Cameraman Statue at MGM

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
I have a friendly-debate going on with a friend about who the cameraman statue actually is modeled after (at end of hollywood blvd on left in planter).

anyone know, for sure?

MattBoom

I'm not sure, but here's his picture.

172787444-L.jpg

Rob562

I'm not sure, but here's his picture.

172787444-L.jpg

OK, someone go read what the plaque in the bottom right corner says. :) Looks like there's a picture of the statue on it.

I know the plaque on the left is the park's dedication plaque, but I don't think I've ever read that other smaller one.

-Rob

the-reason14

Kinda under the impression that its Walt Disney, a young Walt Disney around the "Alice Comedies" 1920s time. I never really considered it to be him, but now I do.

bradg84

i thought it was walt, too - i even thought there was a picture of him in this pose in one man's dream video... but my friend says that the plaque says it's just a random statue called "The Camera Man" and says nothing about Walt Disney...?

Hey you. How've you been?

And I always thought it was Walt, also... or supposed to be modeled in Walt's likeness in some way.

Brian_WDW74

i thought it was walt, too - i even thought there was a picture of him in this pose in one man's dream video... but my friend says that the plaque says it's just a random statue called "The Camera Man" and says nothing about Walt Disney...?

Your friend is right that the statue isn't of Walt. But the plaque does contain a quote from him:

"Movies are a medium of expression like a symphony orchestra... or a painter's brush and canvas."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom