Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Castle Cake Apologist

I still find them to be poor in quality, I prefer Howard Ashman, Stephen Schwartz, and David Zippel when it comes to lyrics. The songs in Moana lack wit, and sophistication. Each song sounds like it was made for people who find Chili's to be high class. So whether or not Lin was responsible for a majority of the music he still takes credit for it. I like my film's without his lackluster influence, thanks.

Why do you feel the need to be so aggressive and demeaning with your opinions? I'm genuinely curious, as it seems to be a resounding theme in many of your posts. It comes off as very defensive.

Oh you mean the big lipped alligator moment that has almost nothing to do with the rest of the film? It's another song that I could do without ever hearing again.

Ah. So, you've never even actually seen Moana? Like, what on earth are you talking about here? I don't think there's a single alligator in the entire movie, big-lipped or not. Not to mention that the scene they're referencing has quite a bit to do with furthering the plot of the film.

General Mayhem

Why do you feel the need to be so aggressive and demeaning with your opinions? I'm genuinely curious, as it seems to be a resounding theme in many of your posts. It comes off as very defensive.

Ah. So, you've never even actually seen Moana? Like, what on earth are you talking about here? I don't think there's a single alligator in the entire movie, big-lipped or not. Not to mention that the scene they're referencing has quite a bit to do with furthering the plot of the film.
I've seen it twice thank you. Tamatoa has almost nothing to do with the plot of the film other than being a random stepping stone in Moana's journey. Don't assume things just because I use a film trope to describe a scene.

ImperfectPixie

I've seen it twice thank you. Tamatoa has almost nothing to do with the plot of the film other than being a random stepping stone in Moana's journey. Don't assume things just because I use a film trope to describe a scene.
Then how about YOU stop making assumptions about other people just because their tastes are different than yours?

Magenta Panther

Tamatoa made me cringe. I think the "big-lipped alligator" comparison is valid.

Moana IS a beautiful-looking film, though. Moana herself is very likable. "How Far I'll Go" is a very good song IMO. The film overall, however, just lacked something. Maybe no love story as its center was at fault? Can't quite put my finger on it...

General Mayhem

Tamatoa made me cringe. I think the "big-lipped alligator" comparison is valid.

Moana IS a beautiful-looking film, though. Moana herself is very likable. "How Far I'll Go" is a very good song IMO. The film overall, however, just lacked something. Maybe no love story as its center was at fault? Can't quite put my finger on it...
It is a by the book "hero's journey" story with a lot of cultural flare and pretty visuals. There's not much else to it, it lacks an emotional core that a lot of other Disney film's have.

TJJohn12

Back on topic - if the birds sang one Moana song inserted into the context of the original show - sort of like Heigh-Ho is used at the end as a hat-tip - wouldn't be off putting. If it padded out the WDW show length a little, maybe brought the fountain back with a bit of "How Far I'll Go," set to dancing water with the birds providing backup, the integrity of the show wouldn't collapse the way it did under the weight of Iago. If it were complimentary to the theme I could see it working.

Plus, it's a really good "I wish" song! It'd be a nice middle ground to add another thing to the 50 list without replacing something.

FigmentFan82

Plus... do we really need two "The Rock" attractions next to each other? :cautious:
yes. the more smolder the better
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-ff35ee502309e7e1f100261e9eb0eb48

danheaton

Back on topic - if the birds sang one Moana song inserted into the context of the original show - sort of like Heigh-Ho is used at the end as a hat-tip - wouldn't be off putting. If it padded out the WDW show length a little, maybe brought the fountain back with a bit of "How Far I'll Go," set to dancing water with the birds providing backup, the integrity of the show wouldn't collapse the way it did under the weight of Iago. If it were complimentary to the theme I could see it working.

Plus, it's a really good "I wish" song! It'd be a nice middle ground to add another thing to the 50 list without replacing something.

I agree. I'm not a fan of inserting IP into the attractions in an awkward fashion, but I wouldn't freak out with a Moana song if they somehow could fit it in an organic way into the show. Under New Management wasn't something else entirely.

celluloid

The thing about Heigh Ho, is it is in there as a parody exit song. A tableau if you will. How Far I'll go rewritten as a parody song and randomozed with other out the door parodies qould be a mlre co.parable up date "How Far You'll Go, out the doooooor"

Musical Mermaid

If any Moana songs were to be added, I think that the “We Know the Way” song would fit the Polynesian theming better in the Tiki Room. “How Far I’ll Go”, as a princess specific song, is already in Happily Ever After and it works better in the context of that show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom