Can We Limit The Size of a Backpack

Gringrinngghost

Omg, I am so tired of someone turning and whacking me with their extreme mountain survivor backpack. Can Disney limit the size of the backpacks that someone can walk around with inside the parks?

Cmon, someone must agree with me
I've rocked both the Kitchen Sink and Enduro 2.0 30L bags from Oakley in the parks. I usually keep camera gear in it like my tripod, so during fireworks its used as a weight.

That being said, I am diligent to turn around, and do so to make sure that I won't hit anyone. However, I've been hit by more strollers, then backpacks. Hell, even more strollers then ECVs.

I however did once accidently trip a kid Infront of Cinderella's castle, because they ran right across me, while I was mid-step so that was not my fault.

Who carries around a huge bag in 100° though?
I do, and both bags are black with some grey, and it can be upwards of about 5-6lbs. When it's my carry-on, more around 10lbs.

RoadiJeff

I think people with small children use them. You can keep sunscreen, snacks, water, diapers, etc. in them. You can also put any souvenirs you've purchased in them. My back sweats just thinking about wearing one in the parks, though.
Yes, but people still had small children before backpacks became so popular. Somehow, they managed without them back then.

StarWarsGirl

I wear a backpack all the time when I go to amusement parks. It's a day pack that can carry an umbrella, my refillable mug, and my portable charger. In the winter, I shove a jacket in there. If it's a bad breathing day, my portable nebulizer can go in there. I'm used to wearing a backpack and I'm only five feet tall, so usually, the only people who get whacked by me are children who aren't paying attention, and generally, I try to watch out and warn them to stand further away.

I won't argue that there are some people who aren't used to wearing a backpack and aren't aware that they're taking up more space...but also, don't stand so close to people. Just because Disney is trying to pack you in like sardines doesn't mean you have to stand right up against the person with the giant backpack.

StarWarsGirl

I don’t, the people in front of me with backpacks are not the problem, it’s the people next to me, who stand close to me, who turn for a selfie or to chat with a friend and then whack into me.
Yeah, those are the people who I'm referring to who are unaware of where they are. They definitely exist.

But so do people who stand too close. Can't help ya if you're trying to test deodorant strength.

StarWarsGirl

Every at Disney is now poor. Haven't you been paying attention to the money thread 😉
bridesmaids help me im poor GIF

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m always amazed with the strollers that look like half their owners worldly possessions are in them, I get the need for a diaper bag, etc but some of them look like they’re about to collapse under the weight of all the junk in/on them.

I saw several strollers this week at DL that looked like little trikes with a stick and handle and on every one the kid was grinning from ear to ear. I wish Disney would replace their huge strollers with little trikes like those, they took up probably 1/3 the space.

JIMINYCR

That would be a fun thing to try, no deodorant in a disney park for a full day in July.
The one and only ( Never again) August trip I took when the heat and humidity was excruciatingly unbearable, I could have bathed in deodorant and after 10 minutes in the park I was soaked in sweat.
But Ive been to Dis at other times of the year and been in line next to someone of european persuasion that obviously didnt believe in deodorant.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Omg, I am so tired of someone turning and whacking me with their extreme mountain survivor backpack. Can Disney limit the size of the backpacks that someone can walk around with inside the parks?

I've never understood why someone would carry around an enormous backpack in a theme park, but I've never considered it an actual problem.

Scooters and large strollers on the otherhand, frequently run over people all the time—which are noticeably absent from widespread use at every other Disney resort in the world.

*Not criticizing scooters for people who actually need it, but there are a ton of people who are just lazy and choose not to walk and parents that bring over-the-top strollers, unfortunately, which is a uniquely WDW phenomenon for some reason.

NickMaio

This is really cracks me up.
Disney is a crowded place.

Can people just walk in one direction, when they stop to use the dedicated stop lanes.......

C'mon people

NickMaio

Cant wait for the eventual petitions asking to ban backpacks because people aren't aware of their surroundings.
This is why we can't have nice things people........

Sombreros......BAN
10 gallon hats .....BAN
Large hats made of fruit......BAN
Rice picking sun hats.....BAN

Did I miss anything........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom