Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

drizgirl

No they don't....blue Ocean theory.....google it. You are all so easily replaceable because #tourists

Everyone wants a WDW vacation they don't give a rat's bottom if it's lacking. It's a right of passage and the obnoxious pricing of a vacation cement perceived value. The perceived elite status.
If there are #tourists waiting to replace me, why don't they just go without me leaving? What's holding them back?

Otterhead

I want both of those. Can you post some pics? Would love to see what you did!
I'll have to take some, but I'd be happy to share! The hallway looks much more impressive around Halloween, when we can open it up and have creepy fog pouring out of it, cobwebs and flicker-lights going. The kids just stare at it and go wooooowwwww. The benefits of living in an old house :)

Bocabear

FWiW, Club 33 is not going into Tiki, it is (gasp) valuable attraction space and will be treated as such. Now will its replacement fit theme wise ? No doubt. Will it make people happy? Depends on the plan they choose.
after the placement of Stitch into tomorrowland and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, I am not so sure the replacement will actually fit the theme...I have sort of lost confidence...

Magic Feather

after the placement of Stitch into tomorrowland and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, I am not so sure the replacement will actually fit the theme...I have sort of lost confidence...
Believe me. Adventureland has a bit of a curse of layout with JC and Pirates pinching off expansion plots like a spliceosome. (Thankfully) JC is not on the chopping block, but (sadly) they have a wide variety of underrepresented IP just begging to be in Adventureland (and would be if not for space), such as Tarzan, Lion King (already in AK), Jungle Book, Moana, etc. It will (at the very least) fit better than carpets.

larandtra

Why does everyone egt up in arms when they decide to make changes or shut down things to make improvements? Or at least we hope they are improvements. Noone even knows what the plan is and people are already complaining. Complaining about losing an attraction that most people could care less about. The remake of several areas in all of the parks was inevitable and necessary. And even though people clamor for change, most hate change. With the mass amount of ideas they have at their disposal, and there are tons, why not wait and see.

Bocabear

I'm glad you debunked the Club 33 "rumor"

Now I just hope it's not a meet and greet. Doesn't sound like it will be but they consider them "attractions" so .... hopefully that gets debunked too
I would not put it past them to turn it into a meet & Greet space...Let's face it, as long as the Sheeple keep clamoring for M&Gs, they will continue to diminish the actual attractions and replace them with a college kid in a costume...Sad but true...as long as the paying public allows them to get away with it, they will.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't think anyone here is under any illusion that Walt was a saint - he was a deeply flawed man on many levels who also happened to be a genius who profoundly altered American culture. I have no idea what you are trying to prove here.

By the way - the whole idea that a company's ONLY responsibility is to the shareholders is a new one that emerged largely in the 70s. Before then, companies understood their responsibilities in much broader terms (even if they very often failed to live up to them). Saying Iger benefits the shareholders as though it is a meaningful defense is really odd, since he does so while neglecting employees, customers, his company's heritage, and (perhaps most importantly) the long-term health of the corporation of which he is meant to be the steward.

Are we really arguing Iger is superior in any meaningful way to Disney?

The concept that a companys only duty is to its shareholders started with the co nvicted fraudster Michael Milliken 'the junk bond king'. Its appropriate corporate America would use the philosophy of a convicted criminal as its moral compass.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why does everyone egt up in arms when they decide to make changes or shut down things to make improvements? Or at least we hope they are improvements. Noone even knows what the plan is and people are already complaining. Complaining about losing an attraction that most people could care less about. The remake of several areas in all of the parks was inevitable and necessary. And even though people clamor for change, most hate change. With the mass amount of ideas they have at their disposal, and there are tons, why not wait and see.

Past performance?
History?

Why close your eyes?

larandtra

It is an opinion but do you think they would be removing an attraction if they did nto feel they had space or an attraction not being maximized? Come on. The Tikki room in iots original form was great and has a nostalgia that cant be replaced. But the constant attempts to "fix" it or update it have met with nothing but disaster. I dont really care if you like or agree with my opinion. Everyone has an opinion. But lets not mistake opinion with fact. Opinion..Most people could care less..Fact- It is being taken out for business reasons to be replaced by something the company deems more valuable to them and to provide a better option for the guests. How about that???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom