Cabins at FW sales thread

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yes, amazingly low. I am sure we will book it at some point, especially if we ever drive and bring the dog, something I have talked about doing for years but have never done.
I forgot that they allow dogs there. Might consider bringing ours for a short stay, since it would be mostly a resort stay and not a lot of park visits.

Disstevefan1

Just curious what you don't like about the layout. I thought it looked like a modest improvement over the old (enlarging the bathroom and adding an extra sink outside it, adding back a full-sized conventional oven, replacing a fold-out sofa with a Murphy bed in the living area, rotating the bedroom layout so that there's space to access the queen bed from both sides) but I'm sure I'm missing something.

I _do_ wish the theming was more literal and rustic: the furniture, decor, and color scheme veers further away from "American wilderness cabin," and more toward "Scandinavian glamping," than I'd like. There's absolutely nothing about the interior that suggests pioneer days, or the American frontier.

Here are the layouts of both, to make discussion easier. Image credit for the first, "Old Cabin" drawing to yourfirstvisit.net:

Former Cabin Layout:
View attachment 766447

Redesigned cabin layout:
View attachment 766448

Is the square footage the same between the new and old?

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
A couple more things I noticed from the walk-thru video from ResortTV1 .

It seems like you risk hitting your head off the edge of the TV if you get out of the Murphy bed on the wall side, not much clearance there.

Plus the TV is on the same wall as the bunk beds, so if you have kids in bed and have the TV on then the kids will be disturbed. And of course you can’t sit on the couch and watch TV - it’s at 90 degrees and too high. I guess they expect you to sit at the table to watch.

Andrew25

I wonder why WDW hasn't offered glamping units that are more "in-theme" than these cabins? Is it just cause they know they can get away with the bare minimum?

I think the ol' River Country/Reflections site offering a large assortment of glamping units will be better than another holiday inn.

BaymaxFan

Is the square footage the same between the new and old?
Yes

A couple more things I noticed from the walk-thru video from ResortTV1 .

It seems like you risk hitting your head off the edge of the TV if you get out of the Murphy bed on the wall side, not much clearance there.

Plus the TV is on the same wall as the bunk beds, so if you have kids in bed and have the TV on then the kids will be disturbed. And of course you can’t sit on the couch and watch TV - it’s at 90 degrees and too high. I guess they expect you to sit at the table to watch.
It's such a weird and poorly thought out layout. I can't believe imagineering is behind this.

I wonder why WDW hasn't offered glamping units that are more "in-theme" than these cabins? Is it just cause they know they can get away with the bare minimum?

I think the ol' River Country/Reflections site offering a large assortment of glamping units will be better than another holiday inn.
It's the new style for some reason. Bare minimum that looks like a marriott or hilton. The hotels by Disney Springs are more themed than these cabins.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster

RememberWhen

The latest sales figures are out, for April.

OKW sold double the amount of points than the cabins. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Riviera 71,630
Villas at DLH 20,517
Old Key West 12,605
Cabins at FW. 6,726

Oof.

Big_Shakalaka

The latest sales figures are out, for April.

OKW sold double the amount of points than the cabins. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Riviera 71,630
Villas at DLH 20,517
Old Key West 12,605
Cabins at FW. 6,726

Oh my. That's really sad that a resort whose contract expires in 18 years is selling nearly double of a new resort.

Virtual Toad

This is what happens when you stray from the brand. The current crop of decision makers is either completely out of touch with reality or just doesn't give a darn. Or both.

Joysea

Where are the DVC amenities? They need a beautiful pool and clubhouse and restaurant and other things. They don’t even have a model available. The cabins could have been a home run for DVC but instead they are letting it flop and that’s massively disappointing.

BaymaxFan

Just curious. If cabin sales never take off and do very poorly... what happens? Can Disney step back and ditch the DVC idea? Is it too late?

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just curious. If cabin sales never take off and do very poorly... what happens? Can Disney step back and ditch the DVC idea? Is it too late?
They declare batches of cabins into DVC as they sell points. They started with 33 (?) and have added another 30 or so. Those would remain as DVC.
If they don’t declare any more then Disney owns them and can book them for cash like the old cabins.

freediverdude

Don't forget some of the other resorts also expire in 2042. I believe Boardwalk and Beach Club Villas are among those. They only have 18 years left, and still selling for premium pricing, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom