Can the East Coast Marvel Problem Really Be Solved? (Discussion)

UNCgolf

I read it as a statement, questions usually end with a ? at the end of the sentence.
They can make it whatever they want as long as they work with Marvel and it doesn't diminish the product. I guess they could have said to Uni they think it would be wrong to take away a popular coaster. They did work with them on the coaster redesign. I think in regards to Storm's ride there would be little to argue in replacing it.
This is a good article talking about the changes that are allowed or not and how it all works according to the contract.

I think you missed his point. He wasn't saying he was asking; he's saying he asked someone who works for either Universal or Disney (or both) and they told him that information.

Club Cooloholic

I think you missed his point. He wasn't saying he was asking; he's saying he asked someone who works for either Universal or Disney (or both) and they told him that information.
Ah ok. I hadn't realized they were plugged into with inside info. I still can't see that in the contract. Like I said, it's entirety possible Marvel preferred the Hulk coaster. Then again I had never heard they wanted a dark ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ah ok. I hadn't realized they were plugged into with inside info. I still can't see that in the contract. Like I said, it's entirety possible Marvel preferred the Hulk coaster. Then again I had never heard they wanted a dark ride.
The “dark ride” I used was as an example. I didn’t ask a question - I think our wires got crossed.

SteamboatJoe

Original Poster
How is this a "headache" for Disney? As I understand it, Universal has to pay Disney to use Marvel characters now. Which means Disney gets a nice chunk of change from rides it didn't have to build. Some "headache"!

And now let me ask a question: why are some people here so rabidly, foam-at-the-mouth eager to get more tacky Marvel garbage into WDW? You need Spidey so very very much? Well, happily, there's a solution. It's called Universal Studios Florida. It's right down the road from WDW. You can get your adolescent emotionally-arrested superhero fix there. Have fun!
Another question....why do some people get so angry and testy about this topic? It seems so irrational to me. I simply don't enjoy Universal nearly as much and think its a disservice to MCU fans to divide the IP all for the sake of the almighty dollar. That is why. The rest of your post seems completely unnecessary and contradictory seeing how this is a fan board about a theme park made possible by a cartoon mouse.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Another question....why do some people get so angry and testy about this topic? It seems so irrational to me. I simply don't enjoy Universal nearly as much and think its a disservice to MCU fans to divide the IP all for the sake of the almighty dollar. That is why. The rest of your post seems completely unnecessary and contradictory seeing how this is a fan board about a theme park made possible by a cartoon mouse.

"Contradictory" how? The cartoon mouse is a Disney creation. Not an Iger acquisition. Or are we to pretend that Iger created Spiderman now because he bought the franchise? And that he created Yoda too?

Acquisition isn't artistry. The Walt Disney Company was (or used to be) about artistry. And anyway, Marvel already has theme park representation. So what's with the push for more tacky superheroes in WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom