Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

RSoxNo1

Or Moana could have a new experience instead of being shoved into existing classic attractions. Then (we hope) she could have her own new classic one day, similar to how Radiator Springs Racers and Flight of Passage have been quickly accepted into the Disney Park canon. ;)
How about an Aquatopia style attraction replacing the Carpets in Adventureland?

bcoachable

Question for our operations guys and gals-
Do these “shows” run on a regular timed schedule? Or do the cm’s hold guests in the pre show areas until there is a decent amount of people before opening the doors for the next show?

Aries1975

As a percentage of its capacity the tiki room is painfully underutilized.

It might help if when one looks up attractions if the Enchanted Tiki Room was listed. In the era of overscheduling everything, how would it get onto a newbie's "to do" list?

Screenshot_20190709-232552.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's very difficult to judge the utilization of a continuous operation show. First of all, there's *a lot* of shows through the day, which would mean it has a theoretical high capacity. But, people generally prefer rides to shows. So, when the park isn't that crowded and the E-Tickets have relatively short queues, then most people are on lines for rides and not the shows.

OTOH, on busy days where the E-Ticket lines are one to two hours, then the shows soak up the excess people who don't want to wait on those long lines and the shows fill up.

As someone adept at using FP, I get most of the rides done in FP line and then head to the shows in between only if there's no wait. My experience of Tiki Room, CBJ, PhilHarmagic, and CoP is pretty empty theaters. But, those theaters do become packed on busy days or at certain times of days.

That's why there is anecdotal evidence for the shows to be both packed and empty.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's very difficult to judge the utilization of a continuous operation show. First of all, there's *a lot* of shows through the day, which would mean it has a theoretical high capacity. But, people generally prefer rides to shows. So, when the park isn't that crowded and the E-Tickets have relatively short queues, then most people are on lines for rides and not the shows.

OTOH, on busy days where the E-Ticket lines are one to two hours, then the shows soak up the excess people who don't want to wait on those long lines and the shows fill up.

As someone adept at using FP, I get most of the rides done in FP line and then head to the shows in between only if there's no wait. My experience of Tiki Room, CBJ, PhilHarmagic, and CoP is pretty empty theaters. But, those theaters do become packed on busy days or at certain times of days.

That's why there is anecdotal evidence for the shows to be both packed and empty.
Im reporting you for making too much sense.

disnyfan89

They are factually not, in every possible way. They are the laziest written songs I've ever heard from a Disney animated feature. I've gone over it before but Moana's songs are subpar, and mediocre. I prefer my musicals to have songs that don't speak down to me as if I'm some neanderthal.
And what pray tell do you consider the pinnacle of Disney Animated song lyrics?

WDW Pro

I'm pretty darn certain that the Moana overlay to the Tiki Room was a legitimate leak, even if it was a blue sky leak. I'm not sure why Disney is so harshly condemning the "rumor" unless its a signal to people leaking information about more financially important projects. I don't think the CBJ to Toy Story rumor was ever based on anything real, but Moana in the Enchanted Tiki Room is definitely something that has been on people's desks before.

This is a very bizarre story that I was just made aware of. I'm really interested in why Disney chose to respond this way in official media.

Bender123

This is a very bizarre story that I was just made aware of. I'm really interested in why Disney chose to respond this way in official media

Because Tom has a huge following and a very large site that attracts WDW fanatics. Even with his "questionable" record, when you start a rumor about a Walt original, you are going to attract the ire of fans to the WDW leadership. Its far better to respond and discredit than let the rumor hang out there.

In addition, they responded to the CBJ rumor, because Tom decided, for some reason, to call out WDW management for deflecting on CBJ by only addressing the Tiki rumor. Yeah...its petty, but WDWToday obviously was getting tired of Tom sending the pitchfork wielding fans to their twitter page.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm pretty darn certain that the Moana overlay to the Tiki Room was a legitimate leak, even if it was a blue sky leak. I'm not sure why Disney is so harshly condemning the "rumor" unless its a signal to people leaking information about more financially important projects. I don't think the CBJ to Toy Story rumor was ever based on anything real, but Moana in the Enchanted Tiki Room is definitely something that has been on people's desks before.

This is a very bizarre story that I was just made aware of. I'm really interested in why Disney chose to respond this way in official media.

Read back a bit. Although the text of the article talked about an overlay, the headline mentioned Replacement. There is a significant difference between the two.

And as to why? Someone suggested maybe he’d used up all the goodwill with his earlier nonsense claims. That explanation seems plausible IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom