Can something be done about people using words of swear?

Ricky Spanish

Wait, would Americans generally consider it normal or appropriate for a teacher to say this to their students?! If so, I'm genuinely surprised.
Ha. I went to(at the time) the largest all boys Catholic High School in Chicago(maybe the country) and I heard a lot worse from a lot of my teachers and especially the coaches. BTW, that was in the 80’s.

Hcalvert

Wait, would Americans generally consider it normal or appropriate for a teacher to say this to their students?! If so, I'm genuinely surprised.
I edited my response to what I actually said and the situation. Trust me, I wanted to use the sh- word, but refrained from that. Crap is not considered as nearly as bad as what I could have said (at least in my household when I was growing up) and I have heard teachers say a lot worse when I was a student and now as a teacher. I agree that it doesn't make it right or proper.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
If you mean the word I think you do (the one with a feline connotation), I have never heard it used in British English as a way of referring to old women. In my experience, it's usually said to men and has the same meaning as "sissy".
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

ppete1975

honestly the cursing is going to just get worse in epcot, and im not talking about the festival drunkards...
the long time fans who look across world showcase lagoon at the view that they now have with all of the barges and show buildings that have cluttered up once was a beautiful view.
And the disaster scene that is the front entrance

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Husband and I and our two little ones were walking past the American Adventure on Sunday in what we though was a good family clean theme park. What I heard from a grown gentleman walking in the opposite direction past us was appalling and not fitting for what your parks stand for. He said and I kid you not out loud in front of family and children alike the C word. At first I was like in shock thinking surely someone especially grownup would never say such thing at a family place like Disney. After a few second it register that is exactly what he say. I turned to my husband who also heard. My husband just mumble to me to ignore and lets keep walking but I wanted to find security to get that man out of your park. We kept walking for awhile and by the time we reach Morocco I had to stop and sit down. We found a quite spot in Morocco and I ask my children had they heard what the man had say. They did not so I had to explain what was said and why nobody should ever in a family place like Disney use such language. There needs to be more security informing people that Disney is a place for the young and the family and nobody should be talking as if they are in some bar or locker room with the fellows talking filth. It was pure filth what he say. Neither of my children had ever heard this word until Disney of all places. This should not happen. Please do something or have more security around the park to keep an ear open for filth in front of families who come to create memories not hear swears. It was two gentlemen around two thirty yesterday afternoon but not exact sure. They were walking past America Adventure in the World Showcase toward direction of Italy when he shout to his friend YOU ARE FULL OF C I will not repeat the rest but it was loud enough to be hear by us who were across path going to direction of Morocco and Japan. We could not find any security and did not want to bother other cast mem not responsible for this. But please remind people who come to this place that Disney is family fun for all ages. Thank you.
What did Sam do about it?

G00fyDad

Ah, so you see, the problem with your complaint is that it occurred in the American pavilion, where free speech is one of our most treasured freedoms. Had you witnessed this in another pavilion, they might have been able to do something about it. I'll take a stab at how this could've been handled in various pavilions:
  • American pavilion - nothing can be done due to free speech, and the fact this really is not odd behavior here
  • Germany pavilion - probably would've been reprimanded very curtly, but still a free country (notice I used the word "curt"... not the word you're offended by.)
  • Japan pavilion - everyone would've gathered around to take pictures of the crazy American
  • China pavilian - not completely sure due to lack of transparency, but I think the offender would've been whisked away and locked away for a long time
  • UK pavilion - security would've put their arm around the guy, and stumbled into a pub swearing at each other
All in good fun of course. 🤣🤪
Perfect reply! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's time for you to explain to your children of the vernacular or patois/dialects of various socio-economic groups and how they differ from what is taught in your home. Guests are only limited by their ability to pay the admission price and the enforcement of conduct guidelines.

Pepper's Ghost

"They did not so I had to explain what was said"

The most confusing part of the entire post, which is saying something.
So, assuming the OP isn't a troll (which she might be), this is the most perplexing part. What parent hasn't asked their kid "did you just hear that", and when their kid says something like "no, hear what?"... the proper response is "nothing, go back to your stupid gaming app." If your kid didn't hear it, why would you say the bad thing and then explain it. Leave 'em in the dark. What kind of sick parent are you???? I'm pretty sure that's actually child abuse... to not let a single bad thing happen around your kid unnoticed without letting them know exactly what that terrible thing was when they didn't see/hear it in the first place.

mf1972

i’m not a parent, but i would be more concerned if the kid heard it & repeated it. my 4 year old nephew said a few things i know for sure he didn’t hear from me 🤣

NiarrNDisney

Ha. I went to(at the time) the largest all boys Catholic High School in Chicago(maybe the country) and I heard a lot worse from a lot of my teachers and especially the coaches. BTW, that was in the 80’s.
Went to Catholic school as well (90's) and yeah the teachers and staff loosely used choice words. I would say it's more common than not.

MickeyCB

I got to do it now. I'm going in October. As soon as I get off the bus I gotta say "well crap". Then as I walk around the park every omce in a while I will stop and say it again. Just to tick her off. So if anyone hears me say hello.
When are you going in Oct? We'll be there. If we pass each other we can say "well how the crap are you"??!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom