Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Surferboy567

Also...another thing he’s been doing that’s been annoying is tweeting pics of Galaxy’s Edge that make it look empty. He mocked the lunch rush at Galaxy’s Edge (since the pic he took was at a weird angle), he also did the same for droid depot, multiple people in the comments have said they obviously it’s false that these are “ghost towns” as he said.

jt04

All Disney has to say is the changes are for the 50th and the plan is to return the characters later. Possibly in a different capacity.

huwar18

I really hope this is the beginning of the end for Tom Clueless. Just revoke their press status already
I don’t understand how they have a press pass for Disney. Spreading false rumors is not news. I know he post pictures from the parks and does reviews. However, they have enough press that don’t spread crazy rumors.

AVAC Juice

This situation gets more and more interesting by the hours. Hopefully, the DisneyParks Blog post truly means that the individuals who needed help saving the Tiki Room have succeeded.
I hope that you're right. Unfortunately many of the writers/ bloggers at DisneyParks Blog struggle with accuracy and some are more fickley than others. Not so much recently but it can be embarrassing and even sad to read as a fan.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... WHAT. A. MESS.

DPB calls out "...sources" (let's put aside their scruples for a moment) for saying the Tiki birds are going away. You know, like @Ronnie Sanford (shakes fist at Ronnie!!! :p ) and Twitter's Passport to Dreams. In fact, Passport to Dreams has been on the drum beat for people to write to Disney to save the Tiki Room. Which is probably why DPB is responding to the rumor.

Now, Corless never said the Tiki room or the birds were going away. He said it's getting a Moana overlay (an old rumor once mentioned by @marni1971 ).

But Corless is interpreting the reference to "unscrupulous sources" as being a reference to him. <engage hissy fit> Corless rightly defends himself as saying he never said it was going away, just reporting on a rumor of an overlay.

And now everyone is schadenfreuding all over Corless for no good reason (this time). If a Moana overlay comes through, he'll be (rightfully) throwing this all back in your faces (you who are dancing on the grave of his reputation).

It pays to read carefully, folks.

peter11435

So... WHAT. A. MESS.

DPB calls out "...sources" (let's put aside their scruples for a moment) for saying the Tiki birds are going away. You know, like @Ronnie Sanford (shakes fist at Ronnie!!! :p ) and Twitter's Passport to Dreams. In fact, Passport to Dreams has been on the drum beat for people to write to Disney to save the Tiki Room. Which is probably why DPB is responding to the rumor.

Now, Corless never said the Tiki room or the birds were going away. He said it's getting a Moana overlay (an old rumor once mentioned by @marni1971 ).

But Corless is interpreting the reference to "unscrupulous sources" as being a reference to him. <engage hissy fit> Corless rightly defends himself as saying he never said it was going away, just reporting on a rumor of an overlay.

And now everyone is schadenfreuding all over Corless for no good reason (this time). If a Moana overlay comes through, he'll be (rightfully) throwing this all back in your faces (you who are dancing on the grave of his reputation).

And the DPB post never eliminates the possibility of an overlay. They simply state that the birds aren’t going away and very clearly mention their stories evolving.

ImperfectPixie

So... WHAT. A. MESS.

I read "replaced" to mean that the birds are going away.

ToTBellHop

So... WHAT. A. MESS.

But...but...Clickbait!

He said “replaced” by Moana.

Donaldfan1934

I hope that you're right. Unfortunately many of the writers/ bloggers at DisneyParks Blog struggle with accuracy and some are more fickley than others. Not so much recently but it can be embarrassing and even sad to read as a fan.
Either way, the writer of the post vehemently shut down the rumor through an official source, so if plans to do otherwise were still on unbeknownst to the writer, they inadvertently put said plans in a PR corner.

Brer Oswald

Will changes come to the Tiki Room and Country Bears at some point like many trusted members here are saying? Probably. But it’s the specific claims the other site is making that call their validity to question.

Corless just loves to fill in the blanks when he hears something. Granted, that’s a trait common in attention seeking “leakers”. He very likely heard “Moana Content is Coming to the Tiki Room” and tried to jump ahead of the curve by claiming that the Tiki Birds will be completely replaced by the IP. Could Maui pop up and sing “You’re Welcome” with the birds sometime in the future? Sure, but the birds are still staying.

Likewise, with the bears, they will likely see an update sometime soon. Will it get replaced by a Toy Story show? Maybe, maybe not. Could it get something like “Vacation Hoedown” where the bears sing famous Disney songs in a country style, including “Woody’s Roundup”? Seems more likely.

KevinPage

Let’s unpack this.

1. Everyone’s favorite Disney villain Blogger has clearly gotten under the skin of Mr Thomas Smith and/or his corporate overlords. Taking a “pot shot” indicates that clearly there is some degree of TRUTH to both of these rumors, otherwise why be annoyed?

2. They still have not commented on CBJ which indicates the rumor has a very strong degree of truth to it. I’m sure the thousands of emails management has received has bothered them that this was even leaked in the first place.

3. The original rumor post re: Tiki was (correct me if I’m wrong) an overlay. And Thomas Smith did ZERO to dispel those rumors. “Evolving”, “no plans soon” are such vague terms. They didn’t dispute any overlay at all.

3. After 11 comments appears the DPB locked out any further comments as most kept referencing CBJ.

Disney’s silence is defeaning it seems 😎

ToTBellHop

Will changes come to the Tiki Room and Country Bears at some point like many trusted members here are saying? Probably. But it’s the specific claims the other site is making that call their validity to question.

Corless just loves to fill in the blanks when he hears something. Granted, that’s a trait common in attention seeking “leakers”. He very likely heard “Moana Content is Coming to the Tiki Room” and tried to jump ahead of the curve by claiming that the Tiki Birds will be completely replaced by the IP. Could Maui pop up and sing “You’re Welcome” with the birds sometime in the future? Sure, but the birds are still staying.

Likewise, with the bears, they will likely see an update sometime soon. Will it get replaced by a Toy Story show? Maybe, maybe not. Could it get something like “Vacation Hoedown” where the bears sing famous Disney songs in a country style, including “Woody’s Roundup”? Seems more likely.
I do think he should be more cautious. Some share info here, but these are fan forums. When you present your theories on the front of a website where you lead others to believe you are an expert on all things, it will sporadically blow up in your face. I’m happy to share things I hear here, but I’d never make a blog post over it. Our own Steve is very wise to not post every old rumo(u)r. If you want to run a respected source for information, you have to be conservative in what you write.

AVAC Juice

Let’s unpack this.

1. Everyone’s favorite Disney villain Blogger has clearly gotten under the skin of Mr Thomas Smith and/or his corporate overlords. Taking a “pot shot” indicates that clearly there is some degree of TRUTH to both of these rumors, otherwise why be annoyed?

2. They still have not commented on CBJ which indicates the rumor has a very strong degree of truth to it. I’m sure the thousands of emails management has received has bothered them that this was even leaked in the first place.

3. The original rumor post re: Tiki was (correct me if I’m wrong) an overlay. And Thomas Smith did ZERO to dispel those rumors. “Evolving”, “no plans soon” are such vague terms. They didn’t dispute any overlay at all.

3. After 11 comments appears the DPB locked out any further comments as most kept referencing CBJ.

Disney’s silence is defeaning it seems 😎
Mr. Thompson added the original restaurant "intent" oddly.

Did nothing to quell "using" the tiki's again as they will go on for "evolving" entertainment into the future.

He looks like I imagine him. He really does look like a worm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom