Camcorder worth it?

neobot85

Hi all!

Our trip to Disney is less than three weeks away, and I'm debating on whether or not to bring the camcorder. We're a young couple, and this is our second time visiting (although first time on Disney property). I always felt like the camcorder was really something you'd bring when you're going with kids since it's great to record them experiencing Disney for the first time, but I'm worried I'm going to miss out on something or not enjoy the Disney experience as much if I'm constantly recording (or even recording shows/parades).

For those of you who have gone w/o kids (and those with kids - your thoughts are definitely welcome as well!), what's your opinion? Did you find that the camcorder sort of dampened the experience a bit? I'd like this to be a romantic/fun/exciting experience, and I have a feeling recording stuff is going to ruin that.

Thoughts? :)

MouseMadness

Our trips to WDW are my kids' favorite things to watch on tv :ROFLOL: Either they are just that good at "taking us back" or my kids are completely narcissistic :lookaroun

But no kids? I'd never think to haul that thing along :shrug:

I would just as soon forget about pictures because I find them kinda boring :lol: I find watching the kids in motion, hearing them, etc. much more entertaining than posing them by whatever and making them smile :lol:

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

That's my role at Disney - videographer and photographer - and I love it. OK, so I do miss out on a bit of the experience but when we get home and the Video and Photos are sorted it really makes it worth while.

I'd never do a Disney trip without either

I don't make him do both, so he only has to do half of what you do. :lol:
I'm the photographer, so it evens out nicely. And I agree that it is so worth it. My little one calls them "disney movies", so you know when she's asking for that what she means.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom