Can you give away dining credits?

Audrey9505

Original Poster
We're doing the Deluxe Dining Plan on our upcoming trip and I think we're going to have a few credits leftover. Is it possible to just give them to someone? Like being nice to a stranger in a restaurant or the person behind you in line kind of way? How does that work, if it's possible? Thank you!

kasey1988

From what people have advised me, the dining plan might not be a good value unless your using all of your credits, especially table service ones..but if your getting free dining, then of course your getting a deal even if you dont use them!

But to answer your question, no you cannot give away your credits. They are on your room card and expire at midnight of your check out date.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have never seen it happen first hand so I have no idea if it was true but have heard of cases where guests meals were paid for by someone doing exactly what you suggested. All you would do is simply tell your server to stick table X on your dining plan. The worst they can do is say no.

slappy magoo

Yeah, you can't hand over your dining credits like you would an unused Fastpass. If it were the day you were leaving, I'd suppose you can hand someone over your room key, and any unused credits would still be on there, but if there's even a slim chance your room key also still has charge privileges...best not to consider it.

So like Master Yoda said, once in a restaurant, you can always elect to tell your waiter you'd like to cover someone else's meal as well.

Not to s**t on you potential good deed, but I think I'd rather use those extra credits on either Signature Dining, Hoop De Doo/Poly Luau, or Room Service (if you have it at your resort). After that, maybe use leftover credits for takeout meals & snacks you might be able to eat on the way home.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Officially, the credits are only for members of your party. From the brochure:

restrictions.JPG

Disneybird

On our last trip we had several table service credits left over, because of family members that really didn't know how to use them. So while picking up snacks at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, we asked a cashier if we could use some credits that were about to expire, for meals of other guests. She said okay, and we surprised a family of 4 with a free meal.

disneydiva72

We're doing the Deluxe Dining Plan on our upcoming trip and I think we're going to have a few credits leftover. Is it possible to just give them to someone? Like being nice to a stranger in a restaurant or the person behind you in line kind of way? How does that work, if it's possible? Thank you!

I have paid for people in front and behind me with credits, the cashiers never gave me a problem.

Lucky

It's one of those rules the CMs don't always bother to enforce, like refilling ancient mugs or kids on heelies speeding through gift shops.

bigtotoro

On our last trip we had several table service credits left over, because of family members that really didn't know how to use them. So while picking up snacks at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, we asked a cashier if we could use some credits that were about to expire, for meals of other guests. She said okay, and we surprised a family of 4 with a free meal.
I did that on Friday at Mara. Was leaving and had 3 credits left so I paid for the lady in front of me.

shmmrname

If the credits aren't of the 'table service' variety, then I suggest you take home some cookies/treats from your hotel giftshop/counter service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom