Trip Report C’mon Everybody, Here We Go….*COMPLETED*

Think of all the joy you’ll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye!

Ahh, a relaxing getaway from reality. No cares or concerns. Just bliss.

Not exactly a perfect picture of vacationing at Walt Disney World during Spring Break, is it?

But we’re going anyway. We’re Spring Break Veterans and it’s time for the annual reunion.

Two years ago we missed out on our usual adventure thanks to Covid. The stay-at-home vacation just wasn’t the same! (Although you can read about it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-“no-trip”-trip-report-completed.964173/)

Last year we were able to return, albeit under Covid protocols. We believed that enduring masks 24/7, plexiglass and vinyl dividers on attractions, mobile order Door Nazis and limited shopping/dining/entertainment would be acceptable in exchange for the very low crowds that we’d experienced on earlier pandemic trips. But the parks were packed and we ended up spending a lot of time at the pool (which wasn’t a bad thing. We’re pool people.)

Now that park capacity has increased and nearly all Covid restrictions are gone, we expect to find the shoulder-to-shoulder spring break crowds of yore. And long lines. So we’re packing our patience and “It is what it is” attitudes.

Because in spite of all the negatives WDW is still our happy place.

We can’t wait.

60EFA200-96A8-450F-994E-B3B9C3BD6048.jpeg

Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: April 3-9, 2022
Where: Our favorite moderate resort

My plan is to go live upon our departure. Fingers crossed that Disney WiFi will be my friend.

Speaking of friends, we hope to meet up with a few. You’ll have to follow along to see if we do.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
🇲🇽

As Woody and I entered the Three Caballeros queue I noticed a cast member I had just seen in her father’s trip report.

“We need to get out of line. I must introduce myself to a cast member over there,” I said to Woody.

Woody didn’t even question my request. He has been humoring me for almost four decades.

Samantha was so charming and more than willing to have her picture taken with a crazy lady from a Disney fan forum.

A3CCF781-5357-4D00-B154-CFF62EB75C1E.jpeg

We only chatted briefly (she was working after all) then Woody and I got back in line.

Remember the Easter egg that I hinted at @Sbk1234?

C46E21DB-4334-447C-8AC7-E086495DAD28.jpeg

Samantha was operating the ride by the time Woody and I boarded our boat!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
There were two Encanto magic shots for Flower & Garden.

We completely missed the first one (Luisa) somewhere in World Showcase. But that was okay because I really wanted the one of Isabela for Tuvaleen.

The PPP took several pics. The magic shot was last. Tuvaleen was convinced Isabela was a statue, despite my explanation that there was no statue, only magic.

0D50F14E-914C-41DF-8C1B-D019BC9D59D3.jpeg

05326BB7-B89D-4BDB-A63E-C98239255DD1.jpeg

CEE0F50F-4266-4F80-88C2-4BB3E2C57E13.jpeg

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Woody and I waited on the bench until 11:29am. We did not want to get yelled at a second time for being too early.

We arrived to a disorganized, very chaotic scene.

There was now a line. A long line. Directly in the sun. 🥵

View attachment 643446

It was unclear if the people in line had reservations or were walk-ups waiting to join the walk-up list. There was a lot of murmuring and two CMs near the front were waving and pointing. There should have been a CM at the end the of the line to help those of us who had ADRs and were trying to do the right thing.

As sweat began to trickle down my back I told Woody to remain in line while I walked ahead to see if I could find out what was going on. “They figured out how to do this at Be Our Guest ten years ago,” Woody grumbled. “Why is this so disorganized?”

It was not the first impression I wanted Woody to have.

When I got to the front (shade!) I learned that yes, the long line in the sun was for guests WITH reservations. Swell. In hindsight Woody and I should have stood off to the side of the entrance….in the shade….during those 12 minutes we were supposed to “go do something.” At least we would have been near the front when it was officially time to line up.

Ten excruciating minutes later we were finally nearing what I can only call the “pre-check in desk.”

View attachment 643443

There was a CM checking names off a written list. Once ours was crossed off, we got to go in a secret tunnel….

View attachment 643444

….which led backstage to another entrance.

View attachment 643445

This must be Epcot’s 21st Century version of a “Roaring 20s” speakeasy.

We finally made it to air-conditioning!!

View attachment 643448

The CM at the desk told us to “wait over there.”

Over there.
View attachment 643449

We were soon joined by other parties in the riff raff area as we waited to be summoned for further instructions.

View attachment 643450

it always amazes me when they put rude staff at expensive places. Like wth.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We were back in front of Spaceship Earth around 4pm, six hours after we’d posed in front of the mirrors.

We couldn’t pass up the opportunity to walk on the attraction.

25889328-C2BC-43C7-9727-D9C2C03DF78B.jpeg

The ride is really showing its age. We stopped for a prolonged period here…..

5A30ACE7-2E35-400F-9410-338C385506F8.jpeg

….and here.

32D51C28-8CA8-4183-A4B1-70BD1DB30A74.jpeg

And it wasn’t even our future!

A38239BF-45D0-4D7C-9BFA-F2DE5E336A23.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody and I had a lot of fun at Epcot. We’d had a lot of fun at Epcot on our first day too.

“Can’t even remember the last trip where I enjoyed Epcot as much as I have this week,” Woody commented on our stroll to the buses. I agreed with him.

My cold was continuing to take a toll on me. I was exhausted and frustrated. Any desire to spend evenings in a park this vacation had been quenched. I didn’t even want to leave the Lodge for dinner.

Thankfully, I can never have too many turkey sandwiches.

A0EC7530-16C0-44C1-8656-0B5E2EC71CA1.jpeg

Plus we had a great view.

Topped off our meal by sharing a yummy cake pop that we picked up at the GF last night.

AD1A862E-F77F-4B8F-86CC-DC5570889382.jpeg

Tomorrow would be our last day.

Loco_driver

I also enjoyed Epcot more this time. Seems they stepped their game up for flower and garden compared to last year. I do wish they’d bring back the presentations that they used to do in the old wonders of life pavilion, but I know that’s never coming back. Just more food booths(which have never impressed us).

Sbk1234

🇲🇽

As Woody and I entered the Three Caballeros queue I noticed a cast member I had just seen in her father’s trip report.

“We need to get out of line. I must introduce myself to a cast member over there,” I said to Woody.

Woody didn’t even question my request. He has been humoring me for almost four decades.

Samantha was so charming and more than willing to have her picture taken with a crazy lady from a Disney fan forum.

View attachment 643875

We only chatted briefly (she was working after all) then Woody and I got back in line.

Remember the Easter egg that I hinted at @Sbk1234?

View attachment 643876

Samantha was operating the ride by the time Woody and I boarded our boat!
It warms my heart to see this. We didn’t actually get to see her launch any boats because on the day we were there she went home early, sick.
Thanks for posting and especially for being so nice to her.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, May 13

Some folks are superstitious and consider Friday the 13th an unlucky day.

Not me. How could I be unlucky with this sunrise view?

38733879-2755-4590-85F8-0F65373CA717.jpeg

Today would be my best vacation day. Always save the best for last, right?

You can get a side of eggs at Roaring Fork. Pair it with a side of bacon and you have a filling, inexpensive breakfast. I don’t understand why all resort quick serves don’t offer it.

Woody and I were at the end of a long line on the boat dock but we made it aboard! A quick trip from Bay Lake to Seven Seas Lagoon to the Most Magical Place on Earth.

1E93E379-A942-4C78-8EFC-AD88BF9E90C7.jpeg

We had missed the start of Early Entry. We decided to wait near Adventureland for regular opening at 9am, thinking it might give us a head start over the EE guests in Tomorrowland & Fantasyland.

E0BFF814-BFE0-4205-918C-667FC93CD601.jpeg

We could hear….but not see….the Welcome Show on the castle stage. The Magic is Calling is a jazzy opening song!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our aim was Jungle Cruise but I warned Woody it would be a last-minute call.

When I saw the masses heading towards the attraction I turned to Woody and said, “Nope! Keep walking!”

We didn’t have far to go for Plan B.

A5D8CE95-1C6D-4125-AD6F-426FC3F77FD7.jpeg

Our wait was very short. We were kept entertained by the family in front of us who were playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

A preemptive ride photo in case the official one didn’t show up. (Spoiler alert: it didn’t.)

355D3AA2-2001-40D6-9F14-46A355FFF20C.jpeg

I took the next picture for a specific reason. Unfortunately I did not make note of why. 🤦🏻‍♀️

F2EFA023-4BF0-4D3C-86D5-F751BEFC5972.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Up next —

AC0E1485-7217-4018-8E03-79BB110FC9AE.jpeg

F6E0E9B6-AB01-4C94-99C5-1E379CA90E5A.jpeg

The line moved at a steady pace. Unfortunately it did not prevent the loud Latin (Latino? Latina? Latinx?) family behind us from regularly bumping into us the duration of the queue. Their two kids were out of control and the parents never stopped talking….in their native language….to each other.

At last we were on the train!

4EEBDF2A-FBFE-4797-A86C-5E8279260E8C.jpeg

(Photobombed! 🤣)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We took the boardwalk along the river to my (and @tonystark ’s) favorite attraction. Not a soul (😉) behind us.

And yet we’d been followed.

I had just snapped this pic when I heard them.

ADDF8831-0103-4347-9C33-A3DFA1B31943.jpeg

The loud family. One of the kids was whining (even though I couldn’t understand the language, whining is whining in any tongue) and dad was angrily articulating (and gesturing) to said child.

The noise awakened Leota.

444D3665-58EE-488F-A285-5A92D2DC7EDA.jpeg

I’m fairly certain the kid did not want to go inside HM….cause when we did, the protests only got louder.

And guess who was next to us in the stretching room?

And right behind us as we boarded our doom buggy?

Thankfully the playful spooks must have rendered the family speechless since we heard no more from them once we reached the library.

3A7CE371-D010-45B5-A188-857F742EE269.jpeg

Which border do y’all prefer?

Original?
1C4E0B5B-133A-414A-8E8E-CBB1C919B696.jpeg

Or new and improved?
BD80803D-5F8B-4244-8EEB-5B9D5C554F45.jpeg

I’m partial to the former. It’s creepier.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We took the boardwalk along the river to my (and @tonystark ’s) favorite attraction. Not a soul (😉) behind us.

View attachment 644014

The loud family. One of the kids was whining (even though I couldn’t understand the language, whining is whining in any tongue) and dad was angrily articulating (and gesturing) to said child.

View attachment 644015

I’m fairly certain the kid did not want to go inside HM….cause when we did, the protests only got louder.

Thankfully the playful spooks must have rendered the family speechless since we heard no more from them once we reached the library.

View attachment 644016

Original?
View attachment 644018

Or new and improved?
View attachment 644017

I’m not sure if it is only the border that makes the picture creepier - in the first photo you and Woody are in black and white and the second one you are in color. I think the black and white fits the theme better.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Three rides in our first hour!

How would we fare in hour 2?

After a quick stop at the Tangled loo, we broadened our border. Internationally.

FF8B34E0-0CDC-4AE3-874B-2601E3FAA912.jpeg

Do I need to tell you who followed us in line?

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??!!

I looked at Woody and whispered, “I can’t deal with this again.”

When we got to the load area I did something I’m not proud of. Mostly because the party behind us thought I was being altruistic when I offered to let them go ahead of us into the next boat.

C456E4EF-5DA4-48E3-9473-B6955C0EB31C.jpeg

The truth was I was being selfish. I could not tolerate being in the same boat with the loud family.

Ahhhh. I was able to relax now.

E086E765-708E-40EB-834D-6F0E2840BDE6.jpeg

It was the Happiest Cruise That Ever Sailed — for me at that moment.

And it turns out someone special was with us in spirit.

EF94A62E-6C4D-4BB9-A9AB-50C3C2D0CF9D.jpeg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

View attachment 644014

View attachment 644015

View attachment 644016

Original?
View attachment 644018

Or new and improved?
View attachment 644017

We've had the misfortune to get in a queue with too loud or obnoxious people right next to us. Not fun!, we usually just let a few folks go ahead of us, we'd rather wait a couple of minutes longer to ride.
I prefer the b/w border. :)

slipperalwaysfits

The plexiglass in Mexico was still there.
OOOOOOhhh noooooooooooo

Original?
YES! OG!
I would agree, it's creepier and just more classic!

MAN! Three rides with one family! That's crazy, I've seen it happen on like two different rides with a family nearby us but to hit the third exactly after a pitstop is weird, karmic timing. I don't blame you for skipping a boat. My husband would have done the same thing. That's funny that Em's name popped up! :) 🤩 It's waiting for her!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

One ride in hour 2 completed. ✅

“Let’s find another with minimal standby wait,” I said to Woody.

Judging by the line to get into Gaston’s Tavern we thought we might get lucky, assuming cinnamon buns and coffee were more important than going unda the sea.

8685A39C-AD87-4BB9-9FA7-2EC993FB9550.jpeg

So far so good. No exterior line.

964B7EC8-00F5-41FB-B8F3-835DD07A3D34.jpeg

We headed into the cave. I saw the broken netting where a glass orb had fallen out and shattered. No guests were injured, fortunately.

06330FDB-C070-40B9-9FE1-0932D27935ED.jpeg

We walked nonstop to the clam shells.

Scuttle (in the queue) was still MIA but the effects that were broken on our Sunday ride were all working today.

For the record we both waved to Ariel and Eric but no one was there to take our picture. 😉

Two rides in hour 2 completed. ✅

Can we complete a third attraction before this hour is up?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom