News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

Hatbox Ghostbuster

They just need to make this show a reality.
575aa3a1e0965f7e205a3b87e0028b1e71bac04439c08f8a4abec937.jpg

nevol

If they tear down the huge bugs life theater and don’t use that property for an attractions it will seem like such a waste.
With all of bugsland including FfF and the Timon parking they have plenty of room for a new Blvd and two large attractions. The entrance from the parade route can be widen without the need to tear down that theater.

I would really think a good idea would have been to use it for another darkride.
Dude... 3 e tickets and a boulevard/land connecting them. Who cares if that particular concrete rectangle is 100% salvaged? Why can't they realign the street off the parade route so that the boulevard eats up half that land?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If they tear down the huge bugs life theater and don’t use that property for an attractions it will seem like such a waste.
With all of bugsland including FfF and the Timon parking they have plenty of room for a new Blvd and two large attractions. The entrance from the parade route can be widen without the need to tear down that theater.

I would really think a good idea would have been to use it for another darkride.
Dude... 3 e tickets and a boulevard/land connecting them. Who cares if that particular concrete rectangle is 100% salvaged? Why can't they realign the street off the parade route so that the boulevard eats up half that land?

Who said things were going to be placed in Marvel Land reutilizing anything from Bug's Land? Some of us had wondered if maybe using ITTBAB for a Marvel 4D show until the rest of Marvel Land was ready, but that doesn't seem plausible now. So the likelihood is they raze the entire land and build from scratch. Nothing is going to be wasted. Every square inch of land is going to be used for its maximum potential because land is at a premium in Anaheim.

nevol

Who said things were going to be placed in Marvel Land reutilizing anything from Bug's Land? Some of us had wondered if maybe using ITTBAB for a Marvel 4D show until the rest of Marvel Land was ready, but that doesn't seem plausible now. So the likelihood is they raze the entire land and build from scratch. Nothing is going to be wasted. Every square inch of land is going to be used for its maximum potential because land is at a premium in Anaheim.
Not to mention a temporary marvel 4d show would be a tremendous waste of resources. In ride media is super expensive... That abysmal video game CGI Fast and Furious finale to Universal's backlot tour cost $300 million. They'd have to hire all of Marvel's vendors/marvel to produce the content, unless it was a clip show like the last jedi. Huge huge flush of resources down the drain. Really happy that isn't happening.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not to mention a temporary marvel 4d show would be a tremendous waste of resources. In ride media is super expensive... That abysmal video game CGI Fast and Furious finale to Universal's backlot tour cost $300 million. They'd have to hire all of Marvel's vendors/marvel to produce the content, unless it was a clip show like the last jedi. Huge huge flush of resources down the drain. Really happy that isn't happening.

No doubt but it was something some of us had thought about prior to this announcement. Now it doesn't seem realistic for various reasons not even mentioning production cost like you stated. So now I believe they are just closing ITTBAB early so they can start on the demo of the building prior to the rest of the land. The rest of the land is nothing and can be demo'd in a couple days.

2351metalcloud

The figure, that is likely the Black Panther, that is located near the leaves of a tree shown on the Disneyland poster prior to the screen wipe-like action that is followed by a zoom out to show more of the poster has a different body posture than Black Panther in the Disneyland Anaheim poster when it is shown in full view. I wonder if that was an intended difference. Dr. Strange doesn't have his magic circle before the screen effect. I wouldn't be surprised if that was intentionally different after the screen effect and zooming out.

The tab-like thing on what appears to be a soda can in the Anaheim Disneyland poster has a weird shape in my opinion. I wonder if it's supposed to be from a very old can or from a non-American can of soda. If it's from a old can, it might mean that the bug's life area might still have guests imagine that they have been shrunk and have Ant Man located in that area of the park even though Ant Man is going to appear in Hong Kong. If the rumors about time traveling appearing in future MCU movies are correct and also it is an old soda can in the picture, the Ant Man in Anaheim could be the old Ant Man who was Hank Pym. The soda can might be an old soda can because visitors might travel back in time with Hank Pym in that area to when many soda cans in the US looked more like that.

Suspirian

I think we can maybe expect experiences similar to this for the first "phase"

Also I feel like that spiderman looking bus thing in the poster is probably more related to the land than we may think. There doesnt seem to be anything like it from the previous spiderman movies.

D

Deleted member 107043

Also I feel like that spiderman looking bus thing in the poster is probably more related to the land than we may think. There doesnt seem to be anything like it from the previous spiderman movies.

did I just watch? o_O

BrianLo

*** did I just watch? o_O

A temporary walk through attraction Hong Kong Disneyland did for their summer of heroes equivalent. It's surprisingly well put together for a temporary attraction. HKDL being the only Disney park that occasionally does these walk throughs and mazes primarily for their Halloween events.

Realistically Disneyland with all the wasted Backlot buildings could have easily done something similar.

D

Deleted member 107043

A temporary walk through attraction Hong Kong Disneyland did for their summer of heroes equivalent. It's surprisingly well put together for a temporary attraction. HKDL being the only Disney park that occasionally does these walk throughs and mazes primarily for their Halloween events.

Realistically Disneyland with all the wasted Backlot buildings could have easily done something similar.

I guess it's ok since it's temporary. I wouldn't waste my time though.

Suspirian

I could for sure see something more permanent opening while they get started on the Spiderman and Avengers attractions. They really could even use the same story line. Add a Wakanda section and you have a solid newish offering while we wait for the actual attractions.

Speaking of halloween it will be pretty cool to see what they do with this during HalloweenTime. Would be nice to have some villains loose.

Curious Constance

I could for sure see something more permanent opening while they get started on the Spiderman and Avengers attractions. They really could even use the same story line. Add a Wakanda section and you have a solid newish offering while we wait for the actual attractions.

Speaking of halloween it will be pretty cool to see what they do with this during HalloweenTime. Would be nice to have some villains loose.
Do you have a Halloween problem you want to talk about?

nevol

The figure, that is likely the Black Panther, that is located near the leaves of a tree shown on the Disneyland poster prior to the screen wipe-like action that is followed by a zoom out to show more of the poster has a different body posture than Black Panther in the Disneyland Anaheim poster when it is shown in full view. I wonder if that was an intended difference. Dr. Strange doesn't have his magic circle before the screen effect. I wouldn't be surprised if that was intentionally different after the screen effect and zooming out.

The tab-like thing on what appears to be a soda can in the Anaheim Disneyland poster has a weird shape in my opinion. I wonder if it's supposed to be from a very old can or from a non-American can of soda. If it's from a old can, it might mean that the bug's life area might still have guests imagine that they have been shrunk and have Ant Man located in that area of the park even though Ant Man is going to appear in Hong Kong. If the rumors about time traveling appearing in future MCU movies are correct and also it is an old soda can in the picture, the Ant Man in Anaheim could be the old Ant Man who was Hank Pym. The soda can might be an old soda can because visitors might travel back in time with Hank Pym in that area to when many soda cans in the US looked more like that.
So the art is slightly animated?

The can, somebody else posted, is in reference to the soda factory in rio de janiero, brazil where Bruce Banner (Incredible Hulk) worked.

nevol

Oh no... I hope they go with the swinging ride system patent route and don't try to theme a motion theater as a flying bus like the nemo simulator in tokyo, and that this is just a meet and greet prop of some sort.

Phroobar

See what is possible if Disney would create Halloween haunt mazes in their domestic parks. That is about as good as anything I see at Knotts or Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom