Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They should just go all in and get the rock to voice the new show. They can have him record his speech for the Hall of Presidents too since he's rumored to be running in 2020;)

Biff215

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Moana incorporated into what is already there. I know it's sacreligious to say, but I find this latest version to be really boring. It's one of the very few attractions we didn't hit during our recent ten day stay. I know it is a classic and still enjoyed by many, but you really can't blame Disney for finding this show to be underutilized.

My main concern here is similar to the Gran Fiesta Tour, where there is the possibility you could make a smaller attraction too popular. As much as my family likes Moana, I can't imagine waiting an hour for a five minute show.

PizzaPlanet

When you say influence, is it Tiki Birds featuring Moana elements? Or is it Moana's Magic Hut of Full Blown IP Intrusion?
If the Tiki Birds do stay, then it sounds like this will be Under New Management Part 2: Moana and that chicken character join the show. Although I guess this wouldn't be as bad since it means the original show could come back when this IP is no longer in style.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Im sure thats in the realm of the possible outcomes as well
Maybe, but if you think about it the best bang for their buck is to repurpose it to something more popular. They don't need to spend to build a new Moana ride, the Tiki Birds draw crowds again and you get a capacity boost at MK for a minimal amount of spend. If it gets popular enough (like Frozen Norway) they add FP+;). That seems more likely to me to be the line of thinking. I know you probably disagree, but the first choice of management isn't always going to be just close things to cut costs...see CoP.

MuteSuperstar

I didn't realize Moana was so popular. Seems like it did ok at the box office but certainly wasn't a huge hit by Disney standards.

I still find the talk of ruining the Tiki Room pretty nauseating but I'm over it at this point. I am way out of the target demographic that WDW now must cater (pander) to.

edit: ok Moana did 248m domestic, that's pretty good. According to Box Office Mojo it is the #1 all time film in the "Hawaii--Travelogue" genre. o_O

No Name

They should just go all in and get the rock to voice the new show. They can have him record his speech for the Hall of Presidents too since he's rumored to be running in 2020;)

And the Jungle Cruise, of course!

I think they should spin the area off into The Sedimentary Section of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Formed from fragments of existing material. They could even put a smoking section there so that people can get stoned. So many opportunities.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom