News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

mikenatcity1

Well this is interesting. I'll be honest, i'm a little sad I won't be able to say goodbye to Bugs Land before our visit in September...but it should be really good and i'm excited to see what they do!

Now to tear apart that poster looking for hints :)

__r.jr

If it's anything like what announced prior for Hong Kong as far as cohesive environment building, then it could be substantial. Even though Marvel is rooted more in New York than California but Mission: Breakout! is a random space fortress/oil rig/museum so it's not like it matters.

However, I do hope Disney makes a proper queue. It's much more than having a walkthrough with displays of props right beside one another. Easter eggs and nod-references are not the same as world building.

truecoat

Dear lord no... Are they seriously just going to be giving the Hollywood Backlot the Mission Breakout/Pixar Pier treatment where they just tack a bunch of props onto buildings and change the names of things?

Yep, I have a friend at WDI who sent me the Hulk Chew Chew ride concept.
Hulkchoochoo.jpg

Bob Harlem

Funny thing to note: The Marvel logo is (badly) edited out of the Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland versions of the posters on the Disney Parks Blog; those versions are marked with "nobrick" in the file name.

I noticed that too, solid black redaction squares on the bottom right Someone did that in a hurry. Black Panther looks like a last minute photoshop also. I don't get the soda/energy drink can behind the bus either.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Breaking News: In response to male outrage over the PC changes coming to Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney has announced the upcoming Land of Superheroes will have a monument devoted to Masculinity.

View attachment 271326

LOL - that’s Stark Tower Hong Kong, a fictitious skyscraper in downtown Hong Kong that is part of the Iron Man Experience storyline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom