News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherOfBirds

Erm....

Well...maybe someone walked in with an empty backpack with the intention to steal Buzzy and TDC didn't care to check the guys bag when he exited Epcot. Who knows.

If someone walked out of there with Buzzy in their backpack then I think Disney security is going to be more concerned about how Andre the Giant rose from the dead and found his way backstage at Epcot than what was in his backpack.

MarkDavidZahn

If it doesn't already have one, Disney World could really use some sort of park museum or permanent D23-style exhibit. Obviously, there's a desire to see the history of the park. The permanent and touring exhibits of Jim Henson / Muppet memorabilia are pretty popular, so I would think that something similar putting Disney World history on display would have a lot of retro appeal. If it was popular, it might give Disney the incentive it needs to preserve these animatronics and other pieces of Disney history (that they clearly lack now).

Creathir

Pass. As you know I only confirm what I personally know about ;)
Just a question about tagging in general:

Do they tag for archival purposes as well as just to ensure an article is left alone while it may not be presently active?

Meaning, when an item is tagged, the intention may not be to dismantle but to leave in place for a quicker turnaround if it needs to be reactivated?

The military does a similar concept with naval vessels and aircraft. They decommission them, but many times just dry them in/store them in the desert for future use if needed.

Tom Morrow

Just a question about tagging in general:

Do they tag for archival purposes as well as just to ensure an article is left alone while it may not be presently active?

Meaning, when an item is tagged, the intention may not be to dismantle but to leave in place for a quicker turnaround if it needs to be reactivated?

The military does a similar concept with naval vessels and aircraft. They decommission them, but many times just dry them in/store them in the desert for future use if needed.

No, the tags only state that the item should be moved to the archives.

To my understanding, one of Disney's archive locations is an unmarked warehouse in Kissimmee, at 711 N Hoagland Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34741. I could be wrong, but it is apparently owned by Disney and there are never any trucks or vehicles at this location.

My95cobras

Clothes were 100% stolen by BDD. Buzzy is 100% gone, but we don’t know if he was stolen or if it was just an unauthorized removal.

Clothes were stolen. Bdd was in possession and has messages that he sold them.

We do not know if he was the one or lone person who actually took them.

Regardless, it is still grand theft to be in possession of stolen items worth more than $300 and dealing in stolen property for selling them.

5thGenTexan

No, the tags only state that the item should be moved to the archives.

To my understanding, one of Disney's archive locations is an unmarked warehouse in Kissimmee, at 711 N Hoagland Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34741. I could be wrong, but it is apparently owned by Disney and there are never any trucks or vehicles at this location.

I promise I am not trying to be argumentative, but there were trucks there in May 2016.
disney warehouse.jpg

s8film40

I visited this warehouse a couple times many years ago. The photos of the Figment AA I posted several pages back were from here. While some of the items in the warehouse could certainly have been being stored for archives, at least half if not the majority of the warehouse was housing office supplies and equipment. There were truck being loaded and unloaded from what I remember with all of the interesting stuff being stored in the south end. Several of those items have since made it back into the parks and to the scrapyards. So I wouldn’t say it’s an archives warehouse exclusively, but perhaps they utilize it to store things temporarily?

tribbleorlfl

All this talk about hydraulic fluid has me thinking, those look like air lines that were cut so I would expect no fluid. The base the AA was mounted on looked to be hydraulically controlled.
If the rumors of activating the AA recently were true I am sure central shops has a portable compressor and control valves they could operate any actuators connected to it.
Bring in your test setup, make sure all the actuators work and manually put Buzzy through his paces for the demo.
FYI, talked to my dad about this. Scuzzy is/was both hydraulic and air-controlled. Hydraulic for the arms, air for fine movements like eye lids and brows.

HMFan999

I visited this warehouse a couple times many years ago. The photos of the Figment AA I posted several pages back were from here. While some of the items in the warehouse could certainly have been being stored for archives, at least half if not the majority of the warehouse was housing office supplies and equipment. There were truck being loaded and unloaded from what I remember with all of the interesting stuff being stored in the south end. Several of those items have since made it back into the parks and to the scrapyards. So I wouldn’t say it’s an archives warehouse exclusively, but perhaps they utilize it to store things temporarily?
How did you get access? I can't imagine they give tours.

s8film40

How did you get access? I can't imagine they give tours.
It’s amazing what you can get access to if you just ask. I was a CM at the time. I’m sure it would be a lot more difficult to get in otherwise. I’ve seen so many interesting places throughout WDW, by either setting up tours or asking. I even drove right into the studio lot in Burbank, couldn’t believe they just let me right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom