walk. But it is do able.

J

Upvote 0

raven

When I stayed in the Broadway section of Music a few years back I could see Movies out my window. It seams all of the All Stars were simply joined by a large parking lot.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

you sure can walk from one all star resort to another! it takes no time at all! one night when leaving epcot the bus to our resort had a huge line probally 4 or 5 busses full ( all star movies) but the all star sports bus had no line at all so we just walked right on that bus had a seat and just got off at that resort and walked through the sports, music then the to the movies.. it was a nice walk at night

Upvote 0
Completely agree. The walk is about five minutes if you're an adult, but with little kid, it'll probably be more like ten. I also agree about the heat and the nice clothes...10 minutes in Green Bay, WI wouldn't be enough to do damage, but 10 min. in WDW's humidity and who knows? Good luck!:)

Upvote 0

Rob562

Here's a link to a scan of the Movies map that they give you at check-in. (This scan is posted on AllEars)

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/asmv_map.jpg

The map is to scale, and you can see four of the buildings at Music at the top. (From left to right they are Broadway 7 & 8, Calypso 10 and Melody Hall). You can compare the map to the one for Music:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/asmu_map.jpg

In fact, the Mighty Ducks buildings are closer to Music's food court and bus stops than they are to their own!

It's a very short walk across the parking lot. If you want to limit your friend's cross-lot "exposure", tell them to walk to the back end of Calypso 10 before crossing over to Movies.

-Rob

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
We went a little farther (from sports to movies - my wife was looking for a Stitch car magnet) and it took less than 10 minutes, so I think the 5 minute estimates from Music to movies are roughly accurate.

Upvote 0
All that separates the All Stars from one another are parking lots. One time I got on the wrong bus and went to All Star Music. I just walked across the parking lot to the Sports hotel and it actually turned out to be closer to my room!

"Thanks for Soarin' with us."

Upvote 0

Rob562

Clark Griswold said:
All that separates the All Stars from one another are parking lots. One time I got on the wrong bus and went to All Star Music. I just walked across the parking lot to the Sports hotel and it actually turned out to be closer to my room!

That's one reason why I like staying at Music. If for some reason the line for the Music bus is too long at the end of the night, you can hop on any of the All-Stars buses and just walk from there.

-Rob

Upvote 0

BLY

We once stayed at the The Movies section in the Mighty Duck section, we mainly used the Music food court and buses as they were much closer than the Movie ones. There used to be a footpath for you to walk accross that was a really quick route - but it was quite a few years ago, don't know if its still there.

Perhaps the guests staying in the Music section could request a room in the section that is closest to the Movies (sorry can't remember which one that would be) - the closest the better if its very hot!

Enjoy your day!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom