Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

SteamboatJoe

Yes!! Agreed! But it was still part of the phase one plan that Walt himself Signed off on... for the most part...
Yep. There is a lot written about how the Florida Project came to be and the EPCOT concept but seemingly less about Walt's involvement with the specific designs of MK. If someone has any good leads on this, I'd love to hear them.

I am also really interested in stories of why certain things in DL were, were partially, or were not copied in FL. Obviously the need to accommodate larger crowds played a part but that doesn't completely explain all the choices that were made. I know the no New Orleans Square/Pirates background but there are so many other design choices that would be neat to know about.

Donaldfan1934

Disney told the Orlando Sentinel that PUSH was not leaving the parks the day before announcing that PUSH would no longer be in the parks.
I understand the skepticism given Disney’s history, but keep in mind that @kpilcher, @wdwmagic and @MansionButler84 have all said that this is most forceful denial of a rumor the company has made in decades, if ever. However, if this does turn out to be another PUSH situation like you say, I’ll just leave this here so the internet will never forget.
07FD728F-31B3-47EE-910D-95B4745544D5.jpeg

Last edited:

Surferboy567

While I’m just as happy to see the complete and utter smack down Tom got today...like many have said that seemed like a pretty forceful shutdown of a rumor. Who knew Disney had such excellent smack talk game? Makes me wonder though...why be so forceful with this rumor shutdown...their has to be a reason they were super forceful, everything has a business reason. Trying to figure out what this one is, also playing devil’s advocate they didn’t mention the bears (which I’d be fine if they went away).

ToTBellHop

This is odd, Coreless gets a smack down from Disney over a rumor that Martin says is valid?
It is valid that there was a plan to introduce Moana. Tom suggested (I imagine—I don’t read there) that the Tiki birds were leaving. That is false. Whether a Moana song gets added some day is unknown. When this came up like a week ago, I had said the birds were staying as that is what I had been told. Then this morning the rumor came in that they would leave. That’s what Disney quashed.

They seem to dislike him as much as many here do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom