Can you still get Puffed French Toast?

barnum42

I was checking the menus out on http://wdwig.com to see if Puffed French Toast was still on the menu somewhere in WDW.

It used to be an item at Crystal Palace, but the guide now just lists it as an all you can eat joint.

Does anyone know if Crystal Palace still serves Puffed French Toast, or if there is anywhere else in The World that you can buy it on it's own? (I'm not a fan of loading up on all you can it - it's too tempting and I end up too full to enjoy a different meal later in the day).

barnum42

Original Poster
Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Hmmmm......

I've never heard of it.
Is that the official name?

and......What makes it PUFFY?!?!?!?!

:lookaroun

CRYSTAL PALACE PUFFED FRENCH TOAST

2 whole eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk
1 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
12 slices Texas style toast, cut in half diagonally
Cinnamon sugar mix (4 teaspoons cinnamon plus
3/4 cup granulated sugar)

Mix eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and milk until blended. Slowly add flour and baking powder; mix until smooth. Dip bread in batter. Fry in hot skillet with 1 inch oil until browned. Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar mix.

And that is how they make it puffed!

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Thanks BARNUM!!!

Sounds delicious!

Must be the flour and Baking Soda that make it "PUFFY"?

I'll have to check it out next month!

MMMmmmmmm!

:slurp:

Upvote 0

Not For Sale

Sorry to ressurect an old thread but I just made this for dinner...It's the most delicious thing you'll ever eat.

Some notes:
-Don't make the pan TOO hot. I burned the first 2 slices. Medium-high worked best.
-It isn't necessary to drain on the paper towels.
-The recipe is official, I saw he same exact one in Cooking with Mickey Volume II
-If you plan on using all 12 slices (cut in half), I reccomend making double the cinnamon-sugar.

Upvote 0
BRER STITCH said:
Thanks BARNUM!!!

Sounds delicious!

Must be the flour and Baking Soda that make it "PUFFY"?

I'll have to check it out next month!

MMMmmmmmm!

It's the baking powder that causes the "puff". It's a rising agent.

I'd love to try the recipe, but it will have to wait. I'm on a strict "after WDW" diet. Please enjoy it for me.

Upvote 0

disneytati

barnum42 said:
CRYSTAL PALACE PUFFED FRENCH TOAST

2 whole eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk
1 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
12 slices Texas style toast, cut in half diagonally
Cinnamon sugar mix (4 teaspoons cinnamon plus
3/4 cup granulated sugar)

Mix eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and milk until blended. Slowly add flour and baking powder; mix until smooth. Dip bread in batter. Fry in hot skillet with 1 inch oil until browned. Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar mix.

And that is how they make it puffed!

Yum...... it sounds delicious!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

spoodles

Is this the same as they used to serve at Cindy's breakfast? I'd heard so much raving about it that I couldn't wait to try it when we went in April, and they had stopped serving it. :(

Upvote 0

Not For Sale

spoodles said:
Is this the same as they used to serve at Cindy's breakfast? I'd heard so much raving about it that I couldn't wait to try it when we went in April, and they had stopped serving it. :(
If memory serves me right that one is stuffed.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

spoodles said:

The one that they serve at Cindy's breakfast is a cheese danish that has been quartered and rolled in vanilla flavored flour and deep fried. OMG it is the best, I love it, if they gave me an entire plate of just those for breakfast I wouldn't need anything else.

Upvote 0

disneytati

shoppingnut said:
The one that they serve at Cindy's breakfast is a cheese danish that has been quartered and rolled in vanilla flavored flour and deep fried. OMG it is the best, I love it, if they gave me an entire plate of just those for breakfast I wouldn't need anything else.

Wanna try them!!!!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

disneytati said:
Wanna try them!!!!

Here you go...

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 3 each eggs
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons baking powder
6 tablespoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 quart frying oil
6 each cheese Danish, cut into quarters
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix eggs, milk and vanilla together and set aside. Sift baking powder, sugar and flour together and add to egg mixture. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.

Bring Shortening to 375°. Dip cheese Danish in egg batter and place dipped bread in fryer until golden brown on one side and turn over to brown the other side. Roll in cinnamon/sugar and serve.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom