can Disney bring it all back.. or have they gone TOO FAR...

Chi84

Premium Member
That’s unfortunate to hear, if this is true. I hope it’s not true, but, then again, I didn’t see a single custodial CM at the park. Not once. I only went that one time, so I don’t know how often custodial CMs are seen throughout the park. Definitely not what I’m used to. It certainly doesn’t encourage me to return any time soon.
We went in May and then again in October and the difference in cleanliness was very noticeable. In October, there were many custodial CMs picking up trash in the parks and several of the larger bathrooms had a CM stationed inside.

The food court at CBR had CMs clearing trays and plates from tables before people were finished. I had to guard my partially used packet of hot sauce lol!

Things seem to be getting better. They must be finding more workers.

eliza61nyc

Attendance is a lagging indicator, by at least 12-18 months. It's not a restaurant down the street people are deciding to go to this weekend because they're hearing so many good things. It's a huge commitment that people have decided to make months and months ago, based on decades of either positive experiences or positive word of mouth, and it takes a lot to have people cancel. But it's a different story in 2-3 years when people who had a bad time this year never once thought about going back, and never planned a trip at all.

Competent management knows just because numbers are up now doesn't mean everything is rosy when a huge percentage of those millions of visitors have bad things to say about their visit.
I'm not saying everything is rosy either. I'm simply stating that clearly SOMEONE is going to the world.
Again this board has been spouting Disney's "comeuppance " for what 10 years now.
In the words of Dr. Phil, "how's that working out".
All I'm saying is that IMO nothing is going to significantly change in the next two years. My crystal ball has been wrong before though.
Now again there is the issue of word of mouth, so let me ask you, your saying there's this major portion of visitors who say Disney is horrible but yet like the movie, they are still coming exactly what do you think is going to change??

I'd be happy if they would adequately staff that's all I'm going for.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

We went in May and then again in October and the difference in cleanliness was very noticeable. In October, there were many custodial CMs picking up trash in the parks and several of the larger bathrooms had a CM stationed inside.

The food court at CBR had CMs clearing trays and plates from tables before people were finished. I had to guard my partially used packet of hot sauce lol!

Things seem to be getting better. They must be finding more workers.
That’s great to hear!

eliza61nyc

Okay so, supposedly there is major problem with word of mouth and Disney now has a bad reputation.
Exactly who are all these folks in the parks??
Hey don't get me wrong, I would love love love it, if attendance dropped 20-25% by my next trip in April. So I'm totally on team "Disney sucks"

We need that sound from Black panther 2 that hypnotized everyone and made people fall blindly off the boat..😄 just joking

Last edited:

harryk

Want any type of fast pass gone, transport from mco back, airport luggage back. That is all I want besides dining plans and annual passes.
Don't think that is too much to ask for.

Chi84

Premium Member
Want any type of fast pass gone, transport from mco back, airport luggage back. That is all I want besides dining plans and annual passes.
Don't think that is too much to ask for.
I’d settle for just the return of FP+. The other things would be nice, though.

SD449

He and Iger… knew each other.

There’s certainly a lot more dissatisfaction with the parks in general both with fans and general guests. I’ve said elsewhere it’s surprised even me how much there is.
I thought Jobs was indirectly to blame for a lot of Disneys issues.

Starting with his frustration at Eisner not wanting to buy Pixar, or at least treat it with the respect they deserved
Suggesting to Iger that they need to invest in tech, hence big spending on infrastructure that lead to MagicBands and Fastpass+
This tech incentive, possibly added to the flurry of que add-ons

But I maybe wrong…

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought Jobs was indirectly to blame for a lot of Disneys issues.

Starting with his frustration at Eisner not wanting to buy Pixar, or at least treat it with the respect they deserved
Suggesting to Iger that they need to invest in tech, hence big spending on infrastructure that lead to MagicBands and Fastpass+
This tech incentive, possibly added to the flurry of que add-ons

But I maybe wrong…
We nearly got JII v4, sponsored by Apple. Sadly Jobs death ended that.

yensidtlaw1969

We nearly got JII v4, sponsored by Apple. Sadly Jobs death ended that.
Which is a shame, really, because that Genius Bar in the old ImageWorks could have come in handy after the iPhone37 glitches on booking a virtual queue for Living with the Land

EPCOT Imagination Apple 1.jpg

erasure fan1

Competent management knows just because numbers are up now doesn't mean everything is rosy when a huge percentage of those millions of visitors have bad things to say about their visit.
Very true, and Disney management knows this as well. The issue is they don't care in the least. By the time they burn it to the ground, they'll have their fat bonuses and golden parachutes and it will be someone elses problem. There isn't one person in Disneys executive team right now that cares about the legacy of the company in my opinion.

Disstevefan1

Very true, and Disney management knows this as well. The issue is they don't care in the least. By the time they burn it to the ground, they'll have their fat bonuses and golden parachutes and it will be someone elses problem. There isn't one person in Disneys executive team right now that cares about the legacy of the company in my opinion.
🏆 💯☝️

DfromATX

Agreed. Maybe a mix of buses and smaller vehicles would have made more sense cost-wise since they typically knew who was arriving when (barring travel issues.) Of course, it would complicate things as well.
Actually, I like the idea of smaller vehicles and maybe less of them. I loved the Magical Express, but I will also admit there were times when hardly anyone else was on it but my family or maybe one other one. I can remember seeing a big row of nearly empty buses. To me, it was the start of the vacation and of course not having to worry about your luggage was a big plus, but I guess I can see why it wasn't the most cost effective thing for them. It would be nice if they switched to vans or something like that. However, out of all the issues we can complain about now, that's not the most pressing one for me.

DfromATX

I suppose. It gets tiring dealing with all the negativity, especially from those who haven’t been there recently. We have really good times at WDW.
We went in February 2021 and had one of the best trips ever! In all fairness though, it was during the pandemic so we experienced record low crowds and I won't lie, it was fantastic! And, the ME was still running at that time. We even got a picture with our driver so we could remember it lol. I've had a few coworkers make the trip since then and all reported a good time. We're going again in January and I am confident we will have a good time too! I do believe a lot of the complaints are legit though, and I truly hope we see some positive changes.

DfromATX

I wouldn’t call that heavily discounted from the perspective of the average guest. The only reason the hotel isn’t full is that it’s so expensive. Were they to lower the price point for everyone, they would have no trouble getting bookings. From what I can tell, the issue isn’t one of concept or quality—by all accounts, it’s a great experience.
What is the talk about the star wars hotel now? Now that I think about it, I haven't heard much about it lately. It's not something I'd ever want to do since I'm not a Star Wars fan, but are people doing it? Has it been a hit or a flop? Just curious.

TQQQ

What is the talk about the star wars hotel now? Now that I think about it, I haven't heard much about it lately. It's not something I'd ever want to do since I'm not a Star Wars fan, but are people doing it? Has it been a hit or a flop? Just curious.
Flop. It will be a major flop soon. There are already rumors about doing something else with it. Not sure who green lighted that project. Prob same guy that did the NBA experience in Disney springs that lasted about a week

Sandurz

People say this about every company as commentary on Corporate America but I'm saying that this is happening right now! it's why Chapek is gone! This isn't a 20+ year legacy issue, like people are comparing EPCOT now to 1987 and telling their friends and family how much they miss Horizons. These are drastic enough problems that serious effects are 1-3 years out if they don't course correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom