News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

TROR

So is a multi-billion dollar corporation paying wages so low that some of its workers are homeless.
I mean, Imagineers on average make less than public teachers in California.
DbzlyhKV4AAA0n3.jpg
Dbzl-jRUQAA1Gi2.jpg

SuddenStorm

Yes, and Six Flags is still in business. Does that mean putting out garbage is what's right?

It's all about catering to your market. Six Flags prices themselves cheaper, and relies heavily on the new ride a year approach to keep people coming.

In this case, Pixar is a multi billion dollar company that has been far more prevalent and consistent than Walt Disney Animation since 1995.

For everyone born in the 2000s, Pixar is what Walt Disney Animation once was. So of course Disney is gonna capitalize on it by finding ways to integrate those characters in the park.

SuddenStorm

Selling lower quality items for a higher price is immoral.

That's literally how every business ever has made money. You just described the free market and the basis of the American economy.

Buy low, sell high.

I don't like Disney cutting standards and raising prices, but you have to understand that there are margins they need to hit on every item sold, so if they were to sell higher quality merchandise, they would raise prices for those items even more.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Mmm I don’t know if I can say quality is subjective. Of course, people can have different preferences, but quality is quality. Someone might prefer a McDonald’s burger over a steak from a 5 star restaurant. That’s fine, they can like what they like, but there’s no arguing McDonalds is higher quality than the 5 star restaurant.

Except it is all subjective because likes/dislikes are all part of the perception on if something has quality for each individual person. So just because you don't see quality in McDonald's over a 5 star restaurant doesn't mean everyone else does also.

DanielBB8

Selling lower quality items for a higher price is immoral.
They are worth $80 on eBay. Disney fans are valuing these items much higher than the retail price. Demand is greater than supply. Disney’s expertise is instilling customer wants through marketing.

DanielBB8

Mmm I don’t know if I can say quality is subjective. Of course, people can have different preferences, but quality is quality. Someone might prefer a McDonald’s burger over a steak from a 5 star restaurant. That’s fine, they can like what they like, but there’s no arguing McDonalds is higher quality than the 5 star restaurant.
Objectively, Pixar Fest is an improvement of their previous offerings. It’s not worse. Yet comparing it to McDonald and a 5 star restaurant is not a fair comparison. Disney is most certainly selling to the mass market like McDonald’s at a higher price point. It isn’t 5 Star even at Club 33 that’s off limits to the public. To prove the point, the parades are the same as previous with a few new floats. How is that worse or cheap? It’s not cheaper when it’s the same or slightly better with the new floats. The fireworks is better with the many new props and Buzz Lightyear and the Up balloon house floating at the castle. This hyperbolic complaining is not objective.

Ismael Flores

So after the huge success for Marvel and Disney this weekend with what is now the biggest franchise in history surpassing even Star Wars Disney better get going on Marvel land.

They have a huge franchise that people are craving for even after all the doom and gloom about súper héroe fatigue.

Let’s hope they impress with whatever they build.
DCA can have a very lucrative bump in attendance in a few years and the resort as a whole will be booming.

Old Mouseketeer

I mean, Imagineers on average make less than public teachers in California. View attachment 281355View attachment 281356

Wow! I didn't realize our CA teachers were that well-paid. That's the best news I've heard in a long time. Thank you for highlighting this. I'm glad to see we are valuing these important people in our state. I don't have kids, but I want our young people educated and prepared to build a better world. Thanks!

Now if Disney could just pay our CMs who make us happy a living wage....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Note that Disney's actions against the LA Times (which, I admit was deplorable and extremely stupid) wasn't because the LA Times gave a Disney movie or theme park attraction a negative review. It was for criticizing their local Anaheim politics. Disney lost big time on this and caved quickly. So, do you really think they'd keep engaging in that kind of behavior?

Yes, and Six Flags is still in business. Does that mean putting out garbage is what's right?

Six Flags isn't garbage. They have widely acclaimed and very popular roller coasters. If they didn't, they'd be out of business. They don't do what Disney does. The problem here is using "theme park" to mean widely different things. Like when Uni calls its water park a theme park and people flip out about that. Six Flags is a very good thrills park.

Professortango1

Note that Disney's actions against the LA Times (which, I admit was deplorable and extremely stupid) wasn't because the LA Times gave a Disney movie or theme park attraction a negative review. It was for criticizing their local Anaheim politics. Disney lost big time on this and caved quickly. So, do you really think they'd keep engaging in that kind of behavior?

Six Flags isn't garbage. They have widely acclaimed and very popular roller coasters. If they didn't, they'd be out of business. They don't do what Disney does. The problem here is using "theme park" to mean widely different things. Like when Uni calls its water park a theme park and people flip out about that. Six Flags is a very good thrills park.

Six Flags has had multiple parks fail. They are pretty garbage in terms of park maintenance, customer service, and capturing imagination. There's a reason most of their parks aren't open 365 days a year.

DanielBB8

Six Flags has had multiple parks fail. They are pretty garbage in terms of park maintenance, customer service, and capturing imagination. There's a reason most of their parks aren't open 365 days a year.
But they just announced Magic Mountain will begin to open year round. They also announced 3 Parks will open in China. They’re expanding operations. Their retrenchment is over.

Phroobar

Magic Mountain must be doing pretty good then. It is open 365 days, has great park maintenance and has one of the best dark ride shooters in the country. Customer service is still pretty bad though but it's getting better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom