News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon&Susan

An item marked for the Walt Disney Archives would not resurface at a park for an extended period of time. Exception being One Man's Dream
I’ve heard before that several of the vehicles (Skyway Buckets, front of the Monorail Mark III, etc.) in the Rocket Rods queue were sourced from the Archives, most of them were moved back and restored, but a few are still used in the gift shop for BLAB.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

I’ve heard before that several of the vehicles (Skyway Buckets, front of the Monorail Mark III, etc.) in the Rocket Rods queue were sourced from the Archives, most of them were moved back and restored, but a few are still used in the gift shop for BLAB.
The Yeti from the Matterhorn (the 1978 version) was also once part of the Archive's collection:

...But is now currently a prop in the queue for Mission Breakout:
Yeti.jpg

goldenstate5

I splice wiring and air lines weekly. Not a problem to restore movement. I wouldn't expect much if they do, eyes and nothing else.

I could see them restoring the AA to his "B-mode" of blinking, swaying his head and hand back-and-forth that he did between shows.

An item marked for the Walt Disney Archives would not resurface at a park for an extended period of time. Exception being One Man's Dream

Not necessarily true, I imagine that WDI could easily override this if Archives hadn't taken them yet.

DreamfinderGuy

And more importantly... *you* are *not* an insider.
I don’t think I ever claimed to be one. I also believe that your explanation of being an insider is not only extremely flawed, but also doesn’t align with Dave Ensign, who I don’t believe has ever proven himself as an insider before. But whatever, you guys can play your little game of speculation here. I’ll just abandon this thread knowing the facts :p

flynnibus

Premium Member
Insiders rarely stick around in consistent forms... because maintaining anonymity and sharing details usually go counter to each other. Instead, we often get people who were inside in previous lifetimes... and still have the insight or contacts.

The other category is those who are consistent and reliable people who have access to actual insiders and share insider INFORMATION without directly revealing the source.

Ex: Martin is not an insider - but has insider knowledge and contacts.

Same as hoot... not a direct insider, but has prior knowledge and still has contacts. And of course has his own personal experiences

tongaloosh

Sorry, what does BLAB stand for?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Do Hollywood zombie/vampire rules (take care of the original and all the others turn back) apply to getting rid of this rumor too? If so, I may have come across the source from which all of this spread ;)

FWIW, if this is the source of the rumor, it still fits squarely in the "WDI took it without telling park ops" theory. Looks like this person relied on the word of a regular cast member, so if park ops didn't know what was going on, it would seem unlikely that a random CM would know something more reliable.

DreamfinderGuy

Do Hollywood zombie/vampire rules (take care of the original and all the others turn back) apply to getting rid of this rumor too? If so, I may have come across the source from which all of this spread ;)

FWIW, if this is the source of the rumor, it still fits squarely in the "WDI took it without telling park ops" theory. Looks like this person relied on the word of a regular cast member, so if park ops didn't know what was going on, it would seem unlikely that a random CM would know something more reliable.

I know I said I was abandoning this thread (turning off notifications after this post), but yes this is where the rumor started. It did NOT come from a normal CM however, and it was NOT a message from December. This was investigations.

Rk2k5

I was on YouTube watching a podcast and apparently buzzy was never stolen. Cast members stole his jacket and hat. They were trying to take pictures also with him but since it’s dangerous he was removed and is currently in Epcot.

Gringrinngghost

Because that's your constitutional right. You don't have to lawyer up right away, you can engage with the police if you want, and you don't have to stay if you aren't being detained (where they have probable cause or need to determine if a crime has occurred). He could simply ask if he's being detained, and if not, leave.

I still think his screw up was putting his phone out in the open... I think the police were trying to seize it as evidence, vs executing a warrant.

It would be interesting to see if he answers if the police KEPT his phone after he was released. (or were able to search it.. with or without his consent/assist)
My argument was the following. If he knows that the figure was stolen and would assume that he was a suspect in the case, they why did he present himself without his lawyer voluntarily for questioning. It seems to me from reading the reports, and public statements that have been around. He didn’t confer with his counsel before deciding to talk with the OCSO.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My argument was the following. If he knows that the figure was stolen and would assume that he was a suspect in the case, they why did he present himself without his lawyer voluntarily for questioning. It seems to me from reading the reports, and public statements that have been around. He didn’t confer with his counsel before deciding to talk with the OCSO.

Why? Because he’s an oblivious kid who had no idea what he was messing with.... and why he about lost his cookies when the police showed their cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom