Cake Bake Shop Madness

Mark48

Original Poster
Is the Disney company so inept that they cant even have a cake shop built in under 1 year ? I understand the complexity of taking 5 years to build an extremely complex attraction such as Journey of water ( Takes years to pour out the water and see where it goes ) but I draw the line at delaying the Cake Bake Shop at Boardwalk. Thoughts please?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Is the Disney company so inept that they cant even have a cake shop built in under 1 year ? I understand the complexity of taking 5 years to build an extremely complex attraction such as Journey of water ( Takes years to pour out the water and see where it goes ) but I draw the line at delaying the Cake Bake Shop at Boardwalk. Thoughts please?
The cake shop is building it not Disney. Disney just collects the rent

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It’s a third party operator, very much like tenants at Disney Springs. For whatever reason they are choosing to slow play it.

Weather_Lady

It’s a third party operator, very much like tenants at Disney Springs. For whatever reason they are choosing to slow play it.
If you know, is the third party responsible for construction, or is this a "build to suit" situation where Disney is in charge of that part of things?

eliza61nyc

There are delays

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
When people go on unhinged rants without knowing what they’re talking about
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Stitchon

Is Disney fine it’s taking this long for a vendor to develop this property?

Typically a tenant starts paying rent the moment they take possession of their space to start construction, so they've been paying rent the entire time unless they worked out some sort of deal. They must have a lot of cash to burn.

Prince-1

Giant sports bar with games, appetizers and beer :D vs. cake and tea. :arghh: No contest.

ESPN was trash IMHO and this is a full service restaurant and not just dessert. Friends ate at the original location and loved it so time will tell if this is good or not.

ToTBellHop

Typically a tenant starts paying rent the moment they take possession of their space to start construction, so they've been paying rent the entire time unless they worked out some sort of deal. They must have a lot of cash to burn.
I mean they sell $15 slices of vanilla cake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom