Trip Report C’mon Everybody, Here We Go….*COMPLETED*

Think of all the joy you’ll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye!

Ahh, a relaxing getaway from reality. No cares or concerns. Just bliss.

Not exactly a perfect picture of vacationing at Walt Disney World during Spring Break, is it?

But we’re going anyway. We’re Spring Break Veterans and it’s time for the annual reunion.

Two years ago we missed out on our usual adventure thanks to Covid. The stay-at-home vacation just wasn’t the same! (Although you can read about it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-“no-trip”-trip-report-completed.964173/)

Last year we were able to return, albeit under Covid protocols. We believed that enduring masks 24/7, plexiglass and vinyl dividers on attractions, mobile order Door Nazis and limited shopping/dining/entertainment would be acceptable in exchange for the very low crowds that we’d experienced on earlier pandemic trips. But the parks were packed and we ended up spending a lot of time at the pool (which wasn’t a bad thing. We’re pool people.)

Now that park capacity has increased and nearly all Covid restrictions are gone, we expect to find the shoulder-to-shoulder spring break crowds of yore. And long lines. So we’re packing our patience and “It is what it is” attitudes.

Because in spite of all the negatives WDW is still our happy place.

We can’t wait.

60EFA200-96A8-450F-994E-B3B9C3BD6048.jpeg

Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: April 3-9, 2022
Where: Our favorite moderate resort

My plan is to go live upon our departure. Fingers crossed that Disney WiFi will be my friend.

Speaking of friends, we hope to meet up with a few. You’ll have to follow along to see if we do.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

Woody wanted some pool time. Who am I to say no?

We did have to wait for a mattress removal. Not sure I want to know the story behind that.

FADCEED6-D280-47C5-AA5A-8FDC7380A447.jpeg

It was a picture-perfect afternoon. We spent a couple hours lounging in the cool pool water and I couldn’t have been happier.

Then we sat outside and watched others having fun in the main pool. We were sure spoiled with our room view this week!

22F85BE4-EA3F-4F86-BA06-DEECC6C1A512.jpeg

03D96A90-3AB6-4C7C-9009-9FCC3B527054.jpeg

Our original evening plan was to visit Epcot. Ambrosia was the Garden Rocks concert band and I thought it would be an entertaining trip down memory lane for us. Also I was hoping to meet @cgersic, as we’d been trying to connect.

However there were two strikes against this plan. The first, of course, was the cold I battled. The second was the weather forecast. It was not predicted to be a picture-perfect night. The chance for thunderstorms was high. We did not want to risk being at the America Gardens Theater when the skies opened up. It’s a long walk back to the buses!

I opened the app to search dinner options. I really didn’t want another turkey sandwich tonight.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

We boarded our last boat of the trip. The weather was still pretty.

B2187D99-2DA6-44E0-A9A0-A3E3274D0A02.jpeg

Recognize these doors?

6781A177-45DF-4467-AAFC-F779FF2CEF5C.jpeg

Dinner was at The Plaza. I was happy to see the return of paper menus here too.

C815B2F9-3E5C-4970-A6CA-0CDB43D023FC.jpeg
8FEF437D-B8BF-4F18-9284-2B002113F4B1.jpeg

Huh. Thought I had taken a picture of the food offerings. Blame my cold.

Woody and I were seated in our favorite little room and Wei was our server!

734FD156-B04C-4692-B48F-FEAD175FF6A1.jpeg

Wei knew exactly how I wanted my chocolate shake….extra thick.

3F4F0DA7-1BDB-43B8-AF18-CDA0B9AFDA77.jpeg

It was amazing!

Woody’s shake was the way he likes it, more on the runny side.

The shakes were filling so we opted to share the French Dip and fries.

3697508F-C5F5-4C6E-A7D3-360636AC113F.jpeg

This sandwich was tasty. It was basically the former cheesesteak (minus the cheese) with dipping sauce. It was either not a good seller or there’s a supply shortage of shaved beef because it is no longer on the menu. :jawdrop:

I was lucky to score an ADR because the restaurant was at capacity.

ABC2EF04-4750-44D8-A649-AF94E7A1248F.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We weren’t quite ready to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom. But wait times were high and we felt like we were on borrowed time, unsure when the storm would roll in.

“How about one more ride on the Peoplemover?” I asked Woody. I really wanted Haunted Mansion but not the 75 minute wait.

“Sure!” was his reply.

The line wasn’t too long and we waited less than 15 minutes to board. Of course we did feel a bit underdressed.

05C04CC0-20B8-4FA3-96C9-0896F6657BAC.jpeg

Fashionistas know the proper Peoplemover attire!

C602BBF3-B081-4AF6-8B8D-C7C24F03E865.jpeg

When the ride was done so were we. We made the sad walk down Main Street.

340F5BD2-5381-4FFF-9ECE-2E5EDA16D91F.jpeg

We weren’t the only ones!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Woody’s shake was the way he likes it, more on the runny side.

The shakes were filling so we opted to share the French Dip and fries.
Tuvalu, just a general question -- do the TS restaurants normally allow ordering just 1 entree, to be split by two guests? (If so, I think that's great. -- perhaps for those times when neither guest is overly hungry, especially when shakes are ordered with the meal.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
That table looks familiar(ish). Nice shirt btw!
View attachment 644484
Woody’s shirt was a gift from Em. He loves it.
I like the one you’re wearing. 😉

Tuvalu, just a general question -- do the TS restaurants normally allow ordering just 1 entree, to be split by two guests? (If so, I think that's great. -- perhaps for those times when neither guest is overly hungry, especially when shakes are ordered with the meal.)
I have not an issue with sharing at the TS restaurants. I tip extra when I do share.

lindawdw

How perfect that you were able to score a reservation at The Plaza on your last evening!!! We must go there just for the milkshake alone! I guess I'll have to remember to dress up the next time I plan on taking a spin on the Peoplemover. 🤣 🤣 Hope you made it back before the storm hit!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

Attention @ajrwdwgirl, @93boomer, @rshell68 and anyone else who has been waiting with bated breath.

It’s time for the conclusion of my Piña Colada tale!

The cold medicine I was taking had left me perpetually thirsty. I hydrated as best as I could with lots of water but I needed something icy with flavor. The milkshake had done its job earlier but its soothing effect had worn off.

“Can we stop in Territory Lounge for a Piña Colada?” I asked Woody.

“Of course.”

The lounge is adjacent to Artist Point. There were a few open tables but we walked right up to the bar. “Do you make Piña Coladas?” I asked the bartender.

“We usually do, but we gave our blender to Geyser Point,” she replied. “It’s the bar by the pool.”

angry the good place GIF by NBC
200.gif

WHAT’S WITH THE BLENDER SHORTAGE??!!!

Wonderful Woody offered to walk over to Geyser Point for me. I was too wiped out.

I waited for him on our balcony. The zero proof Piña Colada was even better than my chocolate shake!

ECA1973A-899B-4F12-9A4F-5B1F6B781412.jpeg

(I was playing it safe tonight. No giggles!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s always fun to watch a Florida thunderstorm blow in.

When you aren’t out in it. 😉

As I sipped my longed-for Piña Colada we marveled at the lightning show in the distance. Suddenly a big lightning bolt and a LOUD clap of thunder jolted us and everyone at the pool below. The lifeguards blew their whistles and folks scurried out of the area just before the deluge began.

The poor people returning from the boat dock didn’t make it in time. They were completely soaked as they approached the Lodge. We were so glad we hadn’t gone to Epcot!

686E89C1-7C8D-41FF-8832-0807ACEDCB9E.jpeg

728C4585-5D00-4DFA-BB5B-3AC3D70A6D89.jpeg

The MK fireworks were delayed over 30 minutes. I know this because we could hear them from our room.

So sorry @sheriffwoody and @cgersic and anyone else unlucky to be caught in the storm on Friday the 13th.

But Woody and I were unlucky too. We were packing up to hit the road at dawn.

The next day while en route home, I discovered a great new feature in MDE — the ability to “officially” check out online, so that housekeeping can immediately know the room has been vacated and can begin cleaning for arriving guests. Perhaps this will help alleviate two current issues:

1. Disturbing guests who are not ready to check out before 11am
2. Having rooms ready for arrivals before 5 or 6pm (when rooms are supposed to be ready by 3pm)

ACB6B89D-EDE6-48EC-B1D8-0796ACA0B6F2.jpeg

4F81599F-97E7-4F65-88D1-A00466AD189B.jpeg

I appreciate y’all for following along! Thanks. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom