Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Big Baloo

I think it would be cool if there were multiple Tiki room shows. They could have the original, one themed to Lilo and Stitch, one themed to Moana and even bring back the Under New Management show. If they rotated them through out the day, I would visit the Tiki room a few times per visit, instead of just once. It would get a big boost in popularity, especialy from kids who love Moana or Stitch.

Bocabear

How about they just plus up the audio, either add the fountain back in the middle or bring back a central character like Uh-Oah, add great new storm effects, which would make thye original show feel more exciting and fresh...What if the storm were wilder and more epic? What if it actually rumbled and shook the floor like an earthquake?...... Plus up the exterior pre-show, add back the fire and fountain effects in the pre-show area and bring back the barker bird...Today's audiences want more immersion....that doesn't necessarily translate to IP... The original bird characters, Like Dreamfinder and Figment, are their own IP waiting to exploit for merchandising etc.
Tiki culture is alive, well, and hot right now...as they should be well aware by their wildly popular Trader Sam's locations...
Add a few fabulous looking tropical mocktails to the Sunshine Tree Terrace, and I think it would be a must-do hit.

John park hopper

How about they just plus up the audio, either add the fountain back in the middle or bring back a central character like Uh-Oah, add great new storm effects, which would make thye original show feel more exciting and fresh...What if the storm were wilder and more epic? What if it actually rumbled and shook the floor like an earthquake?...... Plus up the exterior pre-show, add back the fire and fountain effects in the pre-show area and bring back the barker bird...Today's audiences want more immersion....that doesn't necessarily translate to IP... The original bird characters, Like Dreamfinder and Figment, are their own IP waiting to exploit for merchandising etc.
Tiki culture is alive, well, and hot right now...as they should be well aware by their wildly popular Trader Sam's locations...
Add a few fabulous looking tropical mocktails to the Sunshine Tree Terrace, and I think it would be a must-do hit.

Disney needs you for their imagination staff. Your ideas would bring Tiki Birds back to its rightful place as an E ticket attraction

Last edited:

Sundown

Yes, yes and yes!

To add, the Tiki Birds are a park-exclusive "IP" currently. A suped-up show could (and should) be marketed as a draw to purchase tix to the park. Moana...you can get anywhere.

Plus kids LOVE the song. My niece heard me signing it and asked what it was, when I told her she said she knew the song from an updated cover version. I told her about what the Tiki Room was and she started understanding the lyrics more...and was in love with the idea and wanted to go.

POLY LOVER

That does suck. I can't say I'm surprised. I don't want Stitch invading but if the birds stay as part of it ... ugh.

Do they not learn from their mistakes? Why would a new show with Stitch be better received?

They continue to mess with things they don't need to.

When are the Country Bears getting their notice then? Ugh again.

Have they totally lost the ability to take a ride and update it with today's AA's and make it wow again. This disturbs me, I could come up with a hundred ideas that would wow people again. Sad and dissapointing. A failure of imagination!

MichRX7

Premium Member
Serious, it isn't as popular, doesn't make me want to get rid of it. When we went on it the week of November 28th, 2016 it was my friends and family and 4 other people. Of course we had a group of 26, but still. Can't most of us just agree it would be even more popular with updated effects and animatronics?

PizzaPlanet

Serious, it isn't as popular, doesn't make me want to get rid of it. When we went on it the week of November 28th, 2016 it was my friends and family and 4 other people. Of course we had a group of 26, but still. Can't most of us just agree it would be even more popular with updated effects and animatronics?
What time of day?

Bocabear

Time of day is not the point...Yes it has lower attendance at different times a day...We all know it needs a bit of an overhaul to bring back it's popularity...freshen it up, not get rid of it...Improve the effects, plus up the audio...it can totally be relevant again with a restoration and freshening VS tear out and add IP... WDW really needs to start realizing the potential of the Parks exclusive IPs and build their marketing around them rather than shoehorning new IPs into existing attractions....

Magic Feather

And we've ridden Rock n Rollercoaster by ourselves. Does that make it unpopular?
Heck, I was able to ride Rockin' once, at 8 PM, Park Close at 9, where three cars in feont of mine ran empty, my friend and I were in one and then two empties followed. I have walked right on to Peter Pan and Mine Train and Spacemountain, each with empty boats, rows, and seats. I can't even name how many times I was one of two warm bodies on the ride track at everest.

habuma

Oh my god, a two second clip showing an empty tiki room. You've won! Give me a break. 99 percent of the time it's packed. Why don't you go back to waiting tables for Bert and Mary instead of trying to act all big and bad with you Tiki Room hate.

I have no idea if the Tiki Room is empty at some hours of the day and not at others. What I know is that if it is *me* who is visiting the Tiki Room, then it's never empty. Pro-tip: If you want to see an empty Tiki Room, don't go when I'm going. Apparently, everyone follows me there. (I also have the same effect at the grocery checkout.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom