News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

truecoat

That abysmal video game CGI Fast and Furious finale to Universal's backlot tour cost $300 million.

I’m not sure where you got that number but there’s no way that’s even close. Uni is pretty frugal when it comes to building attractions.

mickEblu

So I was at the park yesterday and while my wife was with the rest of our group on GOTG, I decided to push my sleeping sons stroller through Bugs Land and observe the land in lieu of the news that it’s going away. I don’t think I’ve ever taken the time to REALLY look around. To me it’s Always been a way to get to Cars Land or TOT.

Anyway my conclusion is the land is charming AF. Popsicle stick benches? Trees, bamboo and green everywhere? The bug sounds soundtrack through the land and bathrooms? My favorite detail though, that I never noticed eventhough my son has played at the “splash park “ a few times, the the huge hose connected to the spigot that even “leaks” like the one at my house does. Never noticed that water was coming from a “hose.” The whole being shrunk thing is really well done unlike Toy Story land(s) where it makes no sense.

Anyway I always appreciated the lands theming but never knew how much until yesterday because I never really took the time to look around.

With that said, the rides sucked.

Last edited:

TP2000

So I was at the park yesterday and while my wife was with the rest of our group on GOTG, I decided to push my sleeping sons stroller through Bugs Land and observe the land in lieu of the news that it’s going away. I don’t think I’ve ever taken the time to REALLY look around. To me it’s Always been a way to get to Cars Land or TOT.

Anyway my conclusion is the land is charming AF. Popsicle stick benches? Trees, bamboo and green everywhere? The bug sounds soundtrack through the land and bathrooms? My favorite detail though, that I never noticed eventhough my son has played at the “splash park “ a few times, the the huge hose connected to the spigot that even “leaks” like the one at my house does. Never noticed that that water was coming from a “hose.” The whole being shrunk thing is really well done unlike Toy Story land(s) where it makes no sense.

Anyway I always appreciate th lands theming but never new how much until yesterday because I never really took the time to look around.

Agreed. They should auction off those popsicle stick benches to Disney fans, they could get big bucks for them I imagine, and donate the money to the OC Children's Hospital.

But the rides in Flik's Fun Fair do suck. No big loss.

Stevek

Really perplexes up that people are lamenting the loss of Bug's Land. I get it, if you have kids. But if you are an adult and are sad that a land that the vast majority of people laughed at when it opened is now closing...I don't get it. Fine, be unhappy that Marvel is going into the park in a bigger way but don't pretend that Bug's Land is some well loved land. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised given how this fanbase finds a way to complain about everything.

Stevek

Agreed. They should auction off those popsicle stick benches to Disney fans, they could get big bucks for them I imagine, and donate the money to the OC Children's Hospital.

But the rides in Flik's Fun Fair do suck. No big loss.

FIiks Flyers is the only ride remotely redeeming as it's pretty much a well themed Disney flyer. Tuck and Roll is the worst bumper cars ever. We enjoyed the land solely because when it opened DCA had nada for families with young kids and we had two very young daughters. Some of that has been remedied now.

Stevek

Anyway my conclusion is the land is charming AF. Popsicle stick benches? Trees, bamboo and green everywhere? The bug sounds soundtrack through the land and bathrooms? My favorite detail though, that I never noticed eventhough my son has played at the “splash park “ a few times, the the huge hose connected to the spigot that even “leaks” like the one at my house does. Never noticed that water was coming from a “hose.” The whole being shrunk thing is really well done unlike Toy Story land(s) where it makes no sense.

Anyway I always appreciated the lands theming but never new how much until yesterday because I never really took the time to look around.

The theming was always very well done, pretty immersive...but not enough to make up for the sucky rides.

Hattieboxghost110

Really perplexes up that people are lamenting the loss of Bug's Land. I get it, if you have kids. But if you are an adult and are sad that a land that the vast majority of people laughed at when it opened is now closing...I don't get it. Fine, be unhappy that Marvel is going into the park in a bigger way but don't pretend that Bug's Land is some well loved land. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised given how this fanbase finds a way to complain about everything.

Don't mess with mickEbruh! Do you wanna step outside?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Agreed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom