Can an adult order off the kids menu at WDW?

Pippa

As our portions in the UK are tiny compared to the American ones,the kids meal is about all I can manage to eat without bursting!!!!

Upvote 0
At the beginning of June, I took my 10 year old niece to eat at the Castle. It was hot and the adult menu had mostly heavy foods on it-- that I knew would be too heavy in my stomach, with all our out door activity. The first time we went, I had a salad off the adult menu. My niece had a chicken strip meal off the children's menu. It was a good amount of food. A few days later, when we ate at the castle again, I asked the waitress if I could order the chicken strip meal and she said go ahead. As I looked around, I saw that many other adults had done the same. I wasn't being cheap, and I did leave a good tip. It was just that we had been there for several days, and I was tired of fast food. If in doubt, just ask. All anyone can say is no, if it is not acceptable.

Upvote 0

billybaruch1

Thank you, goofyoverdisney. The trend seems to be higher prices for bigger portions. This would not be objectionable if we, as patrons, actually wanted more food. There is so much food that goes to waste this way, in my opinion.

People do not need 3 FULL meals a day. I, for one, do not need to eat every day eggs, bacon, potatoes, and pancakes; then a 1/4 lb burger with grease (fries) and sugar (Coke) for lunch; followed by steak (1 lb) and potatoes for dinner (don't forget the ice cream).

What do you think?

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

lots of times my mom orders off the kids menu, because the adult portion is just too big for her... she's about 90lbs soaking wet... and they never question her... :) she's in her 80's.

Upvote 0

whatwouldwaltdo

Original Poster
I've found eating one big meal a day at WDW works for us. In between meals, I try to eat something light. The fresh fruit carts are great, although I'm not above eating an ice cream cone now and then.:animwink:

Upvote 0

AutumnKlassic

May gross you out!

I'm 19 (and was there 3 weeks ago, and in Dec) and they have never given me a problem at all. And I only order off of the kids menu. Although, some menu's do say "for mickeys little friends, 12 and under please" In that case, instead of going against it I just split an entree with someone else. Also if you are concerned about only liking the food on the kids menu, they will gladly fix you an adult portion of any kids meal. We did that many times, and never had a problem.

Do you remember which places will do this? My fiance had cancer and when he went through radiation the inside of his mouth was severly burned and then he lost all of his teeth. So the last time we went to Disney World almost everything on the regular adult menus was either too spicy or too tough. We went to McDonalds everynight for dinner. The kids menu items are what he eats normaly at home and if he could get an adult portion of things like mac and cheese and the mini corndogs he might be more willing to go back

Upvote 0

mdisney

Most of the time there is no problem. I am a 19 year old 6'3" 250 pound male and I have never had a problem ordering from the kids menu :lol: One time at San Angel Inn (Mexico) they wouldn't let me but that is the only time I have ever run into that problem. I am a very picky eater so whenever we go to the Brown Derby (for instance) there is nothing that even comes close to what I like on the main menu so I always get the kids grilled chicken breast and I love it.

San Angel Inn is not a Disney run.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I always split meals with my DS. He's only 5, and a picky eater, even with children's meals. So if there's something on the adult menu that I know he likes, we'll order the one and split it ... on the other hand, if there's something he does like on the children's meal, we'll split that too and order an appetizer or side salad as well. Not only do we actually finish our meals without feeling stuffed, but we have extra money for an ice cream, Dole whip or other treats.

Upvote 0

jesserin

IMHO Disney understands that their prices are high - baskets are large... and tummy's get overstuffed pretty easily. So for smaller appetites (or picky eaters) the kidsmeals is exactly what you pay for.

It makes no sense why the wouldn't let an adult order a kids meal... it's less food... smaller drinks... smaller price...

*shrugs* maybe that's just logical to me though... :lol:

However... I've been enjoying the kids meals in Disney for many years now - these days you can get a ton of variety in the kids meals, especially in Epcot and the hotels, so I'm always filled up (heck half the time my daughter and I split a kids meal!) And still walk away stuffed.

You'll have no problems letting your teen's order off any menu they want. But be prepared to pay full adult price - no matter what they eat or order - at the buffet's. They make no exceptions for small appetites at buffet and family style meals. If you're over 9 you pay the adult price. End story. :)

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We just got finished paying for ten days worth of kids meals at both counter and sit down. No toys. I dont ever recall them giving toys with the meals. At some of the sit downs you have the option of purchasing the glow in the dark ice cubes, etc, but by no means are the complimentary.

The only thing that I can think of that would have some type of toy or take home aspect of the meal is the PB&J boxes that they have available to purchase at the Allstars and other resort food courts.

Upvote 0

jesserin

We just got finished paying for ten days worth of kids meals at both counter and sit down. No toys. I dont ever recall them giving toys with the meals. At some of the sit downs you have the option of purchasing the glow in the dark ice cubes, etc, but by no means are the complimentary.

The only thing that I can think of that would have some type of toy or take home aspect of the meal is the PB&J boxes that they have available to purchase at the Allstars and other resort food courts.

Agreed. Not once have we received a toy. :) Applesauce and carrots? Yes. Toys? Nope. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom