California Adventure vs Universal Studios Hollywood

Which is the better park?

• Total voters

DLR92

DCA has too much fillers, dead spots, and not enough solid attractions to really want me to
decide can I opt either park for a day? I’ll always pick Disneyland over DCA. I’ll pick Disneyland over USH.

But DCA vs USH or Seaworld? I can opt for the ladder. Disney has not broke the potential with DCA after Carsland. Actually with Pixar Pier and Additions of Avenger Campus. DCA is definitely the ugly child that not that ALL interesting compared to next door is the bright, full of personality park.

Professortango1

Ush is just not a great park for me. that's just how I feel. Nintendoworld is nice but only one ride and mk is meh at best imo. Jurassic flume is cool but not as good as fl. Hp land is neat but ride makes me sick. Mummy is cool. Pets is cool. Transformers, Simpsons, minions, Madagascar stuff is a no for me. Tram and Waterworld is awesome though.

Hopefully fnf coaster is rad and I'm sure it will be.

Also as far as dca, I like Pixar Pier even though some on here don't. 10 rides for all ages, a great nighttime show, bunch of food options, games, kinetic energy....I always like strolling around PP. And I'm also looking forward to avengers campus phase 2!
Pixar Pier doesn't have a nighttime show. If you try and watch WOC from PP, you are behind it.

And I wouldn't call WOC "great." Bellagio fountains are cool, but it's background entertainment, not something I'd queue up for.

PiratesMansion

Nobody is giving it to DCA FOR that reason. He described Disneyland as being an extra perk. Why are you being deliberately obtuse? We have explained why we prefer DCA in great detail and it had nothing to do with Disneyland.
At least one person in this said has clearly said it's PART of the equation, so I'm not sure why you are being hostile that I am echoing what at least one person has directly said and is almost certainly part of the equation for many others, whether they state it or not.

It's always fun how when you share an opinion, you are always 100% right and correct, but when others share different opinions, they're being deliberately obtuse. Please. No one has time for that. Are other people being deliberately stupid to, or just me? There are SO many better things to do than make up BS about one theme park being better than another.
When everyone talks about DCA’s problems it’s because they re comparing it to Disneyland or because they re lamenting its downward trend. Doesn’t mean it’s still not a much better park than USH. Is this really that hard to understand? Based on your posting history it shouldn’t be. So I’m sensing some real anger with Disney for what they did to DCA the last 7 years which is prohibiting you from being fair and reasonable here.
Oh sorry, am I not allowed to feel that DCA is less good of a park than USH? I have my opinions. I don't care if you don't agree with them, but you need not be hostile that they're different. Again, it's very convenient that everyone who said DCA in the poll is apparently perfectly reasonable and rationale, and everyone saying USH must be crazy or deliberately trolling everyone else. It's a stupid poll on the internet. Who cares?
Lol. You guys are really grasping for straws here.
Again, some people really do have different opinions than you. It's fine.

mickEblu

At least one person in this said has clearly said it's PART of the equation, so I'm not sure why you are being hostile that I am echoing what at least one person has directly said and is almost certainly part of the equation for many others, whether they state it or not.

It's always fun how when you share an opinion, you are always 100% right and correct, but when others share different opinions, they're being deliberately obtuse. Please. No one has time for that. Are other people being deliberately stupid to, or just me? There are SO many better things to do than make up BS about one theme park being better than another.

Oh sorry, am I not allowed to feel that DCA is less good of a park than USH? I have my opinions. I don't care if you don't agree with them, but you need not be hostile that they're different. Again, it's very convenient that everyone who said DCA in the poll is apparently perfectly reasonable and rationale, and everyone saying USH must be crazy or deliberately trolling everyone else. It's a stupid poll on the internet. Who cares?

Again, some people really do have different opinions than you. It's fine.

Hostile? Yikes.

Well you weren’t quoting that person. And yes you are being deliberately obtuse when you say this as if you don’t know exactly why it’s the case…

Just think it's interesting how DCA has all of these problems that everyone acknowledges, but compare it to another park and suddenly it's this amazing wonderland that everyone loves.

Unless perhaps I’m giving you too much credit and you don’t understand the different concepts of lamenting the direction of DCA/ DCA living in DLs shadow vs comparing DCA and USH. Talk about embellishing and taking things out of context.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Just kind of a fact. Pixar Pier is from the bridge to the helix. After that its some other weird quasi land with SSS, JJ, GFS, and VOTLM. The non-Pixar attractions.

Grasping at straws would be pointing out that the Fun Wheel has Mickey's face on it despite being an attraction in Pixar Pier.

Paradise Pier wrapped all the way around the bay until they renamed that portion Paradise Gardens Park because Goofy and Mermaid wouldn’t make sense in Pixar Pier. So sounds like you want to get really technical. Technically the actual pier/ bridge at the entrance of the land is Pixar Pier and you can see the show from there.

But also, this…

F33565F2-3DFE-4CEF-90D1-CEB2849506AF.jpeg

Last edited:

Professortango1

Paradise Pier wrapped all the way around the bay until they renamed that portion Paradise Gardens Park because Goofy and Mermaid wouldn’t make sense in Pixar Pier. So sounds like you want to get really technical. Technically the actual pier/ bridge at the entrance of the land is Pixar Pier and you can see the show from there.

But also, this…

View attachment 754809
I'm aware of when it changed. It was a faulty design made worse by Pixar Pier. Which is pretty much the narrative of Pixar Pier, it took a thing which was clumsy and make it worse.

And do they let you watch the show from the bridge? I always thought they had crowds keep moving on the walkway.

mickEblu

I'm aware of when it changed. It was a faulty design made worse by Pixar Pier. Which is pretty much the narrative of Pixar Pier, it took a thing which was clumsy and make it worse.

And do they let you watch the show from the bridge? I always thought they had crowds keep moving on the walkway.

4EA93F3E-A9A8-4889-BF41-14E3D4EA161B.png

mickEblu

Your enlarged low resolution image just shows what I said. Pixar Pier is located behind World of Color. The show is designed to be viewed from the viewing area constructed across the bay. Glad you understand.

No you said Pixar Pier doesn't have a nighttime show. Try again. And trying to insinuate that it’s not part of Pixar Pier because “you can’t view it “ from Pixar Pier is like I said before… grasping for straws.

Professortango1

No you said Pixar Pier doesn't have a nighttime show. Try again. And trying to insinuate that it’s not part of Pixar Pier because “you can’t view it “ from Pixar Pier is like I said before… grasping for straws.
Pixar Pier doesn't have a nighttime show. You said it yourself. Paradise Gardens has WOC, not Pixar Pier.

Galaxy's Edge doesn't have a fireworks show even if I can see the obscured fireworks from the land.

mickEblu

My dude. The intended viewing area is in front of Little Mermaid, yes?

THEREFORE, it is not in Pixar Pier! It is in Paradise Garden Park.

Lol. He said Pixar Pier doesn’t have a show. The show is located on Pixar Pier on the map. That means Pixar Pier has a show. If I watch it from my balcony at the Grand Californian does the Grand Californian get the credit? Just wondering?

PiratesMansion

Lol. He said Pixar Pier doesn’t have a show. The show is located on Pixar Pier on the map. That means Pixar Pier has a show. If watch it from my balcony at the Grand Californian does the Grand Californian get the credit? Just wondering?
You said yourself that the area in front of Little Mermaid is Paradise Garden Park because it wouldn't make sense for them to be part of Pixar Pier.

THAT is where you watch World of Color. NOT Pixar Pier.

Now you are ACTUALLY being obtuse.

mickEblu

You said yourself that the area in front of Little Mermaid is Paradise Garden Park because it wouldn't make sense for them to be part of Pixar Pier.

THAT is where you watch World of Color. NOT Pixar Pier.

Now you are ACTUALLY being obtuse.

Welcome to my World.

But no I’m not. WOC is located on Pixar Pier on the map so it gets the credit for the show. It takes place on the bay/ water that is part of Pixar Pier. The viewing area is irrelevant. Paradise Gardens Park is basically the food court and just added to the map to include Goofy and Mermaid because they re not Pixar. It’s on the map dude. There’s nothing to talk about. Did you not like my Grand Californian comparison?

PiratesMansion

Welcome to my World.

But no I’m not. WOC is located on Pixar Pier on the map so it gets the credit for the show. It takes place on the bay/ water that is part of Pixar Pier. The viewing area is irrelevant. Paradise Gardens Park is basically the food court and just added to the map to include Goofy and Mermaid because they re not Pixar. It’s on the map dude. There’s nothing to talk about. Did you not like my Grand Californian comparison?
I had no idea you had never seen World of Color before.

Given that you don't seem to know where the viewing area is, and that it is in fact in a different area than Pixar Pier, it is only safe to assume that you have somehow missed out on this iconic piece of DCA entertainment. Which perhaps means that you shouldn't be inherently counting it as a DCA win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom