Cake castle....

Captain Hank

It was a great addition. I was very impressed by it.
Remember, it wasnt a permanent change, and it was all about Disney going the extra mile to mark a milestone. Something which I think they did a very good job of.

A lot of people will complain that Disney dont do enough, and when they do somethign above and beyond, they get told it was horrible.

All people wont like all things that Disney do, but sometimes you need to appreciate that they are making efforts to do things.
Generally, I agree. But, it was just so...so...PINK. It was a cool decision to turn it into a cake, but...PINK? *shudders*

head mouse

Wow. A thread about the pepto cake overlay without pics???

We can't have that.

Sickening. Worst-overly-ever. (DL's NMBC is the 2nd worst)

Castle%20Cake.jpg

SewIn2Disney

If you could post the pictures of the transaction period, that would be great! I for one always have and always will love the castle cake.

fyn

That thing? Ew.

I was looking at some pictures of the WDW cake castle abomination online....yuk! :confused:

How exactly did they do that? It almost looked like some type of inflatable skin that set on top of the original design. Or was it a solid facade? Anyone know? :shrug:

Thanks

Way to bring up a painful memory:cry::lol:

ImaYoyo

DisneyMusician2

At least as a temporary decoration (as the wand should have been), the cake castle was cool. If it was permanent, we would have had to stage a riot or March on the MK. But a quick retheming for a real celebration is never a bad thing.

Courtney488

I was twelve when my family went during the 25th Celebration, and, as a twelve year old, I thought the castle looked awesome. Now that I'm older, it's more tacky than magical, but as a child, seeing a castle cake (I knew it was not a real cake) that large was pretty magical. If I were younger, I'm sure it would have been even cooler.

Let's not forget about the younger WDW audience. Their reactions are a big part (I would argue the most important part) of WDW.

I completely agree...I went twice when the castle was like this, and I was only 7 the first time and 8 the second time. Those were my first two trips to Disney World and I just thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen in my life.

jedimaster1227

it was all about Disney going the extra mile to mark a milestone. Something which I think they did a very good job of.

A lot of people will complain that Disney dont do enough, and when they do somethign above and beyond, they get told it was horrible.

This is why they aren't making Spaceship Earth look like a cupcake for its 25th anniversary... :rolleyes:

Scooter

Knowing it was only temporary, I didn't mind the cake/castle.

If you walk around to the back of the castle, by the water/moat, you can still see some of the pink in the bricks from the castle cake. They must have missed it when they repainted it.

ErickainPA

I was there when it was the castle cake, was my first trip ever. I thought it looked kinda cool. Made it feel like a celebration was happening all around you.

And actually I don't mind the wand either. I am pretty use to seeing it on there now, identifies the park, without it looks like a giant golf ball

DisneyChik17

The first time I went to WDW the castle was the cake. I was so excited to be there on WDW's birthday. I loved the cake even though I hated pink. I honestly think you have to take all of these things in context. Everyone would be mad if WDW's 25th wasn't celebrated in an over the top way, but they also weren't happy with how it was celebrated. You really can't use that double standard. It's not fair to the parks and the people behind them.

head mouse

Do you all know how many people that did wedding's in the pavilion over by GF were upset that they had a "ugly pink "THING" in their pics. In fact the pavilion has a window the shows the castle and is use for pictures. they had to cover that window for alot of wedding to not have the pepto cake in the pic.

And actually I don't mind the wand either. I am pretty use to seeing it on there now, identifies the park, without it looks like a giant golf ball

Kinda off topic, but since you brought it up...

The wand is tacky. it takes away from the beauty that is SSE. And please don't call it a "giant golf ball" That's so disrespectful. It is a wonderful masterpiece of architectural work. How would you feel if you put your heart, soul, blood, sweat, & tears into something grand and people just called it a giant golf ball.

I feel that EPCOT did not need a sign. SSE IS the sign of EPCOT. People saw the sphere and knew where they were. It is more recognized around the word then the castle.

Apparently even some of Disney didn't like it. they seemed to edit it out of a lot of their planner videos. Or use camera angels to make sure it didn't show.

Jessie&Buzz

We were there on our honeymoon when it was the cake. I liked it too. My poor hubby didn't see the real castle until years later. He said that he liked the cake but really wanted to see the castle in it's original way.

David

1997 was our first trip to WDW so of course my first time to see the castle. I've always thought it was kinda neat, knowing that it was just temporary and would be changed back to the original. It was just part of the celebration and added to the atmosphere. After all, what's a birthday without a cake?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom