Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

WDW Pro

Read back a bit. Although the text of the article talked about an overlay, the headline mentioned Replacement. There is a significant difference between the two.

And as to why? Someone suggested maybe he’d used up all the goodwill with his earlier nonsense claims. That explanation seems plausible IMO.

What blogger was it that talked about the rumor? Never mind, I just read it. I'll have to check around a bit on this... I still think there's more to the story here than what I'm seeing. It's atypical for Disney to refer to a blogger specifically as being "unscrupulous", especially when the rumor is based on partially accurate blue sky leaks.

nickys

Premium Member
What blogger was it that talked about the rumor? Never mind, I just read it. I'll have to check around a bit on this... I still think there's more to the story here than what I'm seeing. It's atypical for Disney to refer to a blogger specifically as being "unscrupulous", especially when the rumor is based on partially accurate blue sky leaks.

Well who was it who broke the “story” that The Land and Seas were to be bull-dozed just days earlier? 🧐

WDW Guru

It's not just about him reporting on the rumor that triggered them to respond. It's about how he presents the info. When you read his articles he makes it seemed confirmed, despite the fact that he puts rumor in the title. It shows he has no journalistic integrity.

WDW Pro

It's not just about him reporting on the rumor that triggered them to respond. It's about how he presents the info. When you read his articles he makes it seemed confirmed, despite the fact that he puts rumor in the title. It shows he has no journalistic integrity.

I see. Thanks for the info. There are a lot of "insiders" out there, and many times they just sort of grab onto a little bit of a leak and then it becomes an echo chamber throughout the web. I just know that Disney doesn't usually respond to speculation or blue sky projects. But seriously, was anybody believing a site that claims they're bulldozing The Seas or The Land? Next thing you know, people will be believing that a roller coaster is going in Spaceship Earth ;)

Phil12

More insignificant than the number of guests that want to see them both turned into hip hop shows?
I'd say about the same level of insignificance. However, that is only because most guests have never really considered the grand improvement that both a western themed and Polynesian themed hip hop show would bring:

Of course, many of the hip hop and rap influences come directly from Polynesia:

Last edited:

General Mayhem

And what pray tell do you consider the pinnacle of Disney Animated song lyrics?
Practically anything written by Howard Ashman, or Stephen Schwartz.

Howard Ashman's Disney Projects:
Oliver & Company (Once Upon a Time in New York City)
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast (1991, and 2001 special edition versions)
Aladdin ("Arabian Nights", "Friend Like Me", and "Prince Ali" included posthumously)

Stephen Schwartz's Disney Projects:
Pocahontas
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Mulan (Songs deleted but "Written in Stone" used in local productions)
Enchanted

Last edited:

TeriofTerror

Practically anything written by Howard Ashman, or Stephen Schwartz.

Howard Ashman's Disney Projects:
Oliver & Company (Once Upon a Time in New York City)
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast (1991, and 2001 special edition versions)
Aladdin ("Arabian Nights", "Friend Like Me", and "Prince Ali" included posthumously)

Stephen Schwartz's Disney Projects:
Pocahontas
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Mulan (Songs deleted but "Written in Stone" used in local productions)
Enchanted
I thought Mulan was more Matthew Wilder and David Zippel.

GlacierGlacier

While I'm glad they still reference Walt, I'm not a fan of attractions being bumped to odd places in the lists of attractions because they decided to use the complete name on the website despite the fact that the full name doesn't appear on signage.
IMG_2356-1080x675.jpg
20161002_190136-600x450.jpg

peter11435

Okay, you got me. But how many people actually realize his name is there?
Most guests probably don’t. But that doesn’t mean Disney shouldn’t follow proper nomenclature. Most guests call it Thunder Mountain but it’s still found under B for Big and hardly anyone call the attraction Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid but that’s still all the way down with the U’s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom