Can I Sneak a Guest Not on Reservation into my Disney Hotel?

DisneyJoe

Really? I wonder why my travel agent told me I couldn't do it and he'd have to be on the reservation for the whole trip? I am okay with paying the extra charge, I just didn't want to have to pay it for nights he won't even be at the hotel. I will see what the front desk people can do for me. Thanks!
If it was a package, he'd need to be on for the entire trip. Room only can be added at the front desk.

Roakor

If all he wants is a place to crash it won't be a problem. I have done this before, even at the grand Floridian above the 3rd floor. Its like any other hotel, no one is going to walking and check to see who is suppose to be there and who is not. As long as you don't cause a problem there won't be one.

sheriffwoody

Looks like you've gotten your answer, but I'll chime in since I had a friend join me for one night back in January. When she arrived, we just went down to the front desk and they added her as a "day guest" for no charge. I honestly can't remember if they gave her a room key...I don't think they did, but it didn't matter because she was with the rest of us the whole time. They also let us add Magical Express for her to get to the airport the next day. This was at the Grand Floridian, and the cast members were all incredibly kind and helpful.

daisyduckie

Just add them at check in. No sneaking needed.

To be honest I would be more worried that your TA doesn't seem to know Disney very well. That is a pretty basic error to be making, telling you you can't add an additional guest.

Missymoe4

I'm taking an eight day vacation to WDW and will be sharing a room with another adult... My husband wants to come out for two nights/one day and I'm wondering if I can sneak him into my room? Has anyone done this before without any problems? Does anyone know what would happen if we got caught sneaking him in? It'd be 3 of us in a 4 occupancy room. It's a room only reservation, no packages, and tickets, room key, meals, Magical Express, etc. are not an issue. We are only trying to find a place for him to lay his head at night. I was willing to pay extra for the two nights he'd be there, but my travel agent said he'd have to be on the reservation for the whole trip which would be a waste of $75.

Last year at POFQ I was told to put my friend on the reservation as a "day guest". What you do is the night before he arrives, go down to the desk and tell them that your husband will be a day guest. They will ask for his name and give him a card to your room (not that you needed that). My friend was able to catch a ride to/from the airport using DME at no charge. EMH was not an issue (although I cannot tell you for certain if we even did an EMH).

The important part is that his name is on the reservation.

BiffyClyro

I do it all the time. No one really gives a crap, but never done it in Disney. Maybe tell the hotel with the extra security procedures these days

draybook

Wow, so you guys will crucify that one dude for using resort pools without paying yet you're okay with sneaking in an adult without paying for using the resort room? What's up with that? Personally, I don't care if he sneaks into the room, I'm just trying to understand the perceived hypocrisy.

BrianV

If you don't pay for him you get none of the "perks" of staying on-site.

I'm torn. I would call the hotel and ask if you could pay for him just the night that he is staying. I assume they'll say yes and then you are golden. If they require you to pay for him for the whole week that would be really unreasonable.

dreamfinder

I'm torn. I would call the hotel and ask if you could pay for him just the night that he is staying. I assume they'll say yes and then you are golden. If they require you to pay for him for the whole week that would be really unreasonable.

As several of us have mentioned, you can most certainly do this (and even might not be charged). Simply stop at the desk and have them added as a "day guest" and they should be fine.

Spencerrr

You will be fine I've had friends do this many times who live in the area they just can't use your magic bands and won't have tickets for the parks linked to your reservation

BrianV

As several of us have mentioned, you can most certainly do this (and even might not be charged). Simply stop at the desk and have them added as a "day guest" and they should be fine.
Agreed. I guess I just mis read others saying that this couldn't be done--maybe it was just the OP's travel agent saying this. Cant see why they would say no as long at the room capacity has not been met.

bunnyman

Hey, my child turned 18 and now I'm paying an extra $25 per night (room only reservation also) for a deluxe room with occupancy for 5 and we're only a family of 4. No magic happened that caused my child to all of a sudden use more soap, shampoo, towels, etc., but for a 7 night stay it costs me an extra $175. So for the purposes of this thread you should let Disney know and if they're going to charge extra so be it. I see some people have brought up a day guest...problem is the initial post said it would be for an overnight, so in my book that's a different story.

daisyduckie

You will be fine I've had friends do this many times who live in the area they just can't use your magic bands and won't have tickets for the parks linked to your reservation

Or be able to use Magical Express to the resort. Or get the dining plan, or charge back for the rooms, or go to any Extra Magic Hours. If any extra guest is not added to the room they lose all of that.

Spencerrr

Or be able to use Magical Express to the resort. Or get the dining plan, or charge back for the rooms, or go to any Extra Magic Hours. If any extra guest is not added to the room they lose all of that.
As I said magic bands which links the reservations which would include almost everything you just mentioned... And I believe the original author was more concerned with the guest just being able to spend the night.

"It's a room only reservation, no packages, and tickets, room key, meals, Magical Express, etc. are not an issue."

See above

Yes, because if something should happen and Disney thinks there was only 2 people in the room when there were really 3, that's not a problem whatsoever, now is it? :rolleyes:

Correct, it would not be a problem whatsoever. If there were a fire and some kind of rescue or intervention were required, no one would be checking the records to count how many people were supposed to be in each room. This would not impact the rescue efforts at all.

dreamfinder

I see some people have brought up a day guest...problem is the initial post said it would be for an overnight, so in my book that's a different story.

WDW calls it day guest, but I've been added for several days in a row, booking DME to/from the resort, and they knew that I was explicitly staying the nights in the room. Room key worked each day, no problems doing EMH etc. I think the name they use internally is just misleading. Kind of like bridging tickets, knowing what term WDW uses internally usually helps to make sure you get the correct thing done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom