can characters talk?

Erika

Originally posted by bearboysnc

Have you ever signed with 4 fingers or less?

Goofy = 4

Pooh = less

LOL, it's possible. And it happens.

It's more about the hand shape and movement than the number of fingers you have.

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by tmp
Even though masked characters are not permitted to talk I have had Minnie "kiss" me before. The cast member actually made the sound of a kiss. :kiss:

You mean MINNIE made that sound.

Another thing, no one better not lay a finger on Minnie, she's MY GIRL!

Worldphile

Originally posted by TinkerBell9988
When we were eating in the Liberty Tree Tavern, Goofy came by our table. He took me by the hand and starting ballroom dancing with me and "dipped" me, as so I was almost completely upside down! It was hilarious, and the pictures are funny (and humiliating!)...

By the way, mktiggerman, you must be pretty tall since you usually play Tigger's role... He has some kind of height requirement, right?

According to my tour guide on the Keys to the Kingdom tour a few years ago, all of the characters have height limits. Mice and chipmunks were the shortest, if I recall correclty, around 5'3" to 5'6". So, it most likely a female under that Mickey outfit. Goofy was the tallest, around 6' 2" or something like that. So, an actors height can limit the characters he/she can try out for.

That's why you never see a big variation in height of any of the characters. (Ever seen a 6 foot Mickey?)

leeocean

Goofy is always a very tall and lanky guy. I was at Chef Mickey's in January and Goofy was hitting on me - he kept hugging me and sitting on me while all these little kids were politely waiting for him and he kept blowing me kisses - it was hilarious.

SnowWhite5669

In April, we were coming out of the Great Movie Ride and one of the Green Army Men, yelled this at me "Young lady, it's a sunny day and you have a perfectly good pair of sunglasses on the top of your head, put them on now..." It was really cool, they were also in the parking lot of MGM when we were getting on the tram. Only the sargent spoke though and he was the same one that "yelled" at me. He sounded exactly like the voice from ToyStory.
:p

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Worldphile

According to my tour guide on the Keys to the Kingdom tour a few years ago, all of the characters have height limits. Mice and chipmunks were the shortest, if I recall correclty, around 5'3" to 5'6". So, it most likely a female under that Mickey outfit. Goofy was the tallest, around 6' 2" or something like that. So, an actors height can limit the characters he/she can try out for.

That's why you never see a big variation in height of any of the characters. (Ever seen a 6 foot Mickey?)

sigh.. I wish tour guides would give out correct information... part of it is correct, but most of it is wrong (and I'm not gonna bother correcting it either.. cuz I'm :drevil: ) hehehe

Disney_Freak:oþ

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
In April, we were coming out of the Great Movie Ride and one of the Green Army Men, yelled this at me "Young lady, it's a sunny day and you have a perfectly good pair of sunglasses on the top of your head, put them on now..." It was really cool, they were also in the parking lot of MGM when we were getting on the tram. Only the sargent spoke though and he was the same one that "yelled" at me. He sounded exactly like the voice from ToyStory.
:p

Did you put your sunglasses on after he told you that?! :)

Wilt Dasney

I hear voices every time I walk down Main Street; I always thought it was Mickey and Donald, but after they started telling me to set fire to the sweetshop, I started to reconsider.

Parker

I've had a few instances where I've seen characters talk.

Once when we were in MGM during Christmas, my 4 year old neice wanted to see Goofy. We took her over to him and he turned and kind of jumped. Then he looked at her and said, "Gosh, I thought you were the boss!" and pointed at her Mickey Ears hat.

We all got a big laugh out of that.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Face characters are the only ones permitted to talk.

There are a few exceptions to every rule but I go along with face characters only.

On a slightly different note - autographs - notice how everyone signs their name EXCEPT for Woody & Buzz. "They're toys and cannot write"
Some imagination huh ?

mburk

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

On a slightly different note - autographs - notice how everyone signs their name EXCEPT for Woody & Buzz. "They're toys and cannot write"
Some imagination huh ?

Don't forget about Pluto - he has a rubber stamp for his paw print.
Oh, Mike & Scully don't sign either.

RogueHabit

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Some imagination huh ?
And King Louie, Green Army Man,and Miss Piggy

Originally posted by mburk

Don't forget about Pluto - he has a rubber stamp for his paw print.
Oh, Mike & Scully don't sign either.
We have several written autograuphs from Pluto, complete with a drawing of a paw print.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
I hear voices every time I walk down Main Street; I always thought it was Mickey and Donald, but after they started telling me to set fire to the sweetshop, I started to reconsider.

Yeah you might wanna consider talking to a non-Disney professional about those voices! HAHA :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom