Can disney expand the Walt Disney World Monorial?

JimboJones123

When talking about wasting money on something that isn't an attraction, this would be a redistribution of funds. Several factors will be used to cover the costs.

x = number of busses bought in each generation of monorail. The current generating is from 1996 or so I think.

y = annual cost of labor on bus operators, maintnence, gas, road construction, bus stations, and other costs.

Uncle Lupe

This maybe a little out there and off topic, but you could us roller coaster technology. Use the launch system of RnRC to propel the trains to each resort destination at 60-80 mph . Would be a non stop system point A to B, so if you want to go from Epcot to Animal Kingdom, hop on that "train" and off you go in the blink on an eye. You would have to make the trains accommodate more people by adding cars.

s8film40

Are there any government programs or grants that could help Disney change over some of their current bus service to a green type of transportation system? (monorail) I would think that with all of the emissions impact that the current diesel fueled bus fleet generates that the government might be interested in helping Disney convert some of their current bus capacity over to an expanded monorail system. I'm sure that this could be a good P/R move for both Disney and the Federal and State governments.

I've always thought that this would be a good way for them to fund this. I think the Reedy Creek Improvement District could help fund it. Reedy Creek is responsible for building and maintaining all of the Disney roads, so in a sense they already pay for part of the bus system. Innovative forms of transportation is mentioned in the legislature that created RCID and in fact RCID currently requires at least two forms of transportation including buses, monorails, or watercraft to all "key trip generators". Animal Kingdom is currently in violation of this requirement.

bjlc57

the main reason why the mono rail won't be built..

First of all an Addition to the monorail isn't nearly as expensive as starting from scratch. two the forms are already in the ground..

but because of the BEAN COUNTING, PROFIT TAKING ATTITUDE, the monorails will not be built..

additions to the monorail plus the rebuild of 20,000 leagues are the two most requested items at Disney.

but the crappy attitude of profit, profit, profit taking, has killed this situation.

and right now they are using the economy to defend the fact that they aren't building anything at Disney..

but when business was good the excuse is that we are TOO BUSY to build something new at Disney...

if you don't believe this lie they will tell you another one..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom