Calling all golfers!!

steener618

One time my ball sliced horribly and landed in the treehouse villas, which was under construction at the time. The CM's working back there weren't too happy.

Then later on, I sliced again...this time towards Sarasota Springs resort. Needless to say, I need to work on straight drives. :p

DisneyLeo18

One time my ball sliced horribly and landed in the treehouse villas, which was under construction at the time. The CM's working back there weren't too happy.

Then later on, I sliced again...this time towards Sarasota Springs resort. Needless to say, I need to work on straight drives. :p

Don't we all! :ROFLOL:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Just to clarify

Tara Greens does not give a discount for Rutgers alumni. Tara Greens is a pretty cheap, low key, not very nice course. But it is a full 9 hole course. You will be able to use the driver - one of their par 5 holes is a monster in fact, more due to poor course layout than any other factor. It is a cheap course where people don't seem to mind if you take a mulligan or two (or three) as they are only paying $24 to play.

Rutgers course (maybe 15 minutes from Tara Greens) is a MUCH nicer course. It is also more expensive (but still affordable) and as far as greens fees compared to course quality is a much better bargain than Tara Greens. However to play at Rutgers you will need a tee time, and if you play slow the rangers WILL come to pay you a visit to hurry you along.

Maybe play a round at Tara Greens, and then once you are back in the groove and can play at pace, go to Rutgers for a tune up game on a nice course.

-dave

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. Now that I go back and re-read what you posted it makes sense. My brain was turned off yesterday. Also, I've heard that the Rutgers course is nice but I never got to play it. I'm definitely going to look into Tara Greens though. I don't think I can do much better than $24.

BurningSpear

i was at disney all last week (2nd-8th) and opted not to play any of the disney courses this time around for the first time in the last 8 years. disney courses are getting too expensive to be worth it anymore -- even with the vacation club golf membership i bought last year it would still be $84 after 10am and over $110 before, and i'm sorry, but none of those courses are worth that much. played Champion's Gate instead for $40 at 9am on monday and had a wonderful experience. the greens had just been top-dressed that morning and i still had a wonderful time. the service and facilities were much better than at disney, too. too many great courses in the orlando area for the same or cheaper prices (i.e. Champion's Gate, Orange County National, Falcon's Fire, etc.).

heartodisney

i was at disney all last week (2nd-8th) and opted not to play any of the disney courses this time around for the first time in the last 8 years. disney courses are getting too expensive to be worth it anymore -- even with the vacation club golf membership i bought last year it would still be $84 after 10am and over $110 before, and i'm sorry, but none of those courses are worth that much. played Champion's Gate instead for $40 at 9am on monday and had a wonderful experience. the greens had just been top-dressed that morning and i still had a wonderful time. the service and facilities were much better than at disney, too. too many great courses in the orlando area for the same or cheaper prices (i.e. Champion's Gate, Orange County National, Falcon's Fire, etc.).

Oh no doubt you can play somewhere else cheaper! I recieve flyers and mags all the time about green fees and packages. I would VERY much like to do these. It is just I have not yet played all the courses at Disney, when I do, I will try all the others when time permits. When we do visit relatives in Destin, Fl., we ALWAYS try different courses, so will it be in Orlando! Just keep us posted on courses and always try to post pics!

heartodisney

$59 to play all day at Disney courses this weekend. Making the trip down and getting at least 36 in. Will post pictures!
picture.php
Yes, pics, ot it will hit the fan! :lol: Hope you had a great weekend of golf! :wave:

zweltar

My brother and I played a round down there a few years ago. I shanked a drive into a construction site by OKW. Not only did the workers laugh about it, but they picked up my ball and threw it back onto the fairway, farther ahead than where I had hit it. :D

heartodisney

My brother and I played a round down there a few years ago. I shanked a drive into a construction site by OKW. Not only did the workers laugh about it, but they picked up my ball and threw it back onto the fairway, farther ahead than where I had hit it. :D

:lol: Course management.....:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom