Call us crazy

Cinderellaluver

Me and my friends came up with this idea to all take a trip to Disney World!! I know we must be crazy right being only 13 but we figure with some hard work over the summer we can make it happen by Spring Break next Year (March 6-15th)

We were wondering if you had any tips or ways to make money over the summer for us.

Also would Spring Break be a good time to go or would it be too crowded??

yankspy

Perhaps many of us are getting, how shall I put this, old. Kids can make a lot of money these days. They can surely make enough money to go to WDW with a little hard work. BTW, babysitters make ten to fifteen dollars an hour these days. How about a paper route. I remember making about forty dollars a week doing that and that was a long time ago.:wave:

Upvote 0
Well, it was INDIRECTLY directed towards you. All you young uns talking about raising the money to go to WDW (and you talking about going for your break in your senior year), just reminded me of my senior trip to WDW, and the trouble that was gotten into, so when you said you were considering going with your friends, it just made me think "yeah, I'd much rather have my daughter go with a few friends that I trust over a big crazy senior trip." Certainly wasn't intended to slight you at all, just one thought morphing into another, that's all.

Thanks for clarifying. :D

Upvote 0

Lucky

Me and my friends came up with this idea to all take a trip to Disney World!! I know we must be crazy right being only 13 but we figure with some hard work over the summer we can make it happen by Spring Break next Year (March 6-15th)

We were wondering if you had any tips or ways to make money over the summer for us.

Also would Spring Break be a good time to go or would it be too crowded??
Yes, definitely go during spring break, and tell all of your friends to go then too.

Upvote 0

teej

I think you can do it...If you do any job that is offered to you and save every penny...Don't spend your money on anything else but Disney...It is true...Every penny counts.
Be a rock to your friends also and keep them excited about going...If you remain excited then you will all most likely stick to it.
Find out how much it will cost and plan how you will save.
Make a chart.
Total the amount you need and divide it by the weeks you have to save.
Every week you will see the total going up and up.
Cross things off as you go..ie...Park tickets...hotel etc so you know how much closer you are getting.
Keep at it..you can do it if you really really want to.

Upvote 0

Cinderellaluver

Original Poster
Like everyone has said...Yea it will be hard and we will have to commit but it isn't impossible.

I have another question..Do you guys have any ideas on stuff I could do with my friends do keep them excited. Like a daily fact or a countdown???

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Depending on how high their enthusiasm is now, you dont want to jinx it by reminding 'em TOO much. :)

I'd recommend buying some Disney planning books (there I go, spending your money before you even make it). You'll probably want to make some meal reservations, or think about which parks you'll want to visit on which days, or which resorts you want to stay at, and the books will give yuou some helpful advice in those matters. To that end, you might want to go on the Disney website and order their planning DVDs. They always seem to whet people's appetite for a trip (that is why they're made after all). All of this will also help you determine how much $$$ you'll need to raise in the first place

Rather than a daily countdown, I'd suggest you all decide on "target dates" to get the money together for the trip. Maybe once a month, you'll each put together 10% of your share of the trip, and either give it to the parents who are chaperoning, or set up some kind of account. And in 10 months, you'll have the money you need for the main compnents of the trip, and then you just have to worry about spending money.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom