Can We Limit The Size of a Backpack

thomas998

Omg, I am so tired of someone turning and whacking me with their extreme mountain survivor backpack. Can Disney limit the size of the backpacks that someone can walk around with inside the parks?

Cmon, someone must agree with me
Why this is another opportunity for Iger to make more money... If your bag doesn't fit within a specified bag size hole you have to pay extra for the over sized bag of say 50 dollars per visit. Yeah... just imagine, Bob's eyes are probably tearing up for joy at the possibility of squeezing yet more money from the dwindling visitors.

thomas998

Maybe because I am old and fat, but I cannot imagine lugging a backpack of any size, let alone a large one. Bonus points to the offender for stamina.

And yea, you are really close if you're getting whacked by the pack. I don't get that close given a choice.

If I can smells your pits, Im having mah fits.
You can get whacked even if you don't stand to close. Some of the doofuses that have those survival bags on their back will back into you because they seem to forget that they are lugging the equivalent of a chimp on their backs. I've also seen a few idiots knock off big gobs of merch in shops because they back up or turn too close to shelves of crap.

graphite1326

Omg, I am so tired of someone turning and whacking me with their extreme mountain survivor backpack. Can Disney limit the size of the backpacks that someone can walk around with inside the parks?

Cmon, someone must agree with me
I agree with you. I have been wacked a few times myself. Why would anyone need that much stuff in the parks. Here is the list of what I take to the parks:

drizgirl

While the CM tells you to fill in the empty spaces.
Those are very specific limited instances. In a regular line, you don't have to be that close. You won't get there faster by being inches from the person in front of you. And even when you are asked to "fill in empty spaces" you don't have to be *that* close.

TrainsOfDisney

And even when you are asked to "fill in empty spaces" you don't have to be *that* close.
When it’s happened to me the most is when another guest is standing next to me, like waiting for fireworks or a parade, and they turn sideways and whack me.

The worst was when a guest in front of me, with a backpack, kept inching back little by little during the fireworks and there was nowhere for me to go cause I was up against the rope. Kinda comical to watch I’m sure haha

zurgandfriend

I’m curious, what are people carrying in these monster back packs? I see people with them everywhere, not just WDW. I carried a smaller ruck than that in Vietnam, and I was in the infantry.

Ok I’m an old timer, I understand that a lot of people are carrying laptops for school or work but are what are they carrying into the parks? When my DS was in diapers we didn’t carry a big bag like that, educate me please.

jloucks

You can get whacked even if you don't stand to close. Some of the doofuses that have those survival bags on their back will back into you because they seem to forget that they are lugging the equivalent of a chimp on their backs. I've also seen a few idiots knock off big gobs of merch in shops because they back up or turn too close to shelves of crap.
I've seen the merch knock!

...reminds me of my dogs tails as they violently knock everything off the tables.

graphite1326

Those are very specific limited instances. In a regular line, you don't have to be that close. You won't get there faster by being inches from the person in front of you. And even when you are asked to "fill in empty spaces" you don't have to be *that* close.
Inches? Those backpacks still out a foot and if someone turns around to talk to someone they often take a step back too. Don't argue with me on this if you haven't experienced it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom