Cabins at FW sales thread

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't think you will find one for that price now just looked $1000 and up --you are correct pass the cost on to buyers
Wow!
Just looked at Comet, one of the UK’s main stores for white goods. £380 for a medium load machine. But I know they’re more popular over here than in the US.

donaldtoo

They definitely have more of a Mid-Century Modern flair to them than that of a wilderness cabin. Even the color palette in the posted pic doesn’t suggest wilderness, to me anyway.
Also, even a stacked W/D unit doesn’t take up much space.
I see what looks like dead space next to the tub/shwr. on each plan, but that may have something to do with HVAC.

Or, to “plus” the experience, just do your laundry like Granny did…!!!!! :hilarious:

47368935-22DC-4032-9B2B-B82A786AF006.jpeg

BaymaxFan

Wanted to add to the layout conversation. The bathroom being on the opposite end of the cabin is a killer for many. If you're staying in the bedroom, and have people sleeping in the living room, you're probably going to wake them up while going to the bathroom. The current layout is so much better in that aspect. Another weird thing is the AC. There is a unit with two vents it seems, one in the bathroom and one above the kitchen, and that's all you get for the main area. The bedroom has a seperate wall unit? It's very weird. Also no exterior door for the bedroom. Again, a convenience to not wake up whoever is sleeping in the living area, if you wanted to sit on the deck early morning. And there is very little storage space for clothing. A few small drawers in the bedroom with a small closet type thing, and absolutely nothing in the living room besides a footstool that can be opened.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Wanted to add to the layout conversation. The bathroom being on the opposite end of the cabin is a killer for many. If you're staying in the bedroom, and have people sleeping in the living room, you're probably going to wake them up while going to the bathroom. The current layout is so much better in that aspect. Another weird thing is the AC. There is a unit with two vents it seems, one in the bathroom and one above the kitchen, and that's all you get for the main area. The bedroom has a seperate wall unit? It's very weird. Also no exterior door for the bedroom. Again, a convenience to not wake up whoever is sleeping in the living area, if you wanted to sit on the deck early morning. And there is very little storage space for clothing. A few small drawers in the bedroom with a small closet type thing, and absolutely nothing in the living room besides a footstool that can be opened.

I don't love the design either. They could have kept the bathroom where it is now by simply removing the second the vanity over. I'd bet 9/10 would take a bathroom closer to bedroom with one total vanity over the new cabin design.

On air conditioning it should be fine. I watched the shared video and only looked in the bedroom. It looks like a "mini split" system and those are pretty efficient and great for the space.

Club Cooloholic

Rumor is the cabins are not selling well at all.
In Februbary and March, the cabins sold 19,485 points. In the month of March alone, Riviera sold 72,275 points.

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...cannot-stave-off-slow-march-2024-direct-sales
They really should have had a private DVC pool added to this, maybe a separate check in with a clubhouse or something. As it is you are buying into staying at a campground. The property is huge. I half thought about booking it on a split stay until I saw no wash/dryer and how far from facilities you might be.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
They really should have had a private DVC pool added to this, maybe a separate check in with a clubhouse or something. As it is you are buying into staying at a campground. The property is huge. I half thought about booking it on a split stay until I saw no wash/dryer and how far from facilities you might be.

The cabins area has a pool although there's nothing really special about it. I agree that it'd be great to have some amenities for DVC, and upon the initiatial announcement I feel like we were told there would be more and that DVC has underdelivered.

The existing check in area works well. It's also right where golf cart rentals are picked up. Imo, this part works well and anything duplicative would only make ridiculous maintenance fees even worse.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a few questions:.
Does every loop have a laundry?
How long are the cabin loops?
How far away could you be from a bus stop?

Club Cooloholic

The cabins area has a pool although there's nothing really special about it. I agree that it'd be great to have some amenities for DVC, and upon the initiatial announcement I feel like we were told there would be more and that DVC has underdelivered.

The existing check in area works well. It's also right where golf cart rentals are picked up. Imo, this part works well and anything duplicative would only make ridiculous maintenance fees even worse.
Why are the maintenance fees so darn high anyway?

BaymaxFan

I have a few questions:.
Does every loop have a laundry?
How long are the cabin loops?
How far away could you be from a bus stop?
No, only one laundry area for all of the cabins, located next to the Wilderness pool (the "quiet" pool located with the cabins).
Depends. Some are small with only around 30 cabins while others have almost 80.
Not too far. Each loop has a bus stop within 200 feet of it's entrance.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
DW and I have stayed in the older cabins, and would probably book a short stay here when we won't need to do laundry. We would never consider it for more than just the 2 of us either, but the points are low, so a bonus there.

Club Cooloholic

DW and I have stayed in the older cabins, and would probably book a short stay here when we won't need to do laundry. We would never consider it for more than just the 2 of us either, but the points are low, so a bonus there.
Yes, amazingly low. I am sure we will book it at some point, especially if we ever drive and bring the dog, something I have talked about doing for years but have never done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom