Cajun Food

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Does the Port Orleans have a Cajun place. I love it and there isn't ANY here in Columbus. So I was wondering if we could get some on vacation at WDW?

LuLaSue

House of Blues in Downtown Disney has cajun food. I have never eaten there but its worth a shot. I do not think POR has a cajun restaurant.

Minnie01

The only "cajun" food I remember is the mufaletta and the chicken jambalaya at the food court. Of course they have beignets for dessert too! Yum!

slappy magoo

Just looked at their menus and aside from jambalaya at Boatwrights & the Sassagoula food court, there doesn't seem to be anything particularly cajun-y about Port Orleans food. I wouldn't be suprised if they made things a little bit spicier, but still bland enough to not frighten the masses.

Should they serve cajun or creole? There IS a difference!

Brings up the question: what is American food?

Maybe we've hit upon the reason they only serve hamburgers and chicken strips in the American pavilion! Are those most representative of our national food? I'm not sure what to think if they are.

KrazyKowboy

Brings up the question: what is American food?

Maybe we've hit upon the reason they only serve hamburgers and chicken strips in the American pavilion! Are those most representative of our national food? I'm not sure what to think if they are.

I too think American pavilion could do better than hamburgers and chicken strips as representative of American Food. Maybe they should venture over to Liberty Tree Tavern for an example.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Debbie

Does the Port Orleans have a Cajun place. I love it and there isn't ANY here in Columbus. So I was wondering if we could get some on vacation at WDW?

If you are really interested in Cajun food; try going to Zatarain's web site. Their jambalaya is good and the rest of their offerings are very close to what we cook down here. Also, a mainstay here is Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning. It's in our food like some folks put salt & pepper. For the best gumbo go to Mam Papouls web site. Just add chicken or shrimp.
If you really like Cajun food; you don't have to wait to go to WDW; these days, it's at the click of your fingertips!

Irrawaddy Erik

If you are really interested in Cajun food; try going to Zatarain's web site. Their jambalaya is good and the rest of their offerings are very close to what we cook down here. Also, a mainstay here is Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning. It's in our food like some folks put salt & pepper. For the best gumbo go to Mam Papouls web site. Just add chicken or shrimp.
If you really like Cajun food; you don't have to wait to go to WDW; these days, it's at the click of your fingertips!
I just sent a box of Mam Papouls to a friend in California. :slurp:

JimboJones123

Original Poster

I can't make a Hamburger w/o Tony's

davinakb

I can't make a Hamburger w/o Tony's
I was born in New Orleans, and other than dessert, there's not much I DON'T make with Tony's! HoB is probably the best bet at WDW.

And agree about the America pavillion during F&W festival. I've always thought there should be a nice range of items: Cajun/Creole, Texas vs. Low Country BBQ, etc. Every year it's New England Crab Cakes or some such. And while I get the idea of a Florida (shrimp) booth, it'd be cool to see them add another state or two each year. I am sure the states' convention/tourism boards would get behind it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom