Can someone tell me if SSE is running?

LadyDarling

Original Poster
With all this talk of it turning into a new attraction, I'm curious:

Should I be concerned that it might not be open when we go (11/27-12/6, 2005)? I really wanted some friends of mine who are coming to see it.

netenyahoo

If it is closed then it is probably for a refurb, but it won't be closing for good. We probably won't know for a few months what the refurb schedule will be like then.

KumbaRider

How true is project Gemini anymore? I know M:S and Soarin were part of it, but how much more will they add?

I hope SE doesn't change, considering it's one of my top 3 favorite attractions at Epcot, next to LWTL and TT, but after reading the report on Project Gemini, it has its positives...

LadyDarling

Original Poster
KumbaRider said:
I hope SE doesn't change, considering it's one of my top 3 favorite attractions at Epcot...
I agree! Though it could use a new voice over (Lenoard Nemoy maybe), I love the detail... and yes, I'm one of those weirdos... even the smell! :wave: Let's hope it's just a refurb. They can redo it when I'm NOT planning on going. :goodnevil

DisneySaint

Putting in my support for the refresh and the rehab - but absolutely NOT NOT NOT of a re-do, gutting, or a change in any sense of the word. A "sprucing up", modernization, or improving are all acceptable. :)

Yukinon

I was curious about this too - last summer when we went to Disney over the 4th of July the whole area when you exit the attraction was wiped out - all that AT&T stuff. Are they switching sponsors? Was it just down temporarily and is back up now? It just looked so bare down there as you exit ;(

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The question is, will this be the rehab for the 25th anniversery and/or can we expect something big?

I hope the next sponser will be Nextel (as rummored). At least I can take comfort in the fact that some of the money I pay to these wireless thieves every month will go to something worthwhile....DONE.

I like the Lenord Nimoy idea, may it live long and prosper. (sorry I had to.)

Thorphin

LadyDarling said:
I think then they were switching sponsors... My brain's a little foggy on that one though! :)

Switching sponsors? Does anyone have any info on this? I'm always interested to hear about new sponsors signing on... seems like companies are getting out of the theme park gig these days (and seems like Disney keeps closing all my favorite attractions becacuse of it!). Except that paper towel company... crap... now I forget what they are sponsoring... Motor Stunt at Studios, maybe...

General Grizz

SSE, or SE, stands for Spaceship Earth, the icon of Epcot.

I have an additional source saying the ride will be closing October-ish. The degree of rehab is unknown, but a new report says the rehab will be most *extensive* with an exterior loop, but this is NOT confirmed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nic - welcome!

SSE is short for Spaceship Earth. There are a few lists of abbreviations on the boards somewhere - I`ll see if I can find them for you.

This may help.

And this.

raven

General Grizz said:
...a new report says the rehab will be most *extensive* with an exterior loop, but this is NOT confirmed.

Exterior loop? Where would that go? Hopefully not out of the ball itself. That would look rather strange.

Dayma

General Grizz said:
SSE, or SE, stands for Spaceship Earth, the icon of Epcot.

I have an additional source saying the ride will be closing October-ish. The degree of rehab is unknown, but a new report says the rehab will be most *extensive* with an exterior loop, but this is NOT confirmed.

I sure hope they dont ruin the symbol of Epcot by putting an exterior loop on it and making it a thrill ride. If done wrong it would take years and years to fix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom