Can I Sneak a Guest Not on Reservation into my Disney Hotel?

MrsG710

Original Poster
I'm taking an eight day vacation to WDW and will be sharing a room with another adult... My husband wants to come out for two nights/one day and I'm wondering if I can sneak him into my room? Has anyone done this before without any problems? Does anyone know what would happen if we got caught sneaking him in? It'd be 3 of us in a 4 occupancy room. It's a room only reservation, no packages, and tickets, room key, meals, Magical Express, etc. are not an issue. We are only trying to find a place for him to lay his head at night. I was willing to pay extra for the two nights he'd be there, but my travel agent said he'd have to be on the reservation for the whole trip which would be a waste of $75.

Stitchmon

I went with my friends and wasn't on the room reservation. You don't get a key, but as long as you don't have the extra at the check-in desk you should be fine? Edit: We were at All Stars and it was November as things started picking back up for the holidays

rob0519

When we travel to WDW we have two rooms, one with two people and one with three people. The third person adds maybe $25 per night. From a fire and safety issue I agree. The hotel should know.

DisneyFans4Life

It's not going to be an issue IMO. I get what people say about fire safety/occupancy...but chances are the hotel is not at full capacity (which you can easily check online), so I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't even worry about letting the hotel know either.

CaptainAmerica

They shouldn't have a problem with it, since the room capacity is 4, but I would let the front desk know when he arrives.
Surprised to find you on this side of this issue.

No, you can't do it. Capacity is not just four people but also two adults. Any adults more than two carry an extra charge. The appropriate thing to do would be to do two separate reservations. The first reservation would be for two adults and the second reservation would be for three adults. It avoids paying the extra charge for the entire trip but allows you to add your husband within the rules.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Surprised to find you on this side of this issue.

No, you can't do it. Capacity is not just four people but also two adults. Any adults more than two carry an extra charge. The appropriate thing to do would be to do two separate reservations. The first reservation would be for two adults and the second reservation would be for three adults. It avoids paying the extra charge for the entire trip but allows you to add your husband within the rules.
I'm perfectly fine with it, if they notify the front desk. The front desk can then decide if they wish to add the extra charge, or waive the fee, since he isn't there for the entire trip.

You are correct in that I don't think it's OK to sneak him in without telling Disney, but the room capacity is 4, and they would still only have 3 in the room, so it's fine from that perspective.

dreamfinder

The front desk can add him as a "day guest" once you arrive. Typically this would be done to add a guest to a room where package elements came into play to avoid having to book the package for the short stay guest, but should work in this case as well. Depending on the CM you may get charged the per night fee for the extra adult, but it should only be assessed for the days he would be there rather than the whole trip. I've been added in the past and was willing to pay the fee just to use DME and not have to pay for a Mears transfer, but haven't been charged. This is the correct thing to do, both from a karma perspective, as well as making sure head counts match up in case of an emergency.

That said, WDW doesn't have points where they check room keys, match bodies to rooms etc. If you aren't using DME, EMH, etc etc then......

cornandacobb

I've never done it at Disney, but I have stayed or have had guests stay at rooms without being on the reservation countless times throughout my life.
I say sneak 'em. Unless the Magicband/EME is an issue for the two days.

The extra guest is two nights/one day? You mean two days/one night?

slappy magoo

The appropriate thing to do would be to do two separate reservations. The first reservation would be for two adults and the second reservation would be for three adults. It avoids paying the extra charge for the entire trip but allows you to add your husband within the rules.

This is what I was going to recommend. Take your existing reservation and break it up however you need to so Disney knows there are 2 nights where 3 people will be in the room.

If your husband is there in the middle of the trip, nights 4 and 5, you let them know ahead of time. They'll break the trip down into three different reservations, nights 1-3, nights 4-5, nights 6-8. They'll warn you (because they have to) that as a result of the split they can't guarantee you'll remain in the same room, but I've never heard of anyone who split up their reservation for any reason ever needing to move. It's a CYA thing in case they screw something up, that's all. But if you do it this way, they'll charge you the extra money for the nights he's there, but only those nights and everything's kosher.

The other option is the Slightly-More-Honest-But-Not-Totally approach of alerting the front desk on the day he arrives as if it were not planned (and hey, there's always the possibility he won't be able to join you after all, right?). At that point, the front desk can essentially choose to waive the fee (which might happen though I wouldn't count on it), or they'll do what I described above, cancel your existing reservation, set up a new reservation for those 2 nights with 3 adults, plus another reservation for the duration of the trip back down to 2 adults. The only drag with that approach is the time you'll have to spend at the front desk making that happen instead of enjoying yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom