Can someone tell me if SSE is running?

royorb1

We were there in at the end of Feb and SSE was running. My daughter loves that ride and wants to ride it all the time. Well I wouldn't want to see it taken away but it is not great shape. The main problem to me is the track. It is so bumpy and loud that it really detracts from the experience. One of the last times we rode it, it just ran really slow, and stopped many times. When getting off, the CM's had a very lite attitude about all the malfunctions, kinda like it didn't matter. I think that with some new sponsorship, SSE could be updated into an incredible experience. Don't want to see a coaster there, I want the SSE idea but just upgraded with state of the art technology, after all this is the symbol of Epcot. Epcot is my favorite park and upgrading SSE would just put it above the rest!

KumbaRider

SSE stands for Spaceship Earth, the 180 ft, 11,324 triangular paneled geosphere made of alucabond, a carbon-aluminum alloy designed to withstand the harsh Florida climate, that resides in Epcot.

ead79

General Grizz said:
SSE, or SE, stands for Spaceship Earth, the icon of Epcot.

I have an additional source saying the ride will be closing October-ish. The degree of rehab is unknown, but a new report says the rehab will be most *extensive* with an exterior loop, but this is NOT confirmed.

I hope this isn't a return to the idea of making SSE a thrill ride. I can't bear the thought of Disney turning this classic example of what Disney does best into yet another thrill ride. Epcot has plenty of thrills IMHO. Let's at least leave something inspirational and educational.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom