Trip Report C’mon Everybody, Here We Go….*COMPLETED*

Think of all the joy you’ll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye!

Ahh, a relaxing getaway from reality. No cares or concerns. Just bliss.

Not exactly a perfect picture of vacationing at Walt Disney World during Spring Break, is it?

But we’re going anyway. We’re Spring Break Veterans and it’s time for the annual reunion.

Two years ago we missed out on our usual adventure thanks to Covid. The stay-at-home vacation just wasn’t the same! (Although you can read about it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-“no-trip”-trip-report-completed.964173/)

Last year we were able to return, albeit under Covid protocols. We believed that enduring masks 24/7, plexiglass and vinyl dividers on attractions, mobile order Door Nazis and limited shopping/dining/entertainment would be acceptable in exchange for the very low crowds that we’d experienced on earlier pandemic trips. But the parks were packed and we ended up spending a lot of time at the pool (which wasn’t a bad thing. We’re pool people.)

Now that park capacity has increased and nearly all Covid restrictions are gone, we expect to find the shoulder-to-shoulder spring break crowds of yore. And long lines. So we’re packing our patience and “It is what it is” attitudes.

Because in spite of all the negatives WDW is still our happy place.

We can’t wait.

60EFA200-96A8-450F-994E-B3B9C3BD6048.jpeg

Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: April 3-9, 2022
Where: Our favorite moderate resort

My plan is to go live upon our departure. Fingers crossed that Disney WiFi will be my friend.

Speaking of friends, we hope to meet up with a few. You’ll have to follow along to see if we do.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We popped in here first.

1654607281801.jpeg

Why did they remove Mickey’s from the name of this store? And why are the letters S in Star and T in Traders not capitalized?

In protest we bought nothing. :joyfull:

The park was quite crowded but thus far our touring plan worked. After a short ten minutes we were on the highway in the sky.

C0E9DA2B-3490-40E9-A3A9-739EFA5F3C56.jpeg

Whoops, that’s the monorail. What, then, is the Peoplemover? The elevated train?

Savvy readers know that the Peoplemover is the MPB 2.0. 😉

Since our last “bird’s eye view of Tomorrowland” on Tuesday, the concrete covering for the train tunnel through Tron (say that three times fast!) had been installed.

4CED86F4-6277-4386-94C0-E6454BCAAAD4.jpeg

24E9D89C-6C52-431A-AED5-1037F2EDA471.jpeg

THIS RIDE HAS STOPPED.

92356DA5-E2BE-4668-957F-A5088AC69758.jpeg

It did resume moving in time for us to complete attraction 3 ✅ before the end of hour 2.

lindawdw

I finally got all caught up with your last few updates! We felt the same way about Space 220 although we were able to snag a reservation by doing a walk up at 10:30 am and were told to go directly to the inside check-in desk when our 12:00 pm reservation opened up which allowed us to bypass that long wait outside in the hot sun! We did have the fixed price lunch which was just OK. When we left, I said to my DH that it was a one and done for me! I cannot get over the fact that the Kona Cafe did not have a working blender!!! I truly love that view you had from your balcony this trip! I think we have all experienced those loud families with out-of-control kids while on lines at WDW and I probably would have done the same move that you did at IASW! I prefer the old version of the banner on HM PP! I did not notice the new star trader sign, but it does seem odd that they removed Mickey's name and changed it to all lower cap. :oops:

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I prefer the old version of the banner on HM PP!
Agree on the OG HM photo
I prefer the b&w border. 👍🏻👍🏻
I’m not sure if it is only the border that makes the picture creepier - in the first photo you and Woody are in black and white and the second one you are in color. I think the black and white fits the theme better.
I prefer the b/w border. :)
YES! OG!

I would agree, it's creepier and just more classic.

People Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
As for the store's letters all in lowercase, they're trying to be modern with their signage. Not a fan. Glad you bought nothing. :joyfull:
ice hockey sport GIF by NHL

I wonder why Jungle Cruise is so popular all of a sudden…is it because of the movie? I remember Adventureland being empty at Rope Drop in years past.
Although not the movie per se, I think it’s the new props that have been added because of the movie. And curious folks who want to see the changes.

I also read that due to the staff shortage, fewer boats cruise now.

Let’s not forget LL either….

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

It wouldn’t be a Tuvalu family vacation without a meal at Pecos Bill.

It’s not that we enjoy how crowded the restaurant can be (and the difficulty in finding a table.) Or how slow the workers typically are behind the counter (although mobile order has helped some.)

Or the fact that the toppings bar may never reopen.

7FDC2085-00AD-4DC4-944E-E7CED5F3195C.jpeg

Truth is the food is surprisingly good. And there are more options for us to choose from than at other quick service places. So we are PBRs.

Pecos Bill Regulars.

We mobile ordered. I picked the taco trio so I could try all three meats, since I can never remember which one I like best. My assessment: pork too spicy, ground beef good, chicken excellent. Woody had the pork carnitas rice bowl - he has no issues with spicy food.

(Confidential to @TrolleyFollower91 - we forgot the donut holes! A mistake you and I will not be making next visit.)

All the tables in both dining rooms were taken.

But we knew a hack.

5669A79C-22C2-4FA5-AF90-39AAE448116C.jpeg

30204C97-8E48-419A-A719-C926836D7889.jpeg

Only us and one other family. We ate lunch in quiet, non-chaotic bliss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom