Camcorders at WDW

gboiler1

Taking the camcorder has been a must. I've made video/DVD's of our past 3 trips. However this year when we do, since I've taped so much, I'll probably back off and just enjoy a little more!

A word of caution though, if it's hot and humid, you'll have to acclimate the camera from the a/c or it will fog and and possibly get damp inside. That's what happened to us last year. Our video camera took quite a while to "dry out".

CThaddeus

Taking the camcorder has been a must. I've made video/DVD's of our past 3 trips. However this year when we do, since I've taped so much, I'll probably back off and just enjoy a little more!

A word of caution though, if it's hot and humid, you'll have to acclimate the camera from the a/c or it will fog and and possibly get damp inside. That's what happened to us last year. Our video camera took quite a while to "dry out".

I know what you mean. My camcorder was ruined in 1996 when I took it due to just this situation. Fortunately, most of the videos I took are okay, and I can still look back on how wonderful was EPCOT was then...
On a side note, where did you get the helmet, Maccarules? I've been wanting to build something like that forever but I'm just too darned lazy.

MaccaRules

I know what you mean. My camcorder was ruined in 1996 when I took it due to just this situation. Fortunately, most of the videos I took are okay, and I can still look back on how wonderful was EPCOT was then...
On a side note, where did you get the helmet, Maccarules? I've been wanting to build something like that forever but I'm just too darned lazy.

There are quite a few out there actually, but the one I got was http://www.twenty20camera.com/helmetcamera.php
However, I ended up doing a search on the internet and found it for around $100 vs the $249.99 that they advertise here.

The only thing you have to do is make sure it's compatible with your camera http://www.twenty20camera.com/recorders.php . If it is, see if it requires a visit to Radio Shack for the connectors to your camera. The instruction manual that comes with it will give you the Radio Shack part #'s to make it really easy. It took me about 2 minutes in Radio Shack to get the cables and it was working perfectly.

Other ones don't require a connector to your existing camera, but record on their own built in media or memory cards. Reading some reviews ultimately pointed me to the one I got.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and good luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom