Camcorders in Disney

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
This hasnt been mentioned but just need to know before we leave next Friday???? Is there any place where we cannot video? Rides, parades, shows etc. In case we don't get to come back my grandson can look at what we film daily if he wants to. It wouldn't be of everything in its entirety. I am sure that there are signsoutside some of the rides but mostly can we do parades and the characters and or the character breakfast? Thanks for info if any one knows.
:shrug:

DisneyGigi

There are certain (very few) rides/shows that do not allow videotaping. They will tell you in the preshow what is allowed. Most allow video taping without external lighting. :wave:You can video all parades and characters/dining.
Hope you have a great trip!

mdbeaudoin

Yes yes yes

Hi! For years I have recorded many things and transferred them to tape or DVD... I always ask before going onto a ride or into a show, but normally the person running the show says "no flash photography or video lighting" if photos or videos are a no-no. I have also recorded most parades - here is a hint - tape the parades in their entirety!!! It is more fun for the watcher if you do that.
Also - go to www.youtube.com to see some of the other videos that other guests have made!
Have fun!

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
Thank you both... I thought so about the parades but wasnt sure about rides. On my digital camera I find does better without the flash on for some reason it picks up light. So I can take some pictures on rides just no flash right? I am so excited we bought a new one or and or first one and our first time to WDW in Florida. My last trip was in 1982 Disneyland when my youngest was 1 1/2 so, this is going to be the best thing ever. Grandson and the oldest daughters as well she was 4 when we went then and she remembers nothing. Friday cannot come soon enough to leave

Most shows and rides say no "flash photography" but you can take pictures without the flash if you can get them to turn out. Picture editing helps a lot though :D

Rob562

Most shows and rides say no "flash photography" but you can take pictures without the flash if you can get them to turn out. Picture editing helps a lot though :D

And be aware that the LCD screens on digital cameras can be just as annoying as a flash for nearby riders on dark rides. I'd suggest using the viewfinder, or just take "blind" photos and hope to get some good ones. :)

-Rob

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
I never use the screen, I have to do the winking bit. I need glasses for close up so why even use it. Mine will not bother anyone the way I do it. But if it should I won't do it. I am not one of those people who don't care what others think. I am not the only person on the earth and do try to be curteous. Unlike some of the people who are my customers. If we all thought like this people wouldn't be so rude to each other right.
Thanks again for the info. I will be leaving for my last market of the year and wont be back until Monday but will try and keep up with the site. Then its off to WDW on Friday morning.... Yipeeeeeeeeee

CThaddeus

It's been mentioned in a few other similar threads, but here are the attractions they don't want you videotaping in:

Magic Kingdom
1. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (my guess is because it involves audience members)
2. Stitch's Great Escape! (not sure why exactly, other than the harness makes it more difficult to hold the camera)
3. Carousel of Progress (absolutely no clue why)

Epcot
1. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (probably because of the actors in it; I'd say it's because of the 3-D, but they don't care if you tape Philharmagic or Muppet-Vision)
2. Soarin' (most likely because you're suspended so high off the ground. Drop a camera and kiss it goodbye)
3. Ellen's Energy Adventure (again I'm guessing a case of the actors)
4. Cranium Command (when it's open; another case of many actors)
5. Body Wars (when it's open; also hit or miss. Sometimes they don't care, other times they do)
6. The Making of Me (when it's open; not sure why since Martin Short is okay with people taping O' Canada!)
7. The American Adventure (no idea)
8. Impressions De France (again, no idea)

Disney-MGM/Disney's Hollywood Studios
1. Sounds Dangerous (because of the actors in it, maybe?)
2. Star Tours (no freakin' idea. You can tape it all you want at Disneyland, so this making zero sense. Then again, you can tape Muppet-Vision here, but not at California Adventure. Go figure...)
3. One Man's Dream (the movie part, no idea why. They wouldn't let you tape it when Michael Eisner narrated it, so I don't think it's Julie Andrews requesting it)
4. Rock n' Rollercoaster (I'd say Aerosmith, or that they don't want you dropping your camera in the middle of one of the loops)
5. Tower of Terror (Similar to RNRC, they're probably afraid someone will let the camera go during a drop and it will smack someone on the head on the way back up)

Animal Kingdom
1. It's Tough to be a Bug (the actors, I'm guessing)
2. Dinosaur (I've only encountered this once, but you never know. I had a CM on Spaceship Earth tell me no recording once, too)

I think that's all of them. If I remember another, I'll post it.

wdwCC

I know several of those (CoP, Am. Ad.) have videos on You Tube. It should be ok if no bright light is seen, camcorder light, or lcd screen.

CThaddeus

I know several of those (CoP, Am. Ad.) have videos on You Tube. It should be ok if no bright light is seen, camcorder light, or lcd screen.

They do say quite clearly before these shows and attractions "No videotaping." I'll admit, I often don't listen and try to tape them anyway (I'd hate to see the attraction get gutted and not have a copy of it for posterity). But, you're risking getting lectured during the middle of the attraction to turn it off, which could be a distraction for the other guests...especially if they do it over the PA. Some CMs are more lenient than others, but the attractions I listed are all ones they have been somewhat adamant about in the past.

Craig & Lisa

Before they started the tapped narration on living with the land I had used my v-cam almost everytime, then this one last time a rather snotty CM decided to tell me that I couldn't tape during the first part before the gardens, I informed her that I had done it before and was not using any video light and she just didn't care, I was not allowed to record at the begining. At the end I asked one of the CM's at the ride and said she should not have told me that, she also was watching me while I was talking to him. She gave me a look and I said that perhaps she needs to be told how this attraction works before she gets back into the boat again. At which the CM behind the podium gave alittle snicker.But as far as I know the only place you can't video is SGE, or still pic's too.

DisneyGigi

They do say quite clearly before these shows and attractions "No videotaping." I'll admit, I often don't listen and try to tape them anyway (I'd hate to see the attraction get gutted and not have a copy of it for posterity). But, you're risking getting lectured during the middle of the attraction to turn it off, which could be a distraction for the other guests...especially if they do it over the PA. Some CMs are more lenient than others, but the attractions I listed are all ones they have been somewhat adamant about in the past.

I am always very respective of the rules, so much that DH laughs at me about it. With the rumor that has been going around that CoP will close and not be reopened when Space goes down though I have to say that I might be tempted to try. I have never even taken pics in there but I will this time, very respectfully of course with no screen or flash.

Delswife

I always wanted to tape COP but was way to chicken to do it.

I really hope they don't close it down, it's one of my favorites.

You can take Mickey's Philharmonic? I didn't know that. How does that look?

DisneyGigi

I always wanted to tape COP but was way to chicken to do it.

I really hope they don't close it down, it's one of my favorites.

You can take Mickey's Philharmonic? I didn't know that. How does that look?

CoP is one of my faves and DS's too. I hope they don't either.

Yes, you can as long as you don't use a light. There is a video on youtube that I have seen of Philharmagic and it looks pretty good the 3D part is a bit blurred but you can see it. I am going to try it next time.

lawyergirl77

To add to the list of another ride/show that you can't tape - Finding Nemo: The Musical at the Animal Kingdom. I'm not sure if it's because it's new or if it's for the safety of the actors who come through the aisles.

CThaddeus

To add to the list of another ride/show that you can't tape - Finding Nemo: The Musical at the Animal Kingdom. I'm not sure if it's because it's new or if it's for the safety of the actors who come through the aisles.

You can now. I was there in December and though they did play a spiel saying no taping, the CMs right after that said you could as long as you didn't use lighting and you could take pictures as long as you didn't use a flash. I taped it twice.
As for Mickey's Philharmagic (and Muppet-Vision), my way of doing it is taking a pair of 3-D glasses you sometimes get from various other sources - ie. when TV shows put on 3-D episodes, the Disney 3-D glasses you get at the theater (like for "Meet the Robinsons"), etc. - then I cut the lens out to the shape of the lens of my camera (actually slightly larger so it won't fall out). When I go in to tape it, I pop the 3-D lens over the video camera's lens, and voila, no more 3-D image. Mickey's Philharmagic, though I'm not a big fan of it, came out particularly well each of the times I've taped it...and no, they don't care if you do.

dolbyman

the Disney 3-D glasses you get at the theater (like for "Meet the Robinsons"), etc. - then I cut the lens out to the shape of the lens of my camera (actually slightly larger so it won't fall out). When I go in to tape it, I pop the 3-D lens over the video camera's lens, and voila, no more 3-D image.

or just buy a polarizer filter fitting your camera .. thats what I did :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom