Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Tick Tock

Perhaps they can relocate the singing birds to one of the Rainforest Cafe locations once the show closes. Instead of periodic thunderstorms, have spontaneous musical numbers while guests dine. Even synchronize some of the gorillas and elephants to move along with the singing. Rock-a-fire Explosion meets the wilds.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Last couple of times I saw it, the guests seemed to enjoy it, but how pitiful that Disney can't keep this attraction, given its tiny footprint. If they put something popular there, it would just add to the area's congestion. One of those things where it seems to require a small-scale diversion, so why not leave it as-is with its nod to Disney history. Wouldn't be a bad idea to add the historical context to the preshow a la Carousel of Progress.

Seriously, if this minor attraction shoved in a corner is worth axing, you have to wonder how they justify keeping COP, whose footprint actually is valuable.

Right now, COP appears to be safe and actually will see some work. I think Disney is much more concerned with reaction from removing it versus the Birds.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Has to be a maintenance nightmare to keep all those AAs working. I can see TDO cutting it in favor of something that will make money rather than cost money. RIP tiki birds

Well, they basically removed 75% of all AAs on property with the wholesale destruction of all the original EPCOT attractions. They don't like them, they don't want them except in select attractions/situations. ... And I'm willing to bet the Tiki Room has lots of issues with show quality right now. I haven't seen the show in about a year now and it had major issues then.

TalkingHead

Right now, COP appears to be safe and actually will see some work. I think Disney is much more concerned with reaction from removing it versus the Birds.

I can see that. COP isn't at any of the other resorts, it's Worlds Fair history, a fan favorite, etc. But the Tikis actually fit the land's theme (yeah, I know, what's *that*?) better than COP does.

On a separate note, how is Swiss Family Treehouse still there? I went through it last time I was visiting and it's amazing it hasn't been replaced with something they can offer FP+ for. I can only guess it's because it costs next-to-nothing for upkeep. Is that the root of the Tiki Room's problem? Too many moving parts? It's too bad - the show actually seemed in good shape recently.

Magic Feather

I too have heard of the potential demise of the birds, and while I would not put it (near) the levels of likelihood of Rat and especially not gondalas, it is still a possibility with multiple proposals in place, a few of which epitomizes the patheticness of TDO. Heck, one proposal relates to one (maybe two) pre-existing threads.

clemmo

Adventureland screams Moana to me unfortuntately. Also wonder what the big new TS could be. I'm guessing maybe replacing Tomorrowland terrace or somewhere on main street maybe if that's even possible.

DABIGCHEEZ

Adios Jose. Can't say we will miss you... only good thing about this attraction is the AC. I know it is a minority opinion, but we liked the Under New Management much better... it at least had some liveliness to it and did not put us to sleep. My only hope is that it does not become a M&G for the Adventureland characters.

wdwfan4ver

I don't like this at all. The spot I would expect gone first is either Tom Sawyer Island or Swiss Family Robinson.

I'm not buying Stitch overlay. My reasoning is due to how Stitch stuff did in Tomorrowland. I thought Stitch had an outdoor stage show in Tomorrowland and it was forced to get away besides SGE being panned.

I love the Enchanted Tiki Room since my first WDW trip in 1991 and I was very happy about New Management going away due to the fire.

This was an attraction my dad bragged about before I saw it due to him seeing in at Disneyland once in the 1960's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom