can Disney bring it all back.. or have they gone TOO FAR...

eliza61nyc

I’m not sure I follow. What’s the negative of the suggestions I made?

My suggestions were to let resort guests book their first ride every day of their trip a week in advance so they do t have to wake up every day before 7am. That solves 2 big problems people have with Genie+ (Waking up early and not being able to pick return times) and it costs them nothing.
Apologies, I thought you were asking what did you think would be the blowback if they got rid of the reservation system all together .

Goofyernmost

I'm sure other people have had different experiences, but whenever we took Magical Express (a handful of times) we were either the only party on the bus, or there were one or two smaller parties. That can't be cost-effective unless it's an odd exception.
Even if there were only two, those two room rates at WDW would cover the trip. You cannot judge the cost by the numbers on any single trip but the revenue that was gained when the bus was full made it all worthwhile. You must remember that the cost of the bus ride was will hidden in your room rate. And for those that drove there also paid a share of the expense and more if you consider the parking fees. You will also notice that even though the bus service no longer exists the room rates didn't decline.

eliza61nyc

Disney has a problem when word of mouth is negative. If anything causes them to change, that will be it.
Nah, the only thing that will cause them to change is attendance drop off. How long have people been kvetching about Disney here?? Five years at least and as others have pointed out, the parks are still jammed.
Last year everyone said that it was simply pent up vacation energy fueling the crowds, well that proved to be not really true, or not the entire reason .
Next a lot of stuff is anecdotal, I know 2 couples that have purchased dvc membership, so who can tell. As some else here said upstream for everyone who says they are no longer going, there seems to be 2 to replace them. I will say that everyone I know who goes are complaining about the crowding but no one complained about genie plus or quality.
No one thought it was confusing (one of my friends though is a project manager so she gets annoyingly happy from planning).

The only thing that is going to really effect change is a consistent drop in attendance. I truly don't see that happening say within the next 2-3 years.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The only thing that is going to really effect change is a consistent drop in attendance. I truly don't see that happening say within the next 2-3 years.
Umm you may want to rethink your comment.

If you believe it, there has been a consistent drop in attendance since 2019. It’s been quite the intentional effort too.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I suppose. It gets tiring dealing with all the negativity.
I really don’t appreciate the generalization that any complaint is automatically an embittered person just spouting off hatred.

What is tiring is people that just automatically dismiss any criticism as generic negativity rather than take the effort to challenge an assertion and have a discussion.

The overwhelming majority of people on this board who offer “negativity” have detailed issues and problems with what is and has been happening in the parks, and do so with examples, evidence, and reasoned thought. Simply dismissing and demeaning those who take this viewpoint is wrong.

Chi84

Premium Member
I really don’t appreciate the generalization that any complaint is automatically an embittered person just spouting off hatred.

What is tiring is people that just automatically dismiss any criticism as generic negativity rather than take the effort to challenge an assertion and have a discussion.

The overwhelming majority of people on this board who offer “negativity” have detailed issues and problems with what is and has been happening in the parks, and do so with examples, evidence, and reasoned thought. Simply dismissing and demeaning those who take this viewpoint is wrong.
I’ll remember that when my positive posts are dismissed as “pixie dusting.” There’s fault on both sides. You make some good points. I’ll try to be less flippant from now on.

And I’m always willing to have a discussion.

Last edited:

_caleb

I don’t think people want DME back, I think they want simple transportation from MCO included in their resort fee. Those aren’t the same thing.

In the same way, I don’t think people actually want to go back to the good old days of paper fastpasses, Extra Magic hours, or tiny bottle of shampoo in resort rooms. I think they want to be impressed with what’s included in the admission/price/fee rather than disappointed with what isn’t.

JoeCamel

I don’t think people want DME back, I think they want simple transportation from MCO included in their resort fee. Those aren’t the same thing.

In the same way, I don’t think people actually want to go back to the good old days of paper fastpasses, Extra Magic hours, or tiny bottle of shampoo in resort rooms. I think they want to be impressed with what’s included in the admission/price/fee rather than disappointed with what isn’t.
They want the door to door luggage service

eliza61nyc

Umm you may want to rethink your comment.

If you believe it, there has been a consistent drop in attendance since 2019. It’s been quite the intentional effort too.
Lol in 2021 the year after a global pandemic Disney had over 12 million visitors. Making it still the number one theme park tourist destination . Yes it was down from 2019 but that was pre pandemic.

So thank you no, I'm doubling down.
I would love it if all these "boycott" Disney campaigns would get traction because in the world of big companies money talks but if I was a betting gal, I wouldn't be betting against them.

Marriedatdisney

Build auditorium venues and with the ones they have produce live shows that rotate / update every 2-3 years. They can ‘eat’ a lot of guests And would increase the experience. Sprinkle back in the street performers as well. The studios performers…. The jack sparrow skit….. when the ONLY thing to do is wait 100 minutes to ride a ride, you focus on the queues. They could have something ‘new’ at a fraction of the build costs. Imagine the Star Wars live shows that could reuse a stage.

GimpYancIent

It is a very individual thing as each person's experience is their own, but the question is, do the quests feel (post Disney experience) that the enjoyment / fun / excitement justified the effort / cost / time invested? The accumulation of detractors individually may not seem much but added together can tip the scales. The reduction / lower quality Mousekeeping, the addition of parking fees for resort guests, park reservations & Genie then the never-ending construction walls (guests want to see and experience finished / functioning attractions), yeah gusts will come when these things are actually working. There are many things if addressed correctly and with some sense of urgency can change the course Disney parks have taken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom